This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic TV - full seasons online for free

CBS has carried through and put many of their classic TV shows online for free. The full seasons are all available.

Video - TV Classics on CBS

Series include

Beauty and the Beast
    Beverly Hills 90210
    Dynasty
    Family Ties
    Have Gun - Will Travel
    Hawaii Five-0
    The Love Boat
    MacGyver
    Melrose Place
    Perry Mason
    Star Trek: The Original Series
    The Twilight Zone
    Twin Peaks

So get your MacGyver on!

Re: Classic TV - full seasons online for free

Thanks for the tip!

Interesting in that the majority of these shows were originally shown on networks other than CBS.

(When I first saw this thread, I envisioned shows like I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, MTM, All In The Family, and even maybe Northern Exposure, among others - in other words, shows that originally aired on CBS.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Thanks for the notification. There are a few on there I would like to see!
      sigpic

Comment

yeah, I was envisioning Dick van Dyke and Lucy too. Shucks. I'd love to see those.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
          When I first saw this thread, I envisioned shows like I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, MTM, All In The Family, and even maybe Northern Exposure, among others - in other words, shows that originally aired on CBS.
          During those times a network could not own it's programing, so all of it's shows were were supplied by outside studios. Only in the last ten years or so could studios own networks (or networks own Studios).

CBS is owned by Viacom, so it's library consists of many Paramount, titles (plus what ever else they have acquired though mergers and acquisitions over the last ten years)

Comment

Originally posted by sailerm View Post

CBS is owned by Viacom, so it's library consists of many Paramount, titles (plus what ever else they have acquired though mergers and acquisitions over the last ten years)
            Thanks, sailerm. I figured it was something like that.
            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I just don't think of 90210 and Melrose Place as being "classic" TV!

Comment

"classic TV" is marketing talk for OLD.

Comment

Originally posted by sailerm View Post
                  "classic TV" is marketing talk for OLD.
                  And instead of reruns, sometimes they are now called "encore performances"....

Comment

Awww, Northern Exposure. LOVED that show.

And of course, I may be one of the few, but I LOVED Twin Peaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                      Thanks for the tip!

Interesting in that the majority of these shows were originally shown on networks other than CBS.

(When I first saw this thread, I envisioned shows like I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, MTM, All In The Family, and even maybe Northern Exposure, among others - in other words, shows that originally aired on CBS.
                      Sorry, those are still too valuable to show for free on the internets.
                      They might also not be owned by CBS.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X