This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Thunder TV Series Commissioned by ABC

The Hollywood Reporter posted today that ABC has commissioned Big Thunder, a drama based on the ride of the same name.

ABC Orders Big Thunder Mountain Drama to Pilot - Hollywood Reporter

This article also speaks about the unrelated Jon Favreau project, Magic Kingdom.

e
    ~ Erik

Re: Big Thunder TV Series Commissioned by ABC

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering about this series recently. Seems interesting.
    sigpic
    That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

Comment

It doesn't seem to really play in the original backstory of Big Thunder, does it?
      ~ Erik

Comment

Depends really, it might go into it after all it said 'not everything is as it seems'. But I was guessing they're going to tie it in with the recently updated story of the WDW BTM. Or at least reference it. For a long while it was only DLRP's that had a full story, but now WDW has been given a bigger story too. It would be interesting if they also put some references in for DLRP as well.

Then again it may just be loosely based on the ride(s).
        sigpic
        That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

Comment

Read the script, and it definitely pays homage to the backstory. Really good read and should be a great series.

Comment

Sounds like a mismash of "Once Upon A Time" meets WDW's & DLRP's BTM Stories.

Timekeeper
            sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
            Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

I hope it does not spoile the ride, like Pirates of the Carribean
              The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

I think it could work if they tied it into the backstory of the ride. Personally I'd rather see serial style tv shows based on attractions than POTC style movies that just completely ruin the experience of the ride by making it impossible for the attraction to stand apart from the movie. I've always wanted to see a Twilight Zone style Haunted Mansion series, where the ghost host would introduce each episode and then each week you'd get the story of another ghost.

Comment

Although I'd love to see this Big Thunder show ( and applaud Disney for once again finding a neat way to tie-in and promote something, it really seems like things they did back in Walt's day ) I'm more interested in what GraceyRavenswood just said. I mean, you've got 999 happy haunts so that's 999 potential stories.

Comment

ABC has passed on "Big Thunder.":

ABC Notifies Pilots That Didn't Make It - Deadline.com
                    Last edited by RoryLAronsky; 05-10-2013, 05:19 PM. Reason: Spacing is my friend.
                    There's no such thing as too many books. Now go bring the 18-wheeler around.

Comment

It's a bummer. The script was solid and with the right directors and actors and effects, it could have been a really fun time.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X