This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Chef Masters

Top Chef Masters premiered on Wednesday night. The format is very similar to the Top Chef series with a few twists. First, all the contestants are established chefs. They are competing for a charity of their choice. On the first episode, there was a Quick Fire Challenge and the "Elimination" Challenges. After both challenges, the one chef with the most stars from both challenges wins the round, some money for their charity, and a spot in the final round.

I loved the first episode. The chefs looked like they were having a lot of fun with it. For the most part, they knew what they were doing barring a few mistakes. During the Quick Fire challenge, the red headed girl scout was hilarious. I <3333 her! I was also really happy with the winner of this round. He definitely did a fantastic job during both challenges.

I can't wait for the next episode. Anyone else watching? What did you think of the first episode?

Re: Top Chef Masters

It was all right. I don't like the hostess. It all seemed REALLY rushed and hurried.

I did like how all the chefs were fun and laughed and played around with each other.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad Chef Hubert Keller won that one. Next week should be a killer!
      Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

While it won't change how good Top Chef is, I think it's a nice way to whet out appetite before Top Chef returns in its full form. I do like how the chefs at least this week didn't fight or complain. They were genuinely having a good time and not necessarily competing per se.

I do dislike the hosts though. I was very disappointed that Tom and Padma weren't there.
        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Last night's episode was pretty good! I'm sad Chef Dufresne didn't win, though.

Comment

Its not as good as actual top chef but it will hold me over until that comes back!

Comment

I liked all of the chefs on this episode. However, I was more than happy with the winner of this round. I thought she was really creative on the Quick Fire Challenge, and she really gave a lot of thought to the island part on the next challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
                I'm glad Chef Hubert Keller won that one. Next week should be a killer!
                you bet! I will definitely be watching.

Comment

Originally posted by honoraryhatter View Post
                  I liked all of the chefs on this episode. However, I was more than happy with the winner of this round. I thought she was really creative on the Quick Fire Challenge, and she really gave a lot of thought to the island part on the next challenge.
                  Agreed! Chef Dufresne tried to do too much in the Quickfire, and it backfired on him. If he'd done better and not over-reduced the sauce he might have beat Chef Tracht.

Comment

Originally posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
                    Agreed! Chef Dufresne tried to do too much in the Quickfire, and it backfired on him. If he'd done better and not over-reduced the sauce he might have beat Chef Tracht.
                    Got to admit though, that was a fantastic comeback he had in the elimination challenge!
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

The chef that won this week (forget her name) had absolutely NO personality. She may have been the best chef that day, but she wasn't good for TV.

Comment

^ True that! In fact, I can't even remember any of their names. I thought it was a little more obvious that she was going to win because they played up the fact that both dudes wanted to win against the other.

Comment

Like the show, The host has got to go. I miss me some Padma

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X