Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know why.....

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does anyone know why.....

    when my friend and i asked about 5 CLs to help with the trade 4 of them said they couldn't? (the 5th had a trade lag)




    Advatar made by SlitSilver!!!

  • #2
    Re: Does anyone know why.....

    ?
    Does expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected? Oh, my VMK name is
    TipperOfCows and I am a VMK addict!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Does anyone know why.....

      trade lag? I think Ive had trade lag/freeze before. It usually happens to me when doing HUGE trades. Im not sure of the question though. But, I hope I was of some help!


      Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Does anyone know why.....

        the q is why did the CLs say they couldn't help with the trade, and yes u were some help ty




        Advatar made by SlitSilver!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Does anyone know why.....

          Community Leaders are regular players like you and I, they play games and have friends. So they could have been busy with something else at the time. Yes Community Leaders are there to help if they can, but they won't you ask them to if they are busy elsewhere. Try not to take any offense from it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Does anyone know why.....

            ok ty for the help.




            Advatar made by SlitSilver!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Does anyone know why.....

              Originally posted by goofgeek View Post
              Community Leaders are regular players like you and I, they play games and have friends. So they could have been busy with something else at the time. Yes Community Leaders are there to help if they can, but they won't you ask them to if they are busy elsewhere. Try not to take any offense from it.

              I tend to feel differently.

              If you decided to become a community leader, you decided to do just that. Lead the community.

              Now, if there are busy with other CL type things - helping a host, helping another player, etc. then by all means they should finish that. But if they don't want to help because they want to get in another pirates game with their friends, then they do not deserve to be a community leader.

              You may not agree with me, but thats how I feel. It how I view it when you decide to take on a volunteer role. And no, I am not a CL, but I am an officer in a fraternial organization I belong to, and before deciding to run for office, I made sure that I would be able to handle the committment I was about to undertake. If I though I would not be able to make every meeting, every event, every "last moment" function, and write for each newsletter, then I would have never ran.

              I am not a CL in VMK, but as my kids become more and more involved in it (If they could just stick with one character) I toy with the idea (if it ever opens back up of course) and I would be the same sort of CL as I just described.

              -dave
              "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
              "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Does anyone know why.....

                I agree with Dave. It always shocks me when I can't help with a trade and ask another CL to help and they respond with a no...not because they are busy but because they don't want to. -_-' Great examples for hte community they are.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Does anyone know why.....

                  We were going to ask you Dragon, but 1 you were in a trade and my friend had to go, and 2 you weren't on when we were ready lOL. I totally agree with you Dave. If i had a chance to become a leader then i would deffinetely apply but i have been ban twice for telling someone the my friends' games room(i was the co-host) to not play with the scoreboards.




                  Advatar made by SlitSilver!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Does anyone know why.....

                    Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
                    If you decided to become a community leader, you decided to do just that. Lead the community.

                    Now, if there are busy with other CL type things - helping a host, helping another player, etc. then by all means they should finish that. But if they don't want to help because they want to get in another pirates game with their friends, then they do not deserve to be a community leader.
                    -dave
                    I agree as I find it odd that people apply and apply to be leaders.. and when they finally become a leader they are suddenly to busy to helpanyone. I tihnk the leaders shoudl be able to have fun, but i also think they shoudl be there to help instead of playing pirates while a player pleads for someone to help

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Does anyone know why.....

                      Well, alot of people don't even want to be a CL to help people, and just want it for the little CL_ in front of their names.
                      formally known as:
                      SkateboardP

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Does anyone know why.....

                        Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
                        I tend to feel differently.

                        If you decided to become a community leader, you decided to do just that. Lead the community.

                        Now, if there are busy with other CL type things - helping a host, helping another player, etc. then by all means they should finish that. But if they don't want to help because they want to get in another pirates game with their friends, then they do not deserve to be a community leader.

                        You may not agree with me, but thats how I feel. It how I view it when you decide to take on a volunteer role. And no, I am not a CL, but I am an officer in a fraternial organization I belong to, and before deciding to run for office, I made sure that I would be able to handle the committment I was about to undertake. If I though I would not be able to make every meeting, every event, every "last moment" function, and write for each newsletter, then I would have never ran.

                        I am not a CL in VMK, but as my kids become more and more involved in it (If they could just stick with one character) I toy with the idea (if it ever opens back up of course) and I would be the same sort of CL as I just described.

                        -dave

                        Especially if there are people who would be great at it like Dave.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Does anyone know why.....

                          Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                          Especially if there are people who would be great at it like Dave.
                          ......And Summer!


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Does anyone know why.....

                            Originally posted by dance_is_life View Post
                            ......And Summer!
                            Thanks. :blush:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Does anyone know why.....

                              Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                              Especially if there are people who would be great at it like Dave.

                              Aww shucks. - right back at 'cha too


                              -dave
                              "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                              "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X