This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler Proposal:

Here is what I propose for the different ways to show the spoilers.
    1. Give a hint to where the answer is.
      EX: Go to a room where you may cast spells: Spell room, Go to a room where you see Lost people: Lost safari Party...
    2. Give a hint by rhyming the answer.
      EX: Rhymes with Pigment: Figment.
    3. Talk about a something this character/item is related to.
      EX: This princess is married to Aladdin: Jasmine. Piglet and Pooh are friends with this tiger stripped character.
    4. Give a hint what attraction/movie/show the character/item/room is from.
      EX: They always get the point in the end on jungle cruise: lost safari party,
    5. If nothing else works, Use the spoiler tags on the answer.

The idea behind this is to give a hint or answer in addition to the hint the game gives. Now this might loose members, but we could mix and match the examples above and if we find the answer to difficult for us, we use a spoiler tag on it rather than rhyme or anything else.

Re: Spoiler Proposal:

I like this idea! It's kind of a two-level thing:

1st: Hints
    2nd: OK... here's the answer.

Though it would be more work, I think a set of hints and the actual answers should be on two threads. It's just too tempting to hit that "Select All" button!
    Last edited by Tom Chaney; 10-07-2006, 01:55 PM.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
      I like this idea! It's kind of a two-level thing:

1st: Hints
      2nd: OK... here's the answer.

Though it would be more work, I think a set of hints and the actual answers should be on two threads. It's just too tempting to hit that "Select All" button!
      I should learn to think before i hit submit... nah

The examples show this:
      What you would type as a hint: what the member would have to figure out

and of course, the real hard answers would be

Spoiler
      this right here, because no one would know but me that 6 times 9 is 42 according to the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy in this day of age.

Remember, this is a proposal, I like getting input from everyone before we decide. we may never even use this and just stick with the spoiler tags... who knows.

Also, i forgot... each one is an idea... you would not use all of them for one answer. one per answer is what I was thinking.

Comment

OK. I better understand what you were trying to say.
        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
        -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

I think that we should stick with what we have now before moving on anytime soon.

Comment

I like the hint before the answer idea. Not sure how feasible it would be to do with say the host quest that are only open for a few hours. Would depend on how quickly you want to have the spoilers put up. (may be a good thing then )

take that jediMihawk

Comment

Well remember this, the hosts dont design the quests themselves, and they do research do do them....

thats why I cam up with these ideas... makes people think, but if the answer is too hard then there is a spoiler for it rather than a hint or rhyme...

really the tron quest would have mostly been spoiler windows anyway.

and this is a discussion for the future, untill we approve, it will remain the current format.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X