what in the world are they thinking with this approve name stuff?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flynnibus
    MiceChatter
    • Jun 2006

what in the world are they thinking with this approve name stuff?

I don't get it.. they don't approve ANY of my handles. The only real common thread is using 'flynn' in the name. they don't approve any of them.. even bland ones like

flynnjones

What the heck is offensive or otherwise against the rules in that??

VMK is interesting.. but the laggy response time (in games that require response time no less...) and the getting kicked off all the time.. and now this.. annoying!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged
  • BigPigletFan
    I was deleted.
    • Dec 2008

Re: what in the world are they thinking with this approve name stuff?

Hmm... maybe it's because they think it might be your real name and they don't want that? That is the only thing I can think of.

Comment

• flynnibus
      MiceChatter
      • Jun 2006

the irony is.. my handle has always been based on TRON.. and of all things its the big thing this month!

I can't seem to get any variation of 'flynn' past them even flynnibus, etc

Am I evil? yes, I am

Comment

• Tom Chaney
        Godwin Glacier, Alaska
        MiceChat Round-Up Crew
        • Feb 2005

Maybe it's too close to "Fin."
        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
        -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

• Momzilla59
          LoisAlene
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
          Hmm... maybe it's because they think it might be your real name and they don't want that? That is the only thing I can think of.
          I don't think that's it, my VMK name Is my real name - just not my last name.

I bet if you called yourself AwesomeAceFlynn or CaptainCutieFlynn or even PrettyPrincessFlynn you'd get approved.

I don't understand how some names get approved. I was playing Pirates the other night and saw somebody titled "SissyQueen" - and it was a guy.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

• Nancywitt
            Faith, Trust & Pixie dust
            • Mar 2006

Too funny Momzilla!

My guess is that Flynn has been taken and you need a different version with Flynn in it. I heard VMK got their millionth (sp?) costumer not too long ago.

Comment

• Phonedave
              Why can't you tune a fish
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Momzilla59 View Post

I bet if you called yourself AwesomeAceFlynn or CaptainCutieFlynn or even PrettyPrincessFlynn you'd get approved.

I don't understand how some names get approved. I was playing Pirates the other night and saw somebody titled "SissyQueen" - and it was a guy.

That happend with me too. I tried to use Phonedave as my character. I have been Phonedave on line for a long long time (I work in telecomm). I guess they though I was looking for people to phone me. Then I went with SuperDave (al la David Letterman) and that was taken. So KingSuperDave was the next choice.

-dave
              "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
              "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

• tinker_bee
                Come on already, POTC3!!!
                • Jul 2006

Super Dave - a la David Letterman? not a la Super Dave Osbourne? LOL

Comment

• figment1986
                  Banned User
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
                  Maybe it's too close to "Fin."
                  I think thats it, Remember then YoYoFlamongo had to chagne his VMK name, most likely because of the Flamingo.. (PinkLawnBird.. lol)

Comment

• Phonedave
                    Why can't you tune a fish
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tinker_bee View Post
                    Super Dave - a la David Letterman? not a la Super Dave Osbourne? LOL

Yep - that would be the one.

-dave
                    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

• BigPigletFan
                      I was deleted.
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                      the irony is.. my handle has always been based on TRON.. and of all things its the big thing this month!

I can't seem to get any variation of 'flynn' past them even flynnibus, etc
                      Maybe that's why? Copywright? I got the same thing when I tried to make a Muppet. :croll:

I know.. but I meant for him since he is trying "flynn" ____. I know you, you can't be a "mom" but you can be a "mummy!" :lol:

Comment

• Lady_Ivory_Rocks
                        Paint the Roses Red
                        • Sep 2006

i still wonder why they won't let us say mom or dad bc mummy is such an easy dance it is staring them in the face..

Comment

• FigmentFruitcake
                          Figment Fan Extradonaire
                          • Sep 2006

Just when I thought Tron was a forgotten treasure and nobody else remembered it, VMK brings it back to life. I certainly can't complain!
                          sigpic

Kongalush! To all you fellow adventurers out there!

Comment

• Lady_Ivory_Rocks
                            Paint the Roses Red
                            • Sep 2006

figment rocks
                            i have a few rare figment pins and a little bit of regular figment pins

Comment

• Tom Chaney
                              Godwin Glacier, Alaska
                              MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                              • Feb 2005

Try "PinkFlynnMingo"
                              "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                              -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

• Nancywitt
                                Faith, Trust & Pixie dust
                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
                                Try "PinkFlynnMingo"

You crack me up TCTC!

Comment

• SuperSoccerGurlie
                                  Brianna <3
                                  • Aug 2006

I had to change my name too. My name WAS BayonneSoccerGurl and then I sign on one day and it is the same screen when I first made my VMK name. I had to change my name. No matter how I spelled "BayonneSoccerGurl" it didn't work. Finally I tried a new name "SuperSoccerGurlie " and it worked and from this day on I have no clue why I had to change it...

Made by me

Comment

• flynnibus
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Jun 2006

are there online ppl you can chat to about these things? IE moderators/assistants/etc?

VMK just seems like more annoyances then its worth some days. The sluggishness and disconnects always end up frustrating me until I give up for the night

Am I evil? yes, I am

Comment

• WDWGirl
                                      Galactic Hero
                                      • Jun 2006

haha - one time I saw:

PrincessQueen

and it was a guy - NOT KIDDING

LOL

Comment

• Momzilla59
                                        LoisAlene
                                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SuperSoccerGurlie View Post
                                        I had to change my name too. My name WAS BayonneSoccerGurl and then I sign on one day and it is the same screen when I first made my VMK name. I had to change my name. No matter how I spelled "BayonneSoccerGurl" it didn't work. Finally I tried a new name "SuperSoccerGurlie " and it worked and from this day on I have no clue why I had to change it...
                                        I'm pretty sure it's because it had a place name in the title. Nobody is allowed to know where you are from. My friend MaidenAmerica had to fight for months to get her title back, arguing that America could be north or south. Bayonne is pretty much...Bayonne.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X