Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic TV - full seasons online for free

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Classic TV - full seasons online for free

    CBS has carried through and put many of their classic TV shows online for free. The full seasons are all available.

    Video - TV Classics on CBS

    Series include

    Beauty and the Beast
    Beverly Hills 90210
    Dynasty
    Family Ties
    Have Gun - Will Travel
    Hawaii Five-0
    The Love Boat
    MacGyver
    Melrose Place
    Perry Mason
    Star Trek: The Original Series
    The Twilight Zone
    Twin Peaks

    So get your MacGyver on!

  • #2
    Re: Classic TV - full seasons online for free

    Thanks for the tip!

    Interesting in that the majority of these shows were originally shown on networks other than CBS.

    (When I first saw this thread, I envisioned shows like I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, MTM, All In The Family, and even maybe Northern Exposure, among others - in other words, shows that originally aired on CBS.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Classic TV - full seasons online for free

      Thanks for the notification. There are a few on there I would like to see!
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Classic TV - full seasons online for free

        yeah, I was envisioning Dick van Dyke and Lucy too. Shucks. I'd love to see those.



        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Classic TV - full seasons online for free

          Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
          When I first saw this thread, I envisioned shows like I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, MTM, All In The Family, and even maybe Northern Exposure, among others - in other words, shows that originally aired on CBS.
          During those times a network could not own it's programing, so all of it's shows were were supplied by outside studios. Only in the last ten years or so could studios own networks (or networks own Studios).

          CBS is owned by Viacom, so it's library consists of many Paramount, titles (plus what ever else they have acquired though mergers and acquisitions over the last ten years)

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Classic TV - full seasons online for free

            Originally posted by sailerm View Post

            CBS is owned by Viacom, so it's library consists of many Paramount, titles (plus what ever else they have acquired though mergers and acquisitions over the last ten years)
            Thanks, sailerm. I figured it was something like that.
            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Classic TV - full seasons online for free

              I just don't think of 90210 and Melrose Place as being "classic" TV!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Classic TV - full seasons online for free

                "classic TV" is marketing talk for OLD.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Classic TV - full seasons online for free

                  Originally posted by sailerm View Post
                  "classic TV" is marketing talk for OLD.
                  And instead of reruns, sometimes they are now called "encore performances"....
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Classic TV - full seasons online for free

                    Awww, Northern Exposure. LOVED that show.

                    And of course, I may be one of the few, but I LOVED Twin Peaks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Classic TV - full seasons online for free

                      Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                      Thanks for the tip!

                      Interesting in that the majority of these shows were originally shown on networks other than CBS.

                      (When I first saw this thread, I envisioned shows like I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, MTM, All In The Family, and even maybe Northern Exposure, among others - in other words, shows that originally aired on CBS.
                      Sorry, those are still too valuable to show for free on the internets.
                      They might also not be owned by CBS.

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X