This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas music

My name is Lannie and I'm a Christmas music junkie. Okay, okay, I know it's early! I was just wondering what your favorite Christmas record is, past or present.

Every year I purchase or download two or three Christmas albums. Most are from the late 1950's - mid 1960's. In fact, I just found Steve and Eydie "That Holiday Feeling", which I really like a lot.

So what's your favorite?

Re: Christmas music

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Christmas-Cocktails-Various-Artists/dp/B0002W4UQQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1257719598&sr=8-4"]Christmas cocktails[/ame] is my favorite Christmas set. Just so mellow and screams 50s and 60s, it's awesome!

I am also a fan of the more traditional, Johnny Mathis, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc.

No really bad Christmas music.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

"Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid (the original, not the crappy remake) and "Last Christmas" by Wham!.

Other than that, I'm really not into Christmas music.

Comment

Sawyer Brown's Hallelujah, He is Born. Many original songs, all great.
        NSYNC's Christmas CD too.
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Okay so I have a TON of favorites! I really enjoy Little Drummer Boy - David Bowie & Bing Crosby but Im not sure I would say thats my favorite. I have too many Christmas songs that I couldnt say just ONE is my favorite though!......

Winter Wonderland
          All I want for Christmas is You
          Jingle Bells
          White Christmas
          Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays
          Noel
          Silent Night
          I could name a ton I love them all! Its my favorite time of the year!

Comment

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" - Dean Martin

MY favorite hands-down!

But I too am a total Christmas music junkie! I love it all.
            For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
            http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Originally posted by leopardchucks View Post
              "Baby, It's Cold Outside" - Dean Martin

MY favorite hands-down!

But I too am a total Christmas music junkie! I love it all.
              Leopardchucks, Steve and Eydie have a great rendition of that song here ~ [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Holiday-Feeling-Steve-Lawrence-Eydie/dp/B0000DEMAJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1257735862&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: That Holiday Feeling!: Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme: Music[/ame]

Yoyoflamingo, I have that CD as well. I totally agree, it's awesome. There's a little bit of everything on that one.

The two park loops, DL and Epcot are my Christmas staples as well.

Comment

Do You Hear What I Hear - Bing Crosby, best

White Christmas - same as above, of course

Mary's Boy Child - Harry Belafonte version

Drummer Boy - the Harry Simeone Chorale

Little St. Nick, of course! - Beach Boys

I'll Be Home for Christmas - Beach Boys version is hauntingly beautiful

The Christmas Song - The Chipmunks

Merry Christmas Darling - the Carpenters

...for starters at least.
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I love my two music box Christmas cd's. They remind me of home.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Supremes Christmas album is my all time favorite. My mother would play it every christmas when I was a little boy.
                    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Comment

oh gosh...I say that Radioberry's list is almost the same as my favorite xams music but I will add that I love love Burl Ives rendation of Silver and Gold..just beautiful as well as Andy Williams classic It's the most wonderful time of the year..that pretty much states that the holidays are here!!
                      "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Originally posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
                        I really enjoy Little Drummer Boy - David Bowie & Bing Crosby
                        I was trying to find out which album this is on. I've got all of Bowie's albums, but him singing with Bing is not on any of them, not even the compilations.

I'm just sorting a bunch of mp3s to put on my mp3 player now. It's a big mix of traditional to contemporary. Everything from the Rat Pack to Enya and Sarah McLachlan. Even Billy Idol (yes, he did put out a Christmas album but it was only released in the UK). And what the heck, I'll even through on there some Boney M.

Comment

Originally posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
                          oh gosh...I say that Radioberry's list is almost the same as my favorite xams music but I will add that I love love Burl Ives rendation of Silver and Gold..just beautiful as well as Andy Williams classic It's the most wonderful time of the year..that pretty much states that the holidays are here!!
                          "Holly Jolly Christmas" is my Burl Ives standard.

Blue Christmas by Elvis....Willie Nelson's "Pretty Paper"...

If you've never heard the Beach Boys Christmas album/CD - originally recorded in 1963 - you owe it to yourself. You can usually find it in bargain bins now. It's got a great blend, and their harmonies...OMG. Of course I'm biased!
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Oh my gosh! I love Christmas music! The cheesier the better too! The last couple of years I've been focusing on contemporary pop tunes (pretty much maxed out the classic Judy Garland and Bing Crosby and spirituals)

I put together this years playlist about a month ago. Which of course includes all the classic 50's and 60's tunes as well as these more recent tracks

We Three Kings - Spinal Tap
                            Reggae Christmas - Bryan Adams
                            Mr. Heatmeister - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
                            Ho Ho Ho - Alvin & The Chipmunks
                            Another Lonely Christmas - Prince
                            Song For A Winter's Night - Sarah McLachlan
                            Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
                            All I Want For Christmas - Timbuck 3
                            Santa's Lament - Father Guido Sarduchi
                            Merry Christmas Santa Claus (You're a Lovely Guy) - Max Headroom

Sting just put out a Christmas Album as well, It's at Starbucks, but I haven't gotten it yet, though I have heard some of it. I'll get that one next.

Comment

Josh Groban's Christmas album, Noel
                              Celine Dion's Christmas album, These Are Special Times
                              Anything Christmas by the Muppets
                              Snoopy's Christmas
                              It's A Marshmallow World - Londonberry singers

I <3 Christmas music. One station out here has been playing it since before Halloween! And another just started yesterday.
                              Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X