This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoLimits Roller Coaster Simulator

I am an avid player/user of this game/program (because it's more than just a game. you need serious patience to get it right and can do some awesome scenery and the sort), and was wondering if there was anyone else on MC that also plays this game. If so, I'm all for some track swapping, consultations, and just general discussions on this most excellent program.

Re: NoLimits Roller Coaster Simulator

You mean to tell me I'm the only one?

Well then, check it out at http://www.nolimitscoaster.com

Comment

Not the only one ... I'm sure there are more. I've had the game since it came out and love it.

Comment

Ah!!! Welcome, weary traveller. Is there anything I can do to accomadate you? A nice loop, perhaps? Or maybe a zero g roll?

You have any tracks you'd like to swap, etc.?

Comment

Definitely just bought it!

myspace.com/xrybox

Next trip to Disneyland - August 17, 2007

Comment

Ok, I'm sort of having a problem figuring out the track editor, so if I can get any help, that would be great.

Comment

^ Just do a google search for no limits tutorials. There are ALOT of good ones out there.

Comment

The track editor is def. difficult to use at first, but give it time... you will get better at it. Just don't be afraid to try something, anything, and see what it does. Tutorials def. help, but there's also nothing like testing out the waters yourself and just diving into it.

I just bought a Mac two weeks ago, and, of course, bought the mac version. However, besides obvious keyboard/shortcut differnces, the editor works completely different, so in a sense, I'm having to re-learn it. But the game still is the best out there- if you can have the patience to work with it.

Just hang in there, you'll do fine.

Comment

No Limits is awesome. I get very little time to play with the track editor, perhaps later this fall. I am always on the lookout for tracks.

One issue I have is with the older track packaging program. It is not supported on the newer version or the file format changed or something. The Mac version just does not handle the track packager. Therefore, I have been scouring places looking for tracks. Try coastersims.com there's lots of good stuff there.

Comment

I bought it when it first came out (hell, I was playing the demos when they first came out as well) and have made tons of unfinished coasters (The finished ones are on another site) but I've made it a mission to go back and finish as many as I can (which is kinda difficult considering how much I've advanced as well as the game)
                    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                    You set the bar I could not live up to
                    Tonight the light is breaking through
                    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                    Zebrahead

Comment

One of mine is in the original official track pack, and is horribly bumpy by today's externally-heartlined standards. :blush:

I think I'd be into it still if all the new tools were better integrated. It's such a pain to pull one section of track into a heartline program, adjust for the weird formula issues, and keep opening and saving between programs over and over. Maybe there's a better way now, though at least the simpler anti-pumping/smoothing stuff got put into the editor.

Comment

Really? Which one is it?

I'd like to see the pumping problem "fixed" in v2. But, yes- at least we have ctrl-g (or "cmd-g" for me).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X