This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test you knowledge of "I LOVE LUCY"

I know there are a lot of I Love Lucy fans out there. Let's try to stump the experts!
    1. What does Lucy try to get the palace quardsman to do when she is in London?
    2. Why can't Lucy and Ricky get out of Fred's trick handcuffs?
    3. Why does Lucy get thrown into the Bastille when the gang is in Paris?
    4. What did Lucy buy from the Handy Dandy salesman?

Re: Test you knowledge of "I LOVE LUCY"

1) She tries to get him to smile with lines like "Is your Collie off his trolley ?"

2) Fred lost the key and the locksmith has to go home to Yonkers to get them.

3) She used counterfit money she got from a guy on the street.

4) She bought a handy dandy slicer/dicer kitchen helper device to make french fries out of potatoes, then a handy dandy vacuum cleaner.

Try some hard ones next time LOL.....
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Comment

You are good, tiggerfan!
      1. What desperately unwanted gifts do the boys give the girls in the episode named "Job Switching"?
      2. What was the "Million Dollar Idea"?
      3. Who played Cousin Ernie?
      4. Name the classic bit that Lucy and Harpo do together. What movie was it From?

Comment

Thanks. My Mom tells me I started watching Lucy at about 6 months old, so I have a lot of viewing hours.

I know these too but to be fair I'll give others a chance to play
        ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerfan View Post
          Thanks. My Mom tells me I started watching Lucy at about 6 months old, so I have a lot of viewing hours.
          I'm right there with you!

Comment

1. 5 pound boxes of chocolates (and did you know they were trained at See's Candy main factory in Los Angeles?)
            2. Aunt Martha's Old Fashioned Salad Dressing
            3. Tennessee Ernie Ford
            4. I don't know if it has a special name but they did a "mirror" pantomime based on a scene in a Marx Brother's movie called "Duck Soup".

I also watched I Love Lucy as a child in first run in the 50's (yeah, I'm old )). I also watched it over and over again in repeats as a teenager. Still watch it on and off today because it is a whole lot better than a lot of sitcom junk that is on TV now days (did I say I was old AND crotchety? )
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post
              1. 5 pound boxes of chocolates (and did you know they were trained at See's Candy main factory in Los Angeles?)
              2. Aunt Martha's Old Fashioned Salad Dressing
              3. Tennessee Ernie Ford
              4. I don't know if it has a special name but they did a "mirror" pantomime based on a scene in a Marx Brother's movie called "Duck Soup".

I also watched I Love Lucy as a child in first run in the 50's (yeah, I'm old )). I also watched it over and over again in repeats as a teenager. Still watch it on and off today because it is a whole lot better than a lot of sitcom junk that is on TV now days (did I say I was old AND crotchety? )
              Aunt who's Old Fashioned Salad Which ??

Comment

Wendygirl is good too!
                1. What pins Lucy to the kitchen wall in "Pioneer Women"?
                2. In "Ricky Loses His Voice" who are the headliners Lucy finds to replace him in the new show?
                3. Where does Lucy first meet Bob Hope?
                4. Where do Lucy and Ricky get remarried?

Comment

1. A very very very big loaf of bread (which despite being fake really looked good).

2. Fred, Ethel and crew from The Flapper Follies of 1927 (or was it 37)

3. At a Yankees-Indians Game (did you have to say YANKS)

4. In the same place Lucy and Desi got married, in Connecticut (where the bench got narrower or they got wider)

Next.....

Comment

My first memories of seeing Lucy in first-run go back to 1962, and the original "Lucy Show" in which Vivian Vance and Gale Gordon were co-stars.

I first saw "I Love Lucy" in re-runs on CBS each morning (at least when school was out) starting about 1964.

The show went into syndication in either 1968 or 1969. In Los Angeles KTTV Channel 11 got the rights...and Lucy episodes have been on that station, nearly every day, ever since.

-- Barry
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

3. At a Yankees-Indians Game (did you have to say YANKS)

4. In the same place Lucy and Desi got married, in Connecticut (where the bench got narrower or they got wider)
                      You have to be more specific on these two!

Comment

1. In "The Girls Want to go to a Nightclub", where do the Ricardos and Mertzes end up celebrating Fred and Ethel's anniversary?
                        2. What is the present Ricky gives to Lucy for their eleventh anniversary?
                        3. How does Lucy get new furniture in the episode "Redecorating"?
                        4. What do the boys do when the girls want equal rights?
                        5. Who is Lucy's dance partner in "The Dancing Star"?

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                          You have to be more specific on these two!
                          Do you mean in the box when Lucy is dressed as a hot dog vendor and she makes Hope miss a home run and he gets hit by a baseball ?

Specific enough ? <G>

And on the wedding, it was the same place they got married the first time in the lobby of a hotel by the guy who was mayor, police chief, etc.

Comment

Re: Test you knowledge of &quot;I LOVE LUCY&quot;

Do you mean in the box when Lucy is dressed as a hot dog vendor and she makes Hope miss a home run and he gets hit by a baseball ?

Specific enough ? <G>
                            What stadium?

And on the wedding, it was the same place they got married the first time in the lobby of a hotel by the guy who was mayor, police chief, etc.
                            Yep, but what is the name of the hotel?

Comment

Re: Test you knowledge of &quot;I LOVE LUCY&quot;

I'm loving this! I don't know the answers off-hand, but I know the episodes very well when the answers are given! :smart:

I love watching I Love Lucy and Leave it to Beaver - I have Tivo set up to record them both. They often play back to back.
                              "But every night, when it gets dark
                              and the stars come out,
                              I'll look up on her behalf.
                              I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X