This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avenue Q

I haven't seen it but I have the original cast soundtrack and the songs are great. I really want to see this show. Anyone ever see it?

Re: Avenue Q

Yes. In short, it's freakin' amazing. I've seen it 3 times. Once with the original cast, once in Vegas with the shortened version, and most recently the Touring show.

While some see it as "Sesame Street for Adults," it's honestly a very sweet, sometimes raunchy, mostly hilarious show that just so happens to have puppets as the main characters. If you get the chance, do go see it. I believe the Tour still has some stops before it's done.

Comment

I envy you for seeing it with the original cast, I love their voices on the cd. John Tartaglia as Princeton is just wonderful.

Comment

I just saw it like 2 weeks ago. amazing. even with an understudy as one of the main characters. It was kind of surprisingly short but it was hilarious. Definitely go see it.

Comment

I've seen the otur hn it was in L.A. and the original on Broadway. Love it! I wasn't so sure about the human/puppet thing, but I love it now. It's hilarious.
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

haven't seen it but the soundtrack is something I never tire of. I hope to see the show one of these days
            Will there be screams when the sun sets,
            -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
            elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
            Originally posted by pratt55
            Elly is adorkable.

Comment

I saw it twice in Vegas. Loved the show completely. I was lucky enough to see some of the original cast in the Vegas show. I hoped both times that I would be lucky enough to see John Tartaglia, but no such luck.
              Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
              I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I love John Tartaglia's voice, his Princeton is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGuyChris View Post
                  It was kind of surprisingly short but it was hilarious. Definitely go see it.
                  Hmm, I thought it was surprisingly long! The second act dragged out a bit for me. In fact, I had thought they were going to run the whole show with no intermission at all. It seemed to lose some steam with the whole Empire State Building stuff.

That said, I did really enjoy it and thought most of it was hilarious! And it was great to watch some of the older people around us cringe. You could tell they had no idea what the show was about! :lol:
                  A signature should go here.

Comment

LOVE IT!! Was an unsuspecting audience member at the Ahmanson last year and I was victimized with laughter, debauchery and a great time!! I was hoping to catch it again in the OC this year, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. But I play songs from the soundtracks monthly and found a lot of videos of great performances in London on You Tube to tide me over from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post

That said, I did really enjoy it and thought most of it was hilarious! And it was great to watch some of the older people around us cringe. You could tell they had no idea what the show was about! :lol:
                      That is worth the price of admission alone!

Comment

I had tickets for this for London last year but couldn't make it due to illness. I am still sad that I haven't managed to get back there yet. The soundtrack is great and everyone I know who has seen it comments on how amazed they are that they watch the puppets, not the puppeteers.
                        WDW - 1987 & 1991
                        DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                        DLR - October 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X