Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

    so, after splurging at Best Buy tonight i thought i'd start a thread like this to see what my fellow micechatters are buying

    tonight we bought:
    Halo Wars for the Xbox: totally a Dustin game- i have no interest in it
    Resident Evil 5 for the Xbox: totally an elly AND dustin game with zombies!
    Grand Theft Auto:Chinatown Wars for the DS: it just look so cool, we'll both be playing it


    what have YOU bought?
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-


    Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Originally posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.








  • #2
    Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

    I bought Stalker: Clear Sky for the PC. Not too bad, yet not the best of games. Has amazing lighting/graphic effects if your PC can handle it. A bit buggy, but its pretty fun. Whats really amazing about this game is that something is always happening between two factions and their squads, even when your not apart of an army or in a mission. Squads and soldiers of factions will attempt to take over enemy positions across the land, and advance on them until they can take them over, or pushed back by repelling forces.
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 05-18-2009, 10:11 PM.

    "A boy and his dragon, a bond that can never be broken"

    Probably the most HTTYD obsessed person here. =3

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

      In the last month I've bought a bunch of sale games at BB and Target.

      Mirror's Edge - $20
      Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - $20
      Condemned 2 - $10
      Bad Company - $10

      I just finished RB6V2 and I'm starting Bioshock in anticipation of Bioshock 2 coming up.

      Take a look at Dead Rising. There are 53594 zombies to kill in Dead Rising and EVERYTHING is a weapon. You can get it for $20 at Target. Also, they give you an achievement for killing 53595 zombies.


      Elly, you NEED Left 4 Dead for the best zombie game on the market! It has 2 player splitscreen, but on your TV, that should work fine.

      I really want Killzone @, but I'm going to wait until it goes on sale for $40 before I buy it.

      On the PS3, I did buy Flower. It's a beautiful relaxing game. No buttons, just six-axis to control it.
      Be controversial

      Be outspoken

      Be outrageous

      Just don't be boring

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

        Originally posted by justjohn View Post
        In the last month I've bought a bunch of sale games at BB and Target.

        Mirror's Edge - $20
        Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - $20
        Condemned 2 - $10
        Bad Company - $10

        I just finished RB6V2 and I'm starting Bioshock in anticipation of Bioshock 2 coming up.

        Take a look at Dead Rising. There are 53594 zombies to kill in Dead Rising and EVERYTHING is a weapon. You can get it for $20 at Target. Also, they give you an achievement for killing 53595 zombies.


        Elly, you NEED Left 4 Dead for the best zombie game on the market! It has 2 player splitscreen, but on your TV, that should work fine.

        I really want Killzone @, but I'm going to wait until it goes on sale for $40 before I buy it.

        On the PS3, I did buy Flower. It's a beautiful relaxing game. No buttons, just six-axis to control it.

        we have left4dead, just haven't had the time to fire it up yet...i think its still in the wrapping and we bought it in February

        Dead Rising sounds good, might have to check that one out too, Dustin loves games where anythign around you can be used as weapon
        Will there be screams when the sun sets,
        -=Is It October Yet?=-


        Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
        elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
        Originally posted by pratt55
        Elly is adorkable.







        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

          It's been two months since I bought some...
          Music is my LIFE!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

            last games i picked up were some cool finds:

            Mega Man X Collection for the GameCube
            Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for the PS2

            i've still got RE5 and MadWorld waiting for me at the store ::sadface::
            PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
            Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
            3DS: 3050-7580-4526

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

              Originally posted by elly View Post
              we have left4dead, just haven't had the time to fire it up yet...i think its still in the wrapping and we bought it in February

              Dead Rising sounds good, might have to check that one out too, Dustin loves games where anythign around you can be used as weapon
              Let me know when you want to play and we'll hook up online! I'll show you around the neighborhood, explain all the different special zombies and we'll do some major damage to the zombie hordes!
              Be controversial

              Be outspoken

              Be outrageous

              Just don't be boring

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

                I got Rock Band 2 as a housewarming gift for my new pad. Unfortunately, my XBox360 has been freezing up as of late
                "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
                1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

                JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

                  Went to GameStop yesterday for the 50% off sale.

                  Picked up Sonic Unleashed for the PS3 (cause Lord knows i'm never gonna pay full price for a Sonic game ever again)

                  Not disappointed so far. The opening cinematic blew me away on how gorgeously it's animated and I think Jason Griffith (Sonic's VA) is finally coming into his own with the character. I'm starting to like him better that Ryan Drummond (Sonic's old VA who some fans are still begging SEGA to bring back).
                  PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
                  Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
                  3DS: 3050-7580-4526

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

                    I didn't buy this:

                    BUT I INSTALLED PEGGLE FOR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ON MY ACCOUNT.

                    It is like crack.
                    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!


                    -- robotarmada.net --

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

                      I bought a new HP Entertainment PC laptop. Does that count?
                      "I can stand the sight of worms,
                      and look at microscopic germs,
                      but technicolor pachyderms
                      are really too much for me."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

                        Originally posted by robotpirates View Post
                        I didn't buy this:

                        BUT I INSTALLED PEGGLE FOR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ON MY ACCOUNT.

                        It is like crack.
                        being an avid WoW'r myself, i gotta know what peggle is, enlighten me

                        Originally posted by Wavy Blue View Post
                        I bought a new HP Entertainment PC laptop. Does that count?
                        absolutely! grats on the laptop
                        Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                        -=Is It October Yet?=-


                        Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                        elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                        Originally posted by pratt55
                        Elly is adorkable.







                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

                          Originally posted by elly View Post
                          being an avid WoW'r myself, i gotta know what peggle is, enlighten me
                          PopCap Games - Play Bejeweled and Peggle in WoW!

                          Peggle is a game by PopCap, the people who have brought you Bejeweled, Bookworm, etc. It's one of those games you play and think, "Yeah, this is all right, I guess," then you realize it has been 3 hours since you put it in. )

                          You have a series of pegs and you have a ball. You have to get rid of the orange pegs. It's sort of like pachinko ... but not.

                          The fact that it's in WoW now (like Bejeweled) is the best thing ever. You can do it when you fly.

                          Also, if you're Master Looter you can do loot via Peggle and make people duel to see who can roll. SO GOOD.

                          *twitch*
                          Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!


                          -- robotarmada.net --

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

                            So my video card in my desktop went kaput!

                            got a GeForce 9800GTX as a replacement

                            also bought 2GB RAM sticks for each of our desktops, since we only had 2GB total to begin with.
                            Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                            -=Is It October Yet?=-


                            Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                            elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                            Originally posted by pratt55
                            Elly is adorkable.







                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The "What video game software/hardware did you just buy" thread!

                              I bought Crusis'n, Game Party and Sega Bass Fishing for the Wii two weeks ago.
                              I'm thinking about buying a PlayStation 3, I want more racing games with wifi compatibility, so thats why I'm considering the PS3, plus it doubles as a Blue-Ray player.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X