This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sims 4 (2014)

EA today have announced that they will release The Sims 4 for PC and Mac sometime next year.

Not much detail that that, other than things are being "improved" and crucially it will be offline. Sounds like they learnt from the mistakes of SimCity 5.

Stay tuned.
    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Re: The Sims 4 (2014)

Offline? Lucky Sims players. I have yet to buy Sim City 5 because of the glitches and always online stuff. Hopefully EA has finally learned something and will start becoming more consumer friendly.
    sigpic

Comment

I've since heard that it will have both offline and online modes. Best of both worlds I guess.

Although I'm not sure this has been fully confirmed.
      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
      Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by xboxtravis7992 View Post
        Offline? Lucky Sims players. I have yet to buy Sim City 5 because of the glitches and always online stuff. Hopefully EA has finally learned something and will start becoming more consumer friendly.
        Ive been playing Sim City 5 for a while now, all the issues are non-exsistant and game is actually fun in sandbox mode!
        Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala
        ​

Comment

I'm hoping to hear they've fixed the broken routing for the sims within the game - the FIFO system for assigning housing and jobs rather than lifetime (or even - gasp - remotely realistic times spent at a given job or housing situation based on comparative studies in real world economics) is just broken to me. You're not simulating a city when you don't have that kind of pathfinding - you're gaming a system that may well be broken.
          Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

The Sims 3 team are doing a live broadcast 10am PST (aka right now) which may yield some details about TS4. Stay tuned.

The Sims Live Broadcast - June 18 - YouTube!
            sigpic

Walt Disney

Comment

Could be interesting. I wonder what they are going to offer that merits a whole new game set?
              sigpic
              “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
              but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
              ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X