Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

    The very first Kingdom Hearts trading pin was sold at the Sci-Fi Academy event that took place in summer of 2011.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	400002962595.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	7370909

    Sci-Fi Academy - Kingdom Hearts - Mickey, Donald, and Goofy

    Unfortunately, only 500 of these were ever made so good luck finding one for yourself.

    Second KH pin ever released is an Organization XIII Mickey.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	400006419941.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	7370908

    Kingdom Hearts - Mickey Mouse

    This one came out in summer of 2012 and it's an open edition pin. However it's been appearing on and off in pin stores around the park so if you come across it, snatch it up quick.

    Any chance of a Keyblade collection? Only time will tell.
    Last edited by TiggerHappy; 12-05-2012, 09:16 PM. Reason: clarification



  • #2
    Re: Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

    Unfortunately, your information is not 100% accurate.

    There was a brooch style pin that was sold in Japan.

    Pin Pics: View Pin 69321

    In the United States, the first Kingdom Hearts pins were sold at Hot Topic in 2009.

    Pin Pics: View Pin 74533

    Pin Pics: View Pin 74534

    Pin Pics: View Pin 74535

    Pin Pics: View Pin 74540

    There has also been a couple lanyards. One was sold at Hot Topic.

    Pin Pics: View Pin 79210

    The other at various locations.

    Pin Pics: View Pin 89518

    However, the 2 pins you mention were the first to be sold in the parks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

      Love those pins!
      For the love of Disney....:yea:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

        Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
        Unfortunately, your information is not 100% accurate.
        This thread is more for Kingdom Hearts trading pins and the ones I posted have the Kingdom Hearts stamp on the back. Those pins you showed aren't trading pins.


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

          Originally posted by TiggerHappy View Post
          This thread is more for Kingdom Hearts trading pins and the ones I posted have the Kingdom Hearts stamp on the back. Those pins you showed aren't trading pins.
          Hmm. They are on pinpics. People have them for trade and others want them. They are tradable. They have the Disney logo on the back. They are Disney trading pins. The only difference is where they were sold. If you think the pin from the Sci-fi event is hard to get, try getting the ones from Hot Topic.

          The point is that if you want to have a thead about Kingdom Hearts pins, you shouldn't skip out on the majority of the collection.

          Ultimately you may not agree with my point of view, but for those that are interested they now have the information and can seek out those Kingdom Hearts pins I added.
          Last edited by Melonballer; 12-06-2012, 09:23 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

            Originally posted by TiggerHappy View Post
            This thread is more for Kingdom Hearts trading pins and the ones I posted have the Kingdom Hearts stamp on the back. Those pins you showed aren't trading pins.
            Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
            Hmm. They are on pinpics. People have them for trade and others want them. They are tradable. They have the Disney logo on the back. They are Disney trading pins. The only difference is where they were sold. If you think the pin from the Sci-fi event is hard to get, try getting the ones from Hot Topic.

            The point is that if you want to have a thead about Kingdom Hearts pins, you shouldn't skip out on the majority of the collection.

            Ultimately you may not agree with my point of view, but for those that are interested they now have the information and can seek out those Kingdom Hearts pins I added.
            Like Melonballer said..they are absolutely for trade. I think it was efficient for him to post the links to the other KH pins. There are quite a few.



            Originally posted by TiggerHappy View Post
            Any chance of a Keyblade collection? Only time will tell.
            Pin Pics: View Pin 74534

            Not a collection, per say, but it is a Keyblade pin.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

              Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
              Hmm. They are on pinpics. People have them for trade and others want them. They are tradable. They have the Disney logo on the back. They are Disney trading pins. The only difference is where they were sold. If you think the pin from the Sci-fi event is hard to get, try getting the ones from Hot Topic.

              The point is that if you want to have a thead about Kingdom Hearts pins, you shouldn't skip out on the majority of the collection.

              Ultimately you may not agree with my point of view, but for those that are interested they now have the information and can seek out those Kingdom Hearts pins I added.
              Pinpics.com also documents pins that were not authorized by Disney as well as fakes. Not saying all the ones on the site are, but there are quite a few.

              I'm not a big fan of Hot Topic as I've ended up with bootlegs when buying non-goth merchandise from them.

