Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How LittleDragonErin gets her Fireworks scores...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How LittleDragonErin gets her Fireworks scores...

Okay so here's all the fun tips I usually give players who are having trouble getting those higher scores. I myself cannot get above 279,970 (YET), but at least this will help you get 240,000 which is the magic number (unless you are on the green car quest).

First off, you need a computer that isn't running slow. If the fireworks fly smoothly, then you're okay. If they are choppy, then you will have problems.

Second, your mouse needs to be good response-wise and the click sensitivity should be just right. You can adjust those settings in your computer's Control Panel.

Now for the actual game...

There are only four different patterns of the fireworks in terms of order in which they appear. Once you play enough, you begin to memorize the order. And even if you don't know the patterns, the order always stays the same. For example, if in one pattern the purple swirl comes out and then the red planet after, another pattern will have maybe the yellow star burst and the green circles. Whichever pattern, the two fireworks will always be three spaces away. So MEMORIZE the order of the fireworks at the bottom of your screen. That way you should never have to look at them. Also memorize the fastest way to get to each one. For example if you have the purple swirl, yellow starburst, pink triple circle, red planet and green circles...and you need to go from purple swirl to green circles, do NOT go through all the other fireworks by using the right arrow. Instead just move one back by using the left arrow. Faster you can move between fireworks, the better. Especially in the Tomorrowland stage, as that is where you have a lot of patterns where fireworks are three or more spaces apart.

When the fireworks come out, follow its path. Don't wait for it to get where it is going then move your mouse there. You will end up too late sometimes. Also do not put your cursor OVER the firework. Instead, leave it to the side or above. That way you can see it. Why? Because before it disappears, there will be a spark or twinkle. And it disappears usually a half second to a second and a half after that depending on the firework. Not counting the final firework you get, the blue star, the red planet disappears the fastest (a half second after the twinkle) and the pink three circle the slowest (almost two full seconds). Learn the timing and you'll be able to get flawless easier.

Sometimes more than one firework comes out at a time. It is better to get good than to miss. It is also better to get good and flawless than good and good or good and awesome. In the beginning, hit one fairly early, then wait to get flawless on the other. Once you have your timing down, try to wait longer and longer until you can get awesome and flawless. With practice, you will learn which you can wait to get awesome with and still hit the other before its too late, and which you have to get as soon as you can. Also, watch where the fireworks are going. Some patterns have them heading in the same place (even three can go to the same spot) and you can wait and get flawless on more than one.

Good peripheral vision I guess helps too. As you need to keep an eye on the next firework coming while still waiting for the previous to get to that flawless point.

Build yourself up. Don't try to hit that high score right away if you are not that good yet. Practice the first rounds as much as you can and experiment with timing. Learn each stage as you go.

Here's a scoring breakdown to help you see if you are on track to get 240,000:

1:1 = About 12,000
    1:2 = Between 26,000-28,000
    1:3 = Between 39,000-46,000
    2:1 = Between 58,000-62,000
    2:2 = Between 70,000-75,000
    2:3 = Between 89,000-96,000
    3:1 = Between 102,000-110,000
    3:2 = Between 119,000-127,000
    3:3 = Between 134,000-145,000
    4:1 = Between 157,000-163,000
    4:2 = Between 177,000-185,000
    4:3 = Between 180,000-208,000

180,000 is the lowest you can end Frontierland at and still reach 240,000. If you are at 205,000 and up and play at the same rate, you will most likely hit 240,000 by the end of 5:2. If you finish 4:3 with better than 208,000, you should be able to reach 280,000. I have gotten over 270,000 starting the 5th level with 205,000. That last level gives you the biggest chances for points if you can hit them right.

And last but not least, HAVE FUN! If you're not having fun, it's not worth the stress. Hope this helps!

Re: How LittleDragonErin gets her Fireworks scores...

WOW! Great tips Dragon! I was really wondering and really proud of you at the same time.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Those are great tips. I know that, to some, it may sound a little complicated, but when you play the game a lot, these tips make a lot of sense and will eventually become second nature.

As I mentioned in another thread, it also helps if the lighting in the room is dimmed. It's a lot easier to see that white star if you're not looking through a lot of reflections on your monitor screen. Many of the fireworks go off in the burst left by the previous firework and that often makes it difficult to see the white star.

Relax and have fun. The best tip of all. I find that when I'm "straining" to get a high score, I often don't play as well as when I'm just having a good time and not worrying about it.

After months of topping out somewhere in the mid 260,000s, I finally hit 274,000 last week. It was during a game when I wasn't really even thinking about trying to score high.
        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
        -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Yes...having fun and playing not only to just get that top score is essential. Each milestone I've hit, has been when I've just been playing for the fun of it and not to get a better score.

As my good friend once told me, "You know what you can do...just stay spontaneous and let if flow."

Know what works and what doesn't and just play the game without constantly looking at that scoreboard. ^_^

Comment

thx for helping my friend got better by doing this

Comment

Wow.. That helped a LOT. I usually can only get like 20,000 but after I read this I got 50,000 Thanks so much LittleDragonErin!
              We're the new face of faliure,
              prettier and younger,
              but not any better off.
              -Fall Out Boy

Comment

thanks sooo much! i could never get past level 1, and like 30,000! But after using your post I got to level 4, and since I've gotten as high as 220,000.....and i was in second place too. i was soooo mad! i knew exactly the ones that could have bumped me up to that 240,000 point, and I still would have been in 2nd....almost magic!!! on well! OT! the point is thanks for the help!!!! :bow::thumbup:

Comment

Thanks a ton, i usually get 230,000 every game. But after reading your tips and scoring rundown.. Well.
                  Oh and i was trying to get magic so i kinda slowed down way after 240.000
                  Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

Comment

Congratulations to all of you who have improved your scores! Fireworks is a fun and challenging game. It's also a great way to pile up credits.
                    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Does anyone else find that they do better when they play fireworks not through pal? I do much better when I use internet exporer window. Kinda makes me wonder how gameplay is with the other games as well.

take that jediMihawk

Comment

Originally posted by halifax_girl
                        Does anyone else find that they do better when they play fireworks not through pal? I do much better when I use internet exporer window. Kinda makes me wonder how gameplay is with the other games as well.
                        It's true that mini-games run better in the browser and not with an external program like VMKPal. The reason is because programs like VMKPal embed IE into it and thus you are basically running two programs. Playing straight out in IE makes it faster because you are using up less of your computer's system resources.

Comment

Thanks for that info, will have to try the other games without pal

take that jediMihawk

Comment

I noticed something today when playing, different scores for flawless, depending on where you hit it at, ie just to the side or right on target.

take that jediMihawk

Comment

Thanks for the fireworks magic tips those should help out alot! I was wondering if you could make a guide like this fireworks one that you just did for the other games like jungle cruise safari and POTC GAME (Ship battle and CTF) Well thanks for all the hardwork you put into this!

-Shannon

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X