This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC orders Marvel S.H.I.E.L.D. series pilot from Joss Whedon

ABC-TV yesterday ordered a S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot from 'Avengers' co-writer/director Joss Whedon. It is expected to be of the same Marvel universe depicted in the film and production is expected to begin in the very near future. Whedon, the creator of beloved cult TV series such as 'Firefly' and 'Dollhouse' and 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' and 'Angel', is rumored to direct the pilot himself. Casting announcements should follow soon.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: ABC orders Marvel S.H.I.E.L.D. series pilot from Joss Whedon

If nothing else I'll be interested to see how Whedon defuses some of the obvious landmines that lay in his path on this one.....

How can you separate this from the Avengers/Iron Man/Captain America/Thor/Hulk movies? Different actors will need to play the same roles.

The effects/sets won't be able to match what we've in the feature films.

etc...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Joss Whedon had also said at a WGA event on Tuesday that the series will be largely autonomous from the film's sequel and will revolve around the activities of the S.H.I.E.L.D. espionage organization seen in 'The Avengers'.

Jed Whedon, Joss' brother, and his wife Maurissa Tancharoen (co-writers of 'The Avengers') will be the series' showrunners but that he'd "show up now and again to take credit for everything."
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Moonliner View Post
        If nothing else I'll be interested to see how Whedon defuses some of the obvious landmines that lay in his path on this one.....

How can you separate this from the Avengers/Iron Man/Captain America/Thor/Hulk movies? Different actors will need to play the same roles.

The effects/sets won't be able to match what we've in the feature films.

etc...
        To be fair, it was The Avengers that was outside of Whedon's normal fair. I suspect dialog driven fantasy with minor special effects is right in Whedon's wheelhouse.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

UPDATE

AvengersAvengersAvengers
          The Marvel TV panel at NYCC made the news official. Gregg appeared onstage, nominally to talk about his role on the animated series Ultimate Spider-Man. But then attendees were treated to a video showing Whedon and Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige, proclaiming that Coulson would return in the series (currently titled S.H.I.E.L.D.
          AvengersS.H.I.E.L.D.Jim Starlin. Swoon!)
          Agent Phil Coulson will return in Joss Whedon's 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' spin-off | Inside TV | EW.com

Comment

It was announced today that actress Ming-Na, of 'E.R.' fame and also voiced the titular character of 'Mulan', will join the 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' pilot. She will play Agent Melinda May, "a top-notch pilot, weapons expert and soldier who is described as being soulful but slightly damaged by her time spent in combat."

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
              It was announced today that actress Ming-Na, of 'E.R.' fame and also voiced the titular character of 'Mulan', will join the 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' pilot. She will play Agent Melinda May, "a top-notch pilot, weapons expert and soldier who is described as being soulful but slightly damaged by her time spent in combat."

Even more reason too watch this show! Chun LI FTW!
              I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol! :ap:

Comment

Sounds cool. I'll watch the first five episodes and give them a chance.
                Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
                Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Not My Real Name View Post
                  Sounds cool. I'll watch the first five episodes and give them a chance.
                  Same here....but I am a sucker for Marvel stuff. :P
                  For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

Filming began today on the pilot for the S.H.I.E.L.D. series.

Comment

i cant see why they wont make it a show
                      they have Marvel films, merchandise and soon to be attractions and tv shows
                      Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

This IS cool news! I heard somewheres that it COULD be on abc this fall? any truth on that?

I <3 MiceChat.com!!

www.DisneyDigitalFiles.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X