This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Steampunk Goodness From Disney Epic Mickey

Howdy everyone. I was contacted today by one of the Social Marketing folks for Epic Mickey. Since they contacted us in advance, I offered to allow her to post here to help keep you all up to date on the pending release of this highly anticipated game. So please help me welcome DEMirene to the boards.

I've personally been following this project since I ran across some leaked early concept art over a year and a half ago. I was immeadiately struck by its beautiful, dark, and foreboding steampunk aesthetic.

Here are a couple screen shots of the game in action:

Here's the latest YouTube video of the story development of the game:
    YouTube - Disney Epic Mickey -- Behind the Scenes Video: Storytelling

The game is now available for pre-order

It appears that the game is being released only on the Wii for now. I, for one, would love to see it for XBox and PC as well. And if Disney REALLY wants to earn my love, they'll release it for iPad as well.

November 30th is just around the corner!!!

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: More Steampunk Goodness From Disney Epic Mickey

Hi Everyone!

If you're interested in pre-ordering or purchasing on November 30, you can do so here: Mickey and Friends| Everything Mickey Mouse | Disney. I'm here to send along new information and answer questions, so please ask away! And a big "thank you" goes out to Dusty for the warm welcome.

Thanks!

Comment

Is the model showed in the Sorcerer's workshop based on Disneyland like many of us think it is?
      Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
      July 13th-18th
      November 19th-25th

Comment

Welcome DEMirene! I cannot wait for this game to be released, it will be sooo awesome! Can you tell us specifically will be on the bonus disc in the collector's edition?

Comment

How many attractions from the parks are represented?
          And how involved are they in the game?
          It would be awesome to know that they are there for more than just decoration.
          I know from concept art that Ive seen the Haunted Mansion, Small World, Matterhorn, and Space Ship Earth.
          Thanks!

Comment

Welcome!

This is the first I've heard of the game!!! It looks like fun!
            Can someone explain it to me, i.e. what's it about?? I'd love a chance to abuse my Wii some more
            Last edited by FantasticDuck; 10-08-2010, 01:57 PM. Reason: I can't spell
            With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

I would want Nov. 30th to come faster but that would imply Halloween flying around the corner

BTW, getting the collectors edition
              Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Comment

Hopefully we get to travel to Frontierland. So far, there has not been anything implying that you can go there.

Comment

Is the one picture of Mickey in the snowy mountain the Matterhorn or Everest? I know they have shown only the Matterhorn in the previews but I wanted to know if they are both in Wasteland.

Comment

Are you talking about the 2d travel map "Alpine Climbers"? So far, I haven't actually seen any pictures of gameplay on the Matterhorn, but I'm positive that they won't use Everest. It's practically the same ride, just with a different name, track, and location in the country.

If your talking about "Alpine Climbers", it's not on either one of the rides. The location of the cartoon is in the Alps, and it'll probably be a travel map for the Matterhorn level.

Comment

Hi All!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I enjoyed reading your comments and questions. My responses are below!

@mickeyfan42: I will look into this and come back with more information as soon as possible.

@SeaWolf38: The Collector's Edition will include a DVD with behind the scenes footage and other bonus content. Details for the Collector's Edition can be found at DisneyStore.com.

@006TOE: We can't reveal the exact number of attractions that are featured in the game, but I can tell you that the player will be able go through the attractions and interact within them. Here are gamplays of Mean Street, Haunted Mansion, and Dark Beauty Castle:
                      [url][url]Epic Mickey Video Game, Exclusive Mean Street Gameplay HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
                      [url][url]Epic Mickey Video Game, Exclusive Haunted Mansion Gameplay HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
                      YouTube - Disney Epic Mickey -- Dark Beauty Castle level

@FantasticDuck: Disney Epic Mickey is an action-adventure game for the Wii that sends Mickey Mouse on an epic journey of creativity and discovery. If you are interested in learning more, check out the press release below. Also, visit the Disney Epic Mickey Video Game Facebook page for news and updates!

@CaptainEO,Atis: The photo posted above is of Mickey on Skull Island.

I hope these answers are helpful! I will be back with more information. Feel free to ask me more questions

MEDIA ADVISORY ** MEDIA ADVISORY ** MEDIA ADVISORY**

PAINT AND THINNER EXPECTED TO ALTER THE WORLD WHEN DISNEY EPIC MICKEY
                      LAUNCHES ON NOVEMBER 30, 2010
                      New Gameplay Video Available at Disney.com Showcases Journey through the Forgotten World of Disney Epic Mickey

Disney Epic Mickey will be available on November 30 in North America, November 26 in the United Kingdom and November 25, 2010 in Europe. With its innovative style of gameplay using paint and thinner to dynamically change the game world, Disney Epic Mickeywww.Disney.com.

Disney Epic MickeyDisney Epic Mickey

Disney Epic Mickey

Disney Epic Mickey will be available exclusively for the Wii console.

Please visit www.Disney.com/DisneyEpicMickeyVideogame and www.Facebook.com/DisneyEpicMickey for more information. Art assets for Disney Epic Mickey are available at www.dimgmedianet.com
                      # # #

Comment

This looks amazing!

Is it a combination of parks, or just Disneyland?

Welcome to the boards DEMirene, thanks for sharing!

Comment

I'm excited for Epic Mickey! I'm going to reserve the Collectors Edition at the Gamestop across from my college campus (El Camino) tomorrow!

When we play the game, will we need anything else like the wii nunchuck? or can we play it with just the wiimote?

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                          The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                          Indy Ride Count: 2211
                          World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Hey DEMirene, can you tell us if there will be a Frontierland section in the game? Frontierland is my favorite land in Disneyland I would really like to play through levels from that genre.

Comment

Already have had this on Pre-Order. Looking forward to this plus I'm excited Disney allowed Sony to have character skins for Little Big Planet 2. Also welcome to the boards.
                              DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X