Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VMK - Boy, do I suck at Pirates!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VMK - Boy, do I suck at Pirates!

    Oh well, they say practice makes perfect, but of the 3 games, I really sucked at pirates, bigtime. Best so far at the fireworks, but I could be better.

    So I guess in this case, it's not a pirates life for me!:lol:

    Snow




    Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

  • #2
    Me too
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

    Comment


    • #3
      You will get better. practice against the computers to get the hang of it. I have found it is more difficult palying against other people who don't know how to play, but once I got the hang of it I kicked butt all the way through level 3..

      Comment


      • #4
        how do you compete against the computers? i suck at fireworks and pirates.
        Sig by Poisonedapples!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fantasmico!
          how do you compete against the computers? i suck at fireworks and pirates.
          just start a game and before anyone joins hit play. The one bad thing is your computer team will not help unless the other team gets close to it, but thats what helped me get better.

          Comment


          • #6
            I've only played the fireworks game once and I don't even know how I did it. When I try now, I can't seem to "enter/play" the game.

            Any advice?
            Cliff
            WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09




            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by snowflake
              Oh well, they say practice makes perfect, but of the 3 games, I really sucked at pirates, bigtime. Best so far at the fireworks, but I could be better.

              So I guess in this case, it's not a pirates life for me!:lol:

              Snow
              Ditto. Not so bad at fireworks, but PotC, sheesh.












              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DisneyParkFan
                I've only played the fireworks game once and I don't even know how I did it. When I try now, I can't seem to "enter/play" the game.

                Any advice?
                Well, it seemed a bit funky for me, as well. All I know is, enter the game, tell it you want to play and then it will either wait for additional players or will load. It too a little bit for the game to load and I was off.

                Snow




                Cost of AP= $239
                Trips to DL= 001
                Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SCUBAbe
                  You will get better. practice against the computers to get the hang of it. I have found it is more difficult palying against other people who don't know how to play, but once I got the hang of it I kicked butt all the way through level 3..
                  Thanks SCUBAbe, I will persevere then! I'm all for kicking butt, now if they would fix whatever is buggy, because now I cannot save pics and cannot find that damned final hidden mickey! I've been wasting oodles of cash on film!
                  I may have to break down and hit the spoiler thread! :lol:

                  Snow




                  Cost of AP= $239
                  Trips to DL= 001
                  Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by snowflake
                    Thanks SCUBAbe, I will persevere then! I'm all for kicking butt, now if they would fix whatever is buggy, because now I cannot save pics and cannot find that damned final hidden mickey! I've been wasting oodles of cash on film!
                    I may have to break down and hit the spoiler thread! :lol:

                    Snow
                    yeah, I'm at a stand still with the hidden mickeys, I have found all 50 and even checked on the list. I have them all. It won't give me credit for them. I deleted them all 3 times and re-took them...still no credit. I have all 50, but VMK central says I only have 47 ...I asked a CM about it and they said it was a glitch...so i don't know what to do know... :botox:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by snowflake
                      Thanks SCUBAbe, I will persevere then! I'm all for kicking butt, now if they would fix whatever is buggy, because now I cannot save pics and cannot find that damned final hidden mickey! I've been wasting oodles of cash on film!
                      I may have to break down and hit the spoiler thread! :lol:

                      Snow
                      I haven't played in a week or so, but last time I played this worked. If you only want to use your camera to take Hidden Mickeys, take a shot of somewhere in the screen. If there is no hidden mickey don't hit accept hit cancel, voila no film used

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Schda
                        I haven't played in a week or so, but last time I played this worked. If you only want to use your camera to take Hidden Mickeys, take a shot of somewhere in the screen. If there is no hidden mickey don't hit accept hit cancel, voila no film used
                        I do not have the option to cancel photos, I did a few days ago, but not now. Only get error codes. Very frustrating!

                        Snow




                        Cost of AP= $239
                        Trips to DL= 001
                        Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sorry snowflake the other day I must of sank you a half dozen times, next time I see you there I will try to help you out. BTY I just won my 30th game. (oh it is so nice to be able to type numbers again ) actualy If I see anyone form here I'll try to help them win, just ask me to join your team and I usualy will.
                          themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
                          Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As to pirates...

                            You'll get better. I was horrible when I started, but enjoyed the game - now I'm up around 70 wins. The best advice I can give ANY new player is DO NOT CLOSE IN ON THE COMPUTER SHIPS. You will die. Even with skill, close combat is very tricky - the computer ships are much more manueverable than you are, and they can do minute angle adjustments to ensure all three shots hit you - you are not able to do the same. Until you're confident, hang back and take long shots. It'll give you a feel for the spread of shot, as well as build some confidence.

                            As to fireworks... the game's been weird ever since they added the ten player minimum. I've had several times that the game would kick me back to the Gallery if I clicked *anywhere* on the screen after I clicked "Play".
                            Boggard LIEEEEF!

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X