Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the first band you ever heard?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What was the first band you ever heard?

    As a tribute to Micechat's diversity, I thought I'd start this thread to celebrate music. What was the first band or music you heard that made you like them as of this day?

    For me, it was Queen. I was 5 when I heard "We Will Rock You/ We are the Champions" because of The Mighty Ducks. I've loved them since.

    What about you?


    AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991


  • #2
    Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

    I think my first band I got into was Linkin Park and then Smash Mouth
    Happy Halloween!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

      Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
      I think my first band I got into was Linkin Park and then Smash Mouth
      Crap I feel old. Those were my college bands.

      As weird as it sounds my folks saw Blondie when my mom was 8 months pregs with me. I've been a lifelong Blondie fan. I was born bright white blonde and up until recently (even when I "rebelled" and dyed my hair dark brown and reds) my dad called me "Blondie." I also grew up on the Beach Boys and I can listen to them any time or place.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

        ^besides Disney music I was not into real Bands until I was like 10 and even then I didn't listen to that much.....CD's cost to much 10 bucks on a new toy or a CD for me it was a no brainier...now Songs are easier to listen to (you tube and my car radio)
        Happy Halloween!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

          Oooh, good question...

          I think for me, it was The Beatles as they were my parent's favorite band. We spent a lot of the time on the road driving to places, anywhere really, and their albums were constantly spinning in the CD player.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

            Originally posted by Rocker View Post
            As a tribute to Micechat's diversity, I thought I'd start this thread to celebrate music. What was the first band or music you heard that made you like them as of this day?

            For me, it was Queen. I was 5 when I heard "We Will Rock You/ We are the Champions" because of The Mighty Ducks. I've loved them since.

            What about you?

            About a decade earlier than you, Rocker, for me it was Queen also. "You're my best friend" on KJR AM Radio. 1974. I was 10.
            Just countin' the days til the next visit!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

              My older brother introduced me to Rush at the tender age of 5. Countdown off their Signals album was the song. Been hooked every since.

              Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

                i think the first band i got into was Incubus back when Make Yourself was new. I wasn't into rock music in my early teens. i wasn't into much because most of the people i hung out with either listened to hip hop, R&B, and hideous punk rock like Operation Ivy. while i listened to what they did here and there, it wasn't truly my thing. i ventured into rock by myself, and now there are a few hundred groups i enjoy : )

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

                  Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                  My older brother introduced me to Rush at the tender age of 5. Countdown off their Signals album was the song. Been hooked every since.
                  "Limelight" here at age 9 with my Dad's mix tape. I've loved them since also.


                  AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

                    Between Prince And The Revolution or The Doors if my memory serves me right.

                    Speaking of bands, guess who came out the closet...

                    Jonathan Knight

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

                      Band? The Beach Boys. My mom is a big fan, so I grew up listening to their stuff.

                      Singer? Elvis. Again, mom is a BIG fan, so...

                      First I "discovered" on my own? The Osmonds. Donny was my first crush (at... 4 or 5, back in the late 70's).

                      Yeah... I'm old.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

                        First heard this pretty young in my Mom's car



                        Anything else roughly was classic Disney for that matter.
                        California Screamin' Ride Count: 111





                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

                          I think Backstreet boys is the band I have heard for the first time in the age of 13..!!!
                          Cocaine is God's way of saying that you're making too much money.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

                            Originally posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
                            and hideous punk rock like Operation Ivy.
                            Operation Ivy is ska and watch out what you say dude..

                            The first music I got into on my own (before that people just shoved what they like into me) was, The Misfits or Suicidal Tendencies, cant remeber which one came first. I dove into punk rock head first really fast when I was around 15. Still listen to it nowa days along with a few other Genres since ive grown.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What was the first band you ever heard?

                              Originally posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
                              Operation Ivy is ska and watch out what you say dude..

                              The first music I got into on my own (before that people just shoved what they like into me) was, The Misfits or Suicidal Tendencies, cant remeber which one came first. I dove into punk rock head first really fast when I was around 15. Still listen to it nowa days along with a few other Genres since ive grown.
                              Queen and Rush were my Dad and I've loved them since

                              THe Beatles and the Stones were me all the way- My Dad hates the stones

                              Weezer was my own too.

                              Dropkick Murphys?- First heard them in the Departed.


                              AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X