This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A Wrinkle in Time" author Madeleine L'Engle dead at 88

I loved this book. May she Rest In Peace.

Source
    sigpic

Re: "A Wrinkle in Time" author Madeleine L'Engle dead at 88

I never knew she was still alive. (Well, not anymore...)

My favorite book of her's is A Ring of Endless Light. The Disney Channel movie they made of it several years ago was mearly ok.

Comment

I was very sad to hear she has passed. Her books were pure genius.
      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's sad. I, too, read her books and loved them.
        Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
        FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
        I bring the magic!!!
        "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
        Originally posted by Reverend DMother
        Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

"A Wrinkle In Time" was one of my favorite books when I was very young; my single mother signed me up for a 'Book Club' that sent me Newberry Medal winning books every month; it must have been expensive, but I loved every book that I read (I think that "Where the Wild Things Are" was the first book, followed by "A Wrinkle In Time", "The Cat Who Went To Heaven", the "Mrs. Piggle Wiggle" books, and so many wonderful others) - and I read Ms. L'Engle's book several times; what great imagery, what a great experience to travel with those kids across time and space with the odd neighbor ladies (Mrs Who, Mrs Which, Mrs Whatsit) who helped them - often making mistakes along the way (like when they accidently take the children to a two-dimensional land - the description is so amazing...)

Bless Madeleleine L'Engle and all the joy she brought to my childhood - and children everywhere...
          "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

Wrinkle in Time author Madeleine L'Engle dies at 88

Comment

Re: Wrinkle in Time author Madeleine L'Engle dies at 88

There is already another thread on this topic:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76874
              "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X