No announcement yet.

Etta James has died

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etta James has died

A true music legend has left us. You will be missed.

Etta James has died | The Music Mix |

Etta James, an icon of mid-century soul and R&B, has passed away in Riverside, California, after a long battle with leukemia. She was 73.Cadillac Records
    More at the link

Re: Etta James has died

Here are some pics from the 2005 Fountain Blues Festival in San Jose. I'd Rather go Blind is about as powerful a piece of blues as you'll ever find. She was practically giving the chair a lap dance; a nasty ol' broad until the end. Watch Cadillac Records.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7-sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	16310Click image for larger version

Name:	9-sm.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	16311Click image for larger version

Name:	11-sm.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	16312Click image for larger version

Name:	12-sm.jpg
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	16313

A bientot.
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Re: Etta James has died

Etta's "Sugar on the Floor" is one of my all time favorite blues songs. Amazing!! And her version of "These Little Things" should be the standard on how that song should be sung.

Etta James' death hit me, personally, much harder than Whitney Houston's (not taking anything away from Ms. Houston).
      "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 08:15 AM on 07-20-2012.