Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sadako's Non-Spoiler Review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadako's Non-Spoiler Review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

really
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Re: Sadako's Non-Spoiler Review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

Thanks, Sadako for a great review. I reluctantly read it, even though I was fearful of spoilers. Ultimately, I gave in because I trusted you and you did a good job of giving us your take on the book without giving anything away.

I'm looking forward to jumping in tomorrow when the FedEx man comes!
    Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rixter View Post
      Thanks, Sadako for a great review. I reluctantly read it, even though I was fearful of spoilers. Ultimately, I gave in because I trusted you and you did a good job of giving us your take on the book without giving anything away.

I'm looking forward to jumping in tomorrow when the FedEx man comes!
      No prob, I tried to keep spoilers far away from this one so there's no danger...

Now on the other hand, if you went into the other 7 page long Spoilerrific thread... :whistling
      Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

i agree with the statement about the epilogue. i found myself scanning it just to see what it was, but i didn't really read it.

Comment

and to think, this started off as a childrens book...
          -----------------------------------------------
          DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Thank you for keeping it spoiler free but informative. Now I just have to get past the first 600+ pages...
            sigpic

Comment

I finished the book yesterday and agree 100% with sadako. To me it was as if JK sort of phoned it in in order to get the series done. It had way too much filler and parts of the book were hard to read because it was so boring. and she left the door open for more " potterish" books. In my opinion 1/3 of the book was filled with a needless plotline that dragged the rest of the book down. Of the seven books this was definitely my least favorite.

Comment

I so agree with Sadako's review.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

Thanks for your review, Sadako. I agree with most of it. There really was way too much filler, but I can't blame Rowling too much. She didn't want to let go, to end the story. The movie should be easy to make. Get rid of the tent scenes, the wedding and the trip to the Ministry. That should knock out about 1/3 to 1/2 of the book.

Comment

Couldn't agree with you more!

Comment

Originally posted by Nancywitt View Post
                      Thanks for your review, Sadako. I agree with most of it. There really was way too much filler, but I can't blame Rowling too much. She didn't want to let go, to end the story. The movie should be easy to make. Get rid of the tent scenes, the wedding and the trip to the Ministry. That should knock out about 1/3 to 1/2 of the book.
                      No, don't get rid of the wedding or trip to the Ministry!! I loved those parts!

Comment

Originally posted by twinmom View Post
                        No, don't get rid of the wedding or trip to the Ministry!! I loved those parts!
                        Here's the thing though, Harry takes Polyjuice Potion and becomes someone else. So during those scenes, it won't be Daniel Radcliff we are looking at as Harry, but some other actors. It just doesn't make sense to do those scenes. If I was the scriptwriter, I wouldn't put it in, it does not advance Harry's story.

Comment

Originally posted by Nancywitt View Post
                          Here's the thing though, Harry takes Polyjuice Potion and becomes someone else. So during those scenes, it won't be Daniel Radcliff we are looking at as Harry, but some other actors. It just doesn't make sense to do those scenes. If I was the scriptwriter, I wouldn't put it in, it does not advance Harry's story.

Maybe we would see some quality acting then...
                          Siggy siggy sig sig.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X