X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMAX rerelease for 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' beginning 9/7

'Raiders of the Lost Ark' to Receive Imax Rerelease - NYTimes.com
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: IMAX rerelease for 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' beginning 9/7

Hmm, my favorite movie of all time on the big screen. I may have to do this even though all we have up here is "LieMax".

Comment

Can't wait!
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

What...kinda sucks (unless Im wrong) is they are also have all 4 movies back on the big screen..and you cant see the first film in Imax..then see the rest in a normal theater...cause I love the third movie just as much and want to see that one too
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

^ Only the first film, Raiders of the Lost Ark, will be re-released to theatres in IMAX format for one week beginning September 7. All four Indiana Jones films are coming out on Blu-ray Disc on September 18. In essense, the theatrical IMAX release is a big publicity stunt to also promote the disc set coming out on Blu a week later. Capeesh?

Comment

^no no AMC Theaters is also putting out ALL four movies back on the big screen.....so it just kinda sucks if I want to see both the first and third movie I have to pay like 40 bucks since you can just see the first in Imax the switch to the normal marathon
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Just googled your claim and found the details. Sorry. It's apparently newer news.

INDIANA JONES Marathon Coming to AMC Theaters | Collider

I agree with you now, that's a tough, pricey call. I might end up watching Raiders in IMAX and then invest that extra $25 for the marathon on buying the Blu-ray set instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
                Just googled your claim and found the details. Sorry. It's apparently newer news.

INDIANA JONES Marathon Coming to AMC Theaters | Collider

I agree with you now, that's a tough, pricey call. I might end up watching Raiders in IMAX and then invest that extra $25 for the marathon on buying the Blu-ray set instead.
                Although I'm a huge fan of all the movies, the only one I'm really excited to see on the big screen again is Raiders.
                "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

A one-day showing in a few theaters of a film shot in 35mm in a 2.35:1 aspect ratio, blown-up to IMAX 5/70mm with a 1.33:1 aspect ratio (although it's likely not even actual 70mm film anymore; new IMAX is just 4k digital in 1.33:1, which is less resolution than actual 70mm film).... nah, this isn't what I want. What I want is an actual full-blown theatrical re-release in the original format. OK, so 35mm prints are unlikely these days (as are 70mm blow-ups), but I'd accept a 4k digital print - in the original 2.35:1 aspect ratio. But don't just show it on one day. Make it a one-week or two-week engagement, on a really BIG screen, with a really nice movie program for sale in the lobby.

Comment

Looks like Raiders will be hitting the Imax here in Calgary. I'm there! Raiders and Doom are the only two I haven't seen on the big screen yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                      A one-day showing in a few theaters of a film shot in 35mm in a 2.35:1 aspect ratio, blown-up to IMAX 5/70mm with a 1.33:1 aspect ratio (although it's likely not even actual 70mm film anymore; new IMAX is just 4k digital in 1.33:1, which is less resolution than actual 70mm film).... nah, this isn't what I want. What I want is an actual full-blown theatrical re-release in the original format. OK, so 35mm prints are unlikely these days (as are 70mm blow-ups), but I'd accept a 4k digital print - in the original 2.35:1 aspect ratio. But don't just show it on one day. Make it a one-week or two-week engagement, on a really BIG screen, with a really nice movie program for sale in the lobby.
                      it is a one-week​ showing, not day.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X