• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sir clinksalot
    MiceChatter
    • Feb 2005

24 - Day Eight

Anybody catch the 2-night premiere of 24 yet?

I have them recorded and will get caught up this week. From what I hear it was a pretty good start.

• BC_DisneyGeek
    Seasick
    • Oct 2007

Re: 24 - Day Eight

Haven't yet, but I'm optimistic since season 7 was a return to form, which had me on the edge of my seat, despite the presence of every 24 cliche we've come to know and love (or not love).

For the first two seasons I waited for the DVD, and did the same for season 7 after season 6 completely lost my interest. I might do that again and watch it all over a shorter time frame. I get more invested in it that way.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

• MickeyMousePal
      Animation Domination
      • Apr 2008

I watched both two hour nights on Sunday and yesterday. I don't want to spoil the show so I won't say anything. It was a very impressing start I give you that.
      "You are watching FOX"

Comment

• sir clinksalot
        MiceChatter
        • Feb 2005

Just finished the first 2 hours and so far I'm impressed. The new CTU looks nice.

Comment

• caesarboxfan
          or CBF
          • Oct 2006

Very nice so far. Can't wait to see how the day unfolds.
          MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
          (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

• mycroft16
            I'm not really here
            • Aug 2006

Caught all 4 hours... was impressive. CTU looks good! Like the new parts they've added. Liking the storyline so far as well. Very current events.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• Polar_Bear
              Ice melts fast in AZ
              • Jan 2007

I haven't watched 24 since season (day) 3. I decided to tune in for this one being that it's set in my old home town. I gotta say, so far, I'm hooked.
              I am ashamed of what I've done for a Klondike Bar.

Comment

• disneyDragon923
                MiceChatter
                • Sep 2009

Dang, beaten too starting this thread.... Ohh well, at least someone started it. I watched both days and am really loving it. Not going to give spoilers away just in case if someone hasn't seen it but I like the new CTU. Freddie Prince Jr really fits into this show as does Mykelti Williamson a.k.a. the new CTU director a.k.a. Bubba from Forest Gump. And i'm glad to see some of the characters from last season returned to this season. I've seen all the seasons and own almost all of them on DVD and I can say by far this is going to be the best season yet.
                Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                  MiceChatter
                  • Feb 2005

Finished watching both nights, and yeah, it's looking REALLY good. Has all of the normal 24 cliches' but I guess that's what you come to expect.

And after 8 days (seasons) Chloe still hasn't learned how to act.

Comment

• Polar_Bear
                    Ice melts fast in AZ
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                    And after 8 days (seasons) Chloe still hasn't learned how to act.
                    True, but how many techno-geek computer nerds do you know that aren't socially inept?
                    I am ashamed of what I've done for a Klondike Bar.

Comment

• 3IAlienKid
                      secure all cargo
                      • Jul 2005

[PSEUDO-SPOILER]
                      Wow, what's up with Walker?! She's continuing the slide she began last season. I can't recall seeing Jack so befuddled like he was at the end of that episode.
                      Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

• timbabbcomedian
                        Kingdom Comedian
                        • Jun 2008

I have to say I deleted it of my DVR 15 minutes into Tuesday's show. That sub plot with the blonde gal at CTU with a "mysterious" past...oy!

How did she hide her past from the government well enough to get a job in COUNTER TERRORISIM, but jimmy-bob hickenstien is able to track her down? I'm done. Maybe I'll check in on day 9.

Comment

• caesarboxfan
                          or CBF
                          • Oct 2006

Although I agree with you Tim, I'm willing to tolerate Katee Sackhoff's plotline to see how the big picture plays out.

Comment

• 3IAlienKid
                            secure all cargo
                            • Jul 2005

When Jack and Freddie take down the Russians at the end of the episode this week -- that is 24!
                            posted by Timbabbcomedian
                            That sub plot with the blonde gal at CTU with a "mysterious" past...oy!
                            Agreed. It's a little worse than the other domestic violence subplot of Kim Bauer Nanny vs. Crazy Dad from season 2.

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                              MiceChatter
                              • Feb 2005

First off, some bad news for us 24 fans

After eight years, the clock will finally run out for Fox's ' - Columns - Appeal-Democrat

But, it's probably time for it to go.

That said, I thought this weeks episode was GREAT. And the preview for next weeks episode looks AMAZING!!!

Comment

• MickeyMousePal
                                Animation Domination
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                                First off, some bad news for us 24 fans

After eight years, the clock will finally run out for Fox's ' - Columns - Appeal-Democrat

But, it's probably time for it to go.

That said, I thought this weeks episode was GREAT. And the preview for next weeks episode looks AMAZING!!!

The reason why Fox is axing 24 is because the cost went up and ratings went down. Rumor has it that NBC might pick up 24.
                                "You are watching FOX"

Comment

• 3IAlienKid
                                  secure all cargo
                                  • Jul 2005

I think the ratings are down because...

While there's nothing terrible about this season, I have to say nothing really stands out either. There haven't been many "wow" moments as in past years (oops, sorry, "Days"). I think maybe for me it's that each of the 7 prior Days did a great job adding new layers to Jack. But Day 8 started with a couple of family scenes (admittedly very touching, especially when Kim and Jack say goodbye) that seemed to start resolving Jack's personal life, which is less interesting than, say, further exploring the conflict.

For me this really impacts the way the rest of the Day has played out so far. Ever since Day 1 ended, Jack has always seemed a tragic character to me, it's what makes him truly interesting. Loyalty and sacrifice at tremendous personal expense have always been such big themes for him. I don't get any sense of that this year, and therefore Jack seems somewhat detached from the proceedings, making the situations far less tense. There's less at stake for him personally. Perhaps that's the intention, that Jack's new layer is personal growth (after all he did have his born-again experience with the Muslim priest at the end of Day 7). Or perhaps they're saving tragedy for later in the Day. We'll see, I plan to watch til the end anyway.

Comment

• 3IAlienKid
                                    secure all cargo
                                    • Jul 2005

Go Chloe!!

Comment

• 3IAlienKid
                                      secure all cargo
                                      • Jul 2005

If anyone is still watching, the last 2 nights including the 2-hr back-to-back have been a bit of a return to form for the show. For one, we are finally getting more action scenes. Two, they finally started getting into some of the moral dilemmas with characters having to make certain ethical decisions - these seem to have been largely absent this season until now. And three, the previously lame subplot with Dana has started to make more sense in the context of the larger story as her woes which previously seemed irrelevant are now in retrospect more directly tied to the terrorist plot (I won't give it away). It's too late to save the show now that it's already been cancelled, but I'm still hopeful they'll do the the final season some justice.

Comment

• caesarboxfan
                                        or CBF
                                        • Oct 2006

I am.

This season has turned out really great. I stopped watching after the whole Dana subplot got really boring, but got back into it after the whole CTU crashing happened.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X