Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think they'll ever put The Wonderful World of Disney back on?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think they'll ever put The Wonderful World of Disney back on?

It's been a staple of American history for more than 50 years and three whole generations have grown up on Disneyland/Wonderful World of Color/Disney, etc. Now, I have no idea why they decided to cancel it in 2008 (apart from ratings), but boy, do I miss it.

You guys think it'll ever be back on now that the artists are slowly starting to take back the Walt Disney Company?
    "Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

Re: Think they'll ever put The Wonderful World of Disney back on?

IMO, I think it has to do with the popularity of edgy television. People always associate Disney with family fun and wholesomeness. I'm probably wrong, but I can't think of any shows on prime time that are family friendly (like the Cosby show, full house, etc).

Comment

Re: Think they'll ever put The Wonderful World of Disney back on?

Personally, I feel The Middle on ABC is the only true family tv show on right now. Anyway, past that, "family entertainment" is a thing of the past, at least so far as tv goes. There is just such a strong push to be as 40 mph hour said, "edgy," that anything that isn't is left in the dust. Hollywood, and sadly Disney very as well, are after the pre-teen, teen, 20-something demographics. All other demographics either fall in line or find something else to do.

I would love to see some trace of the Disney Anthology series come back. However, taking a really hard look at the direction the Disney Company is going, I don't think it will, or if it does, that it will resemble what was before very much. That said, I hope I'm wrong...
      __________________________________________________ ___________________________
      SAVE THE DISNEY AFTERNOON! SAVE THE DISNEY TREASURES! Join Open Vault Disney!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X