              If this was a thread about any and all Kingdom Hearts pins, then I would've titled it as such. But I made the thread specifically for official Disney pins of the Kingdom Hearts franchise (as in pins sold on Disney Pin Trading backings). I am well aware there are pin traders who are willing to trade unofficial pins, but this thread is for those like me who are a little more picky about what goes into our collections.


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

                But the Kingdom Hearts pins from Hot Topic are OFFICIAL pins. They have the Disney Copyright on the back. They are not fakes or scrappers. They are OFFICIAL pins. Just because they were not sold in the parks does not make them unofficial. There have been many official Disney pins that were sold outside of the parks, like from DisneyStore.com and Disney Auctions.

                If an item is sold outside of the parks, is it unofficial? Say for example a Disney shirt sold at Target. Or maybe a Cars toy sold at Toys R Us. Nope. They are official since to make the product it had to be licensed by Disney.

                Originally posted by TiggerHappy View Post
                If this was a thread about any and all Kingdom Hearts pins, then I would've titled it as such. But I made the thread specifically for official Disney pins of the Kingdom Hearts franchise (as in pins sold on Disney Pin Trading backings). I am well aware there are pin traders who are willing to trade unofficial pins, but this thread is for those like me who are a little more picky about what goes into our collections.
                You titled the thread "Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins". Not "Kingdom Hearts pins that I like" or "Kingdom Hearts pins that have been sold in Disney theme parks". Since these Kingdom Hearts pins carry the Disney copyright, they are official Disney pins.

                Oh, one other thing. You say that Pinpics.com documents unauthorized pins and this is correct. However, you will also notice that unauthorized pins are not allowed to be traded on pinpics. Here is an example.

                http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/p....1355140529.v2

                However, if you click the links I provided you will see that pinpics does allow the Kingdom Hearts pins to be traded.
                Last edited by Melonballer; 12-10-2012, 03:16 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

                  Originally posted by TiggerHappy View Post
                  Pinpics.com also documents pins that were not authorized by Disney as well as fakes. Not saying all the ones on the site are, but there are quite a few.

                  I'm not a big fan of Hot Topic as I've ended up with bootlegs when buying non-goth merchandise from them.

                  If this was a thread about any and all Kingdom Hearts pins, then I would've titled it as such. But I made the thread specifically for official Disney pins of the Kingdom Hearts franchise (as in pins sold on Disney Pin Trading backings). I am well aware there are pin traders who are willing to trade unofficial pins, but this thread is for those like me who are a little more picky about what goes into our collections.
                  So you are saying that anything produced under license granted by Disney is not official. Also UK Disney Store pins did not have the official pin trading logo on them until the relaunch in 2009 so by your theory they are not official also. Mmm not sure your theory works does it?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

                    Originally posted by TiggerHappy View Post
                    If this was a thread about any and all Kingdom Hearts pins, then I would've titled it as such. But I made the thread specifically for official Disney pins of the Kingdom Hearts franchise (as in pins sold on Disney Pin Trading backings).
                    Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                    You titled the thread "Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins". Not "Kingdom Hearts pins that I like" or "Kingdom Hearts pins that have been sold in Disney theme parks". Since these Kingdom Hearts pins carry the Disney copyright, they are official Disney pins.
                    Right, on what Melonballer said...The links that he posted from pin pics.com are official Disney pins and have the Disney stamps. And the thread is Kingdom Heart Disney Pins. All the links Melonballer posted where KH Disney Pins.

                    Not really understanding your logic.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

                      Allright, allright, no need to get all upset. I just wanted to keep things simple by making a small thread for Kingdom Hearts pins sold with the Pin Trader backing. If you insist that I include the ones without the Pin Trader backing, then by all means. (You've already posted them, not like I can do anything about it.) It's just that pin traders have run into problems with other pin traders because of this problem of determining the difference between a Disney Pin Trader pin and a regular Disney pin. I just wanted to help save time by listing what's definitely pin trade safe and what's subjective to particular pin traders.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

                        I have 4 of the sci-fi pin. x:

                        I didn't even know the hot topic ones existed. Kinda weird to think that they would release official pins in non-Disney stores. Guess I've gotta keep an eye out now. Dx

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Kingdom Hearts Disney Pins

                          The black coat pin looks pretty cool. Wonder how often the park gets a supply.

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X