This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok i know this is random but....

Does anyone know what the saying: Made of sugar and afraid that they would melt. means?

Advatar made by SlitSilver!!!

Re: Ok i know this is random but....

you know i've never heard this before. What was it used in reference to?

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

Comment

It must be a Kentucky espression because i've heard my parents say it. It means someones acting preppy or something, high and mighty maybe.

Comment

Sounds like an expression describing a person who is afraid of something that is silly to be scared of. 0_o

I don't really know though.

Comment

Originally posted by _blackbeltsrule123 View Post
          Does anyone know what the saying: Made of sugar and afraid that they would melt. means?
          I have actually heard this used before in the following context:

Its raining outside and the person says "I don't know if I want to go outside because I might melt" meaning because they are so sweet they are made of sugar and might melt Something like that. Hope that kinda explains it.
          --Just_Jim

Comment

haha my grandparents used to tell me this when i was little and afraid to go outside and get wet when it was raining )
            not sure if thats what it really is though
            formally known as:
            SkateboardP

Comment

Originally posted by JimbobJimbo View Post

Its raining outside and the person says "I don't know if I want to go outside because I might melt" meaning because they are so sweet they are made of sugar and might melt Something like that. Hope that kinda explains it.
              Originally posted by whitapino View Post
              haha my grandparents used to tell me this when i was little and afraid to go outside and get wet when it was raining )
              Yeah, I have always heard it in connection to getting wet when it rains as well...
              Originally posted by larasound
              am I the burrito man?

Comment

I've heard it as "sugar wouldn't melt in their mouth" lol not sure if it means you are to sweet or to sour

take that jediMihawk

Comment

Originally posted by ineedafriend View Post
                  Sounds like an expression describing a person who is afraid of something that is silly to be scared of. 0_o

I don't really know though.
                  Originally posted by JimbobJimbo View Post

you guys are all right. lOL i had to fugure it out for hw, and then my friend found it on Yahoo Answers for us lOL. But thanks for all the comments!

Originally posted by whitapino View Post

Comment

you guys are all right. lOL i had to fugure it out for hw, and then my friend found it on Yahoo Answers for us lOL. But thanks for all the comments!
                    Did you get this expression from a book? or a short story? Where this family goes to a carnival with their new neighbors. The neighbors have never seen cotton candy before and eat like loads of it. then it looks like it's going to rain so they tell the family they want to go back. then they dart for their house and as soon as they step out of the car, it starts to rain and they melt. lol weird story, but just wondering if this is what it was from. (I know this isn't where the expression originated but if she had simply seen it there)

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKINGEMAN View Post
                      Did you get this expression from a book? or a short story? Where this family goes to a carnival with their new neighbors. The neighbors have never seen cotton candy before and eat like loads of it. then it looks like it's going to rain so they tell the family they want to go back. then they dart for their house and as soon as they step out of the car, it starts to rain and they melt. lol weird story, but just wondering if this is what it was from. (I know this isn't where the expression originated but if she had simply seen it there)
                      Yea thats the story we read and then our teacher wanted us to find out what the saying meant lOL i thi=ought it had a REALLY REALLY bad ending lOL

Comment

Yea thats the story we read and then our teacher wanted us to find out what the saying meant lOL i thi=ought it had a REALLY REALLY bad ending lOL
                        lol sweet. I thought I was right. I just didn't want to be wrong and look like a made up some stupid story about aliens melting :P lol. score 1 for rock.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X