Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Included

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Included




    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/d-box-motion-seats-move-into-two-more-galaxy-theatres-87803557.html


    What could be better than taking in the world's first film to feature an ensemle team of well known super comic book heroes? How about experiencing the Avengers in a special gyrating D-Box motion simulator theater seat at a local Galaxy theater complex for the bargain price of only $8 more? My understanding is that the D-BOX theater sections have seats that one can adjust to the intensity level they prefer. D-BOX motion code cinema system generates pitch, roll, vibrations (etc) that interacts with films for thrilling simulator enhanced movie experiences in traditional movie theater environments. Oh, the many wonders the future has in store for us!





    D-BOX - How It Works
    D-BOX - How does it work? - YouTube

    D-BOX Demonstration and Comments From Movie Goers
    Prince of Persia with D-BOX at the Palladium IMAX, San Antonio, TX - YouTube

    D-Box Avengers Movie Trailers
    Prince of Persia with D-BOX at the Palladium IMAX, San Antonio, TX - YouTube
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Inclu

    ^awful close to a commercial...

    BTW - the theatres at the ghost town aka Gardenwalk in Anaheim offer the $8 upcharge for this bringing the adult ticket to $19.50, enjoy.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Inclu

      Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
      ^awful close to a commercial...

      BTW - the theatres at the ghost town aka Gardenwalk in Anaheim offer the $8 upcharge for this bringing the adult ticket to $19.50, enjoy.
      A cost factor of $19.50 would be well spent on a simulator experience of a riveting film like the Avengers, especially considering that most people live in areas that are not anywhere close to a major theme park such as Disneyland and Universal studios..
      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Inclu

        We have a few theaters here in Calgary that have the D-Box, but I haven't tried them yet. Don't want to spill my drink with the chair moving all around.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Inclu

          Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
          We have a few theaters here in Calgary that have the D-Box, but I haven't tried them yet. Don't want to spill my drink with the chair moving all around.
          Whoo boy! These theaters are spreading like wildfire. I haven't thought about riding and drinking until now. You inspire me with the best ideas, Barbosa!
          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Inclu

            Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
            Whoo boy! These theaters are spreading like wildfire. I haven't thought about riding and drinking until now. You inspire me with the best ideas, Barbosa!
            It's like that bumper sticker: "Don't drink and drive; you might hit a bump and spill your drink."
            :lol:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Inclu

              I tried it with The Hunger Games, I didn't feel it was worth the extra $, unfortunately. Cool in theory, less awesome in reality IMO.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Inclu

                Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                It's like that bumper sticker: "Don't drink and drive; you might hit a bump and spill your drink."
                :lol:
                Perhaps I should use a designated D-Box driver while I drink. :blink:

                Originally posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
                I tried it with The Hunger Games, I didn't feel it was worth the extra $, unfortunately. Cool in theory, less awesome in reality IMO.
                Perhaps the Avengers will be a more exciting movie to test it out on. Plus, the new technology is lilely to periodically improve.
                To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Inclu

                  Where are these theaters located? Any in California?
                  Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

                  Thank You Poisonedapples

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Inclu

                    Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
                    Where are these theaters located? Any in California?
                    I know we have one here in Central CA, right in the town next to mine at the local outlet. Haven't tried it yet as I just haven't felt the need to pay the upcharge.
                    Originally posted by migo
                    I poop with joy!
                    Best Quote...EVER!!!


                    Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Inclu

                      Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
                      Where are these theaters located? Any in California?
                      You can find them at Galaxy Theaters in Atascadero, Glendale, Porterville, Riverbank and Tulare. If there is an Ultra star theater in your area, it might also have MFX motion seats.

                      I'm going to watch the upcoming wild Snow White and the Huntsman flick soon!

                      ---------- Post added 05-30-2012 at 11:31 PM ----------

                      Originally posted by AlohaStitch View Post
                      I know we have one here in Central CA, right in the town next to mine at the local outlet. Haven't tried it yet as I just haven't felt the need to pay the upcharge.
                      Try it, you'll like it!
                      Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-30-2012, 11:36 PM.
                      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X