No announcement yet.

Walt Disney... an Opera

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt Disney... an Opera

Boing Boing posted an interesting article today about a theater company in the UK that plans to produce an opera about the last days of Walt Disney. Should be on their June 2013 line-up.

The story follows cartoonist Wilhelm Dantine, who worked for Disney in the 1950s. The production does not have the rights to use Disney’s most famous characters, but it is likely to find a way to reference them. Berry said: “Glass is very interested in the impact that a personality of that order has on wider culture."

ENO to stage Philip Glass opera about the last days of Walt Disney - News - Theatre & Dance - The Independent
    Last edited by 10/6; 05-02-2012, 11:18 AM.
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

Re: Walt Disney... an Opera

Hmmm, Philip Glass has done numerous opera's about famous and obscure people, one thing I expect this opera of the last days of Walt Disney to have is a simplistic style at best.

sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Re: Walt Disney... an Opera

This quote in the article bothers me a bit ...
      "Glass – described by the ENO as “one of the world’s most important composers” – said the life of the man behind Mickey Mouse was “unimaginable, alarming and truly frightening”."
      There have been so many incorrect depictions of Walt Disney's life, I hope this isn't another intellectually vapid hatchet piece.
      Gullywhumper is back on the Rivers of America!

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.