Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever read a book from back to front and back again?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever read a book from back to front and back again?

Yes, this is a Harry Potter thread. I am staying out of the "other" ones, because I don't want to find out anything, that will spoil my experience of reading the last book.

I have read somewhere that the final chapter is an epilogue?

Will you be tempted to read that first? Or will you read your book from front to back, the old fashioned way.

I'll be back when I finish my copy. My husband and I will hit the book store this night right before midnight.

Enjoy your book!
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Have you ever read a book from back to front and back again?

I am so tempted, Barbara Ann to read the epilogue first, but I must resist. I will be working Saturday night at the bookstore so I hope noone gives anything away. I leave for work tonight at 5pm, so I will be signing off then, not to return to the computer until after I finish the book.

Happy reading everyone!

Comment

I'm not even CLOSE to be tempted to read the ending first.... I'm gonna do it like this....
      Page 1
      Page 2
      Page 3.

LOL
      All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Nancywitt View Post
        I am so tempted, Barbara Ann to read the epilogue first, but I must resist. I will be working Saturday night at the bookstore so I hope noone gives anything away. I leave for work tonight at 5pm, so I will be signing off then, not to return to the computer until after I finish the book.

Happy reading everyone!
        Same here. Not to return to the computer until I finish the book.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

I always used to do that. Read the last page first and then read the book. I truly hate surprises. I like to know what's going to happen. However I've been really good lately and I have promised myself to read it front to back not the other way around.

Comment

DO NOT

i repeat DO NOT

read the ending last. why ruin all the possibilities for yourself?

Comment

So you'll be one of the firsts to know the ending, guh!

Comment

Originally posted by DarthDucky View Post
                So you'll be one of the firsts to know the ending, guh!
                too late, lol lots of people read the leak, just DON'T do it guys!

just remember the book is by jk rowling, lots of twists and turns and ahha moments, if you read the back first, you won't get to enjoy all of the things she put in for you.

Comment

Quite frankly, if you can avoid it, don't read the Epilogue period.

It reads like bad Fanfic.
                  Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

I could never get into these books, but I read books from front to back.

Comment

I just finished the book. In this case, if you read the ending first, it will definitely spoil the reading of the book.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                        I just finished the book. In this case, if you read the ending first, it will definitely spoil the reading of the book.
                        I agree. I'm glad I didn't read the ending first, although i was really tempted too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadako View Post
                          Quite frankly, if you can avoid it, don't read the Epilogue period.

It reads like bad Fanfic.
                          OMG totally!!! Agreed!

was tempted to read the end but didn't.
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I just finished. I would have kicked myself if I would have read the ending first (even though I was tempted).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X