Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jurrasic Park IV

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jurrasic Park IV

    It looks like the word is out that the new dino film will come out in 2014.

    It's Official: Jurassic Park IV is Coming in 2014! | Superhero Hype
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

  • #2
    Re: Jurrasic Park IV

    lol...I have mixed feelings about another Jurassic Park.
    For the love of Disney....:yea:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Jurrasic Park IV

      Originally posted by wiigirl View Post
      lol...I have mixed feelings about another Jurassic Park.
      Me, too. As long as it doesn't involve a dinosaur running around San Diego, I'll give it a chance.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Jurrasic Park IV

        If dinosaurs are hiding in a refridgerator to survive a nuclear bomb, I'm out.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Jurrasic Park IV

          Full disclosure, this was a real idea and it has since been scrapped:

          Back when Jurassic Park III came out, the studios wanted to do IV right away. The leading idea was that InGen (the company that backed John Hammond in his vision in the movies) had decided the only way to get a return on their investment after the two failures (Jurassic Park and its smaller version in San Diego) was to weaponize the technologies in the film by cross breeding velociraptors with humans to create super-soldiers.

          Now I know JPII wasn't the best with the TRex in downtown San Diego, but its sure a heck of a lot better than that idea.

          Check out the concept art for it... The Triceratops Man is my favorite!
          -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

          ---That goat has dynamite!---

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Jurrasic Park IV

            Thanks for that Elias1955. I've never seen that concept art before and now that I have, I'll pass. I'm glad that concept never happened and "liked" the idea better the first time when it was called Alien Resurrection. I put "like" in quotes because I'm only lukewarm on that movie in the first place.


            I'm a huge JP fan. I was a fan of the book before the movie. I was even a fan of Crighton's second book which was written somewhat under duress. I loved the movies too, even with as different as they were. As a JP fan of course I'd like to see another movie but only if they do it right. ( Doesn't everyone say that about every sequel? ) I can think of one, and only one, scenario that would work without it being too weird.

            DON'T continue the timeline and go forward with another scenario in present times.
            DO go back in time and do another story on the the Isla Nublar incident as seen through the eyes of the other people on the island.


            The idea of making weaponized raptor men is where I throw in the towel on my fandom and walk away. The idea of going back and showing people trying to evacuate the island on the worst day in Isla Nublar's history has some room for promise.

            Anyone here play the JP game from Telltale last year? I got it and loved it. The whole thing took place on that same day on the other side of the island and would have made an okay movie on it's own.


            Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
            Me, too. As long as it doesn't involve a dinosaur running around San Diego, I'll give it a chance.

            As a San Diego resident, that was my favorite part. Sometimes I think we could still use a T-Rex to run around cleaning up parts of the town.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Jurrasic Park IV

              I loved all 3 films. That doesn't mean I think we need a 4th, but I'll definitely go see it. Is Joe Johnston directing again?
              Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Jurrasic Park IV

                Originally posted by aashee View Post
                If dinosaurs are hiding in a refridgerator to survive a nuclear bomb, I'm out.
                Nah, it's when they start swinging with monkeys is when we should start to worry...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Jurrasic Park IV

                  part two was the worst movie for obvious reason lol i hope the kids from jurassic park 1 make an appearance in the fourth movie. that would be so great.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Jurrasic Park IV

                    Originally posted by Elias1955 View Post
                    Full disclosure, this was a real idea and it has since been scrapped:

                    Back when Jurassic Park III came out, the studios wanted to do IV right away. The leading idea was that InGen (the company that backed John Hammond in his vision in the movies) had decided the only way to get a return on their investment after the two failures (Jurassic Park and its smaller version in San Diego) was to weaponize the technologies in the film by cross breeding velociraptors with humans to create super-soldiers.

                    Now I know JPII wasn't the best with the TRex in downtown San Diego, but its sure a heck of a lot better than that idea.

                    Check out the concept art for it... The Triceratops Man is my favorite!
                    That concept art. BURN IT!! BURN IT WITH FIRE!!
                    sigpic

                    What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

                    Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X