Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Hisaishi in Budokan - Celebrating 25 Years of Miyazaki Anime Concert DVD

YESASIA: Joe Hisaishi in Budokan - Miyazaki Anime to Tomo ni Ayunda 25 Nenkan - (Blu-ray) (Japan Version) Blu-ray,Blu-Ray - Hisaishi Joe, Hirahara Ayaka, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment - Japanese Concerts & Music Videos - Free Shipping - Nort

I found this the other night after finding YouTube videos from the concert, most noticably are the songs from Spirited Away that apparently had lyrics to them!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wl7Cw6f5tI]YouTube - 8_-_[Concert] Le Voyage de Chihiro_-_Joe Hisaishi 2008[/ame]

Now what's interesting is that Walt Disney Home Entertainment is the company producing the DVD/Blu-Ray, yet it is only available in Japan. Anybody know if they will release it with an English narrator and region encoded for the US?

I've already ordered the Blu-Ray since it's region free, but I'm just curious if anyone has heard of anything about this concert.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Last album uploads: pictures from the Alice in Wonderland exhibit, more still to be added
    2nd Club 33 visit- Febuary '10! Yay for my sister's birthday.
    Next Disneyland visit: ???
    My knicks and knacks and fancy dresses:
    http://questionablekristina.deviantart.com/

Comment

Re: Joe Hisaishi in Budokan - Celebrating 25 Years of Miyazaki Anime Concert DVD

One can only hope that Lasseter will do something within his power and release a US version of the DVD, possibly with him narrating the introductions, when Ponyo hits stores.

I mean, they do feature a clip of him singing the Totoro song with Miyazaki at the Pixar studios, which is rather cute.

Comment

Re: Joe Hisaishi in Budokan - Celebrating 25 Years of Miyazaki Anime Concert DVD

Well, my import copy of the concert came in today and one of the first things to fall out of the package was this Proof of Purchase card.

As you can see, the Walt Disney logo appears twice on it with a customer service number and a Japan-based server URL for information on the Ghibli films available on DVD.

I think it's clear that now that Disney does own distributing rights to this concert. I guess there isn't much of a demand in the US to see the concert.

By the way, I'm watching it right now, and it's beautiful!! I didn't know that a lot of the songs in Ponyo had lyrics to them as well, specifically Fujimoto's theme and Lisa's theme. It's a good thing I can type blind (i.e. not looking at the keyboard or screen).

Comment

: o...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant

And yeah, a lot of the orchestrated pieces in there have lyrical accompaniment that aren't originally in the films. (like the spirited away pieces and the ending to mononoke.)

Also, something I took particular enjoyment in watching on the videos, is how Hisaishi seems to genuinely be so happy and into it during many of the songs, like the totoro theme. It's great to see he still has such enthusiasm for it after all these years.
          Last album uploads: pictures from the Alice in Wonderland exhibit, more still to be added
          2nd Club 33 visit- Febuary '10! Yay for my sister's birthday.
          Next Disneyland visit: ???
          My knicks and knacks and fancy dresses:
          http://questionablekristina.deviantart.com/

Comment

In the Blu-ray, he dances at one point during the Kiki suite. It's so adorible.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X