Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else 'worried' about Star Wars under Disney?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Is anyone else 'worried' about Star Wars under Disney?

From a standpoint of, taking a step back and viewing the big-budget tentpole films that could be classified as 'action'/summer type blockbuster-hopefuls Disney has released in the 2000's:

when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Re: Is anyone else 'worried' about Star Wars under Disney?

I'm not too worried about it, your points have come to mind and i agree but it can't be worse than the prequels, although i loved Attack of the Clones i think Disney will make a better trilogy than the last one, plus i heard Star Trek was good so my hopes are set
    sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

It's in better hands now. I'm sure Disney will just handle the marketing and the distribution of the films while Lucasfilm will make the films. It'll be they same way as before, just without Lucas's help.

Besides maybe Disney will release the original versions on Blu-Ray next time they are re-released. When I yelled no in the Return of the Jedi Blu-Ray, I lost it, it made me look like the whiney emo kid I was in the prequels. So hopefully my new "Mouseter" will keep the Star Wars saga alive and well for years to come.

Oh and JJ Abrams directing Episode VII is a good sign too.
      sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

I'm less worried about it in Disney's hands than I was when Lucas still had it.

I'm confident that the Mouse will not allow directorial bloat on a Lucasian scope with the new movies. I'm hopeful that scripts will have to go through edits to remove some of the more egregious slash fiction shoutouts. I'm even kinda optimistic that they'll ditch the entire "the Force is a bacterial infection, pray you never need antibiotics" angle.
        Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

All fair enough points, thank you! I do hope my pessimism based on what Disney has actually delivered lately in the rough 'genre' proves to be unfounded.
          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

LOL Lord Vader
            sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X