This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Matthews Band - Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King

Anybody else hear the new DMB album yet? It's AMAZING.

To say that this is their best album since "Before these crowded streets" is an understatement. They had kind of lost me on their last 3 studio albums (but not live) but this one is a return to a great studio album for the band.

I'm really having a hard time going through and picking a favorite track because they are all my favorites right now.

Re: Dave Matthews Band - Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King

Which album did you hear? I hated it. I thought it was pretty crappy, and I love DMB. It just felt like they were all phoning it in. Every song was just pretty unimpressive and uninspired. The lyrics were just meh and the music was at best, just OK. I wanted to love it, I've heard such great things about it, but it came across as pretty subpar for a DMB album.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

^ Wow, weird that two fans can have a totally different experience. I felt they had phoned-it-in on Stand Up (which is my least favorite DMB album) and that this was a return to form from the first 4 albums.

Comment

This is def their best studio album since BTCS. I still wouldn't put it above the big three though or even The Lillywhite sessions which was their best album this decade.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X