This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Comedian Dane Cook (Planes) Angers Hometown of Boston

The one and only reason I posted this here is because of Disney's new film Planes out in August has the comedian Dane Cook providing the voice for the main character. I'm kind of iffy on being a Cook fan, I've only seen him in one film. That "orientation video" for Costco otherwise known as Employee of the Month. But for Disney's sake, I hope this blows over before August, otherwise I don't think the film will do too well in the Boston area if movie goers find out who stars in the film.

Yahoo! (Not sure why the link says just that. But it does go to the story. Otherwise, just read the excerpt below.)

I won't quote box the whole article because it also discusses other highlights of the charity event. But the first part of it discussed the hatred towards one of Boston's own.

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Re: Comedian Dane Cook (Planes) Angers Hometown of Boston

Actually, Planes is not a Pixar movie, it is a DisneyToon Studios movie.
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
      Actually, Planes is not a Pixar movie, it is a DisneyToon Studios movie.
      Oops. My only mistake. Posting it in the wrong area. I know I didn't use the word Pixar in the post.

It can be moved to the correct one.
      "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Comment

i wonder if it'll make a big difference in regards to planes... i've seen dane cook's standup (for example), and it can get pretttttyyyyy raunchy. but i would still let my son watch planes, mainly because he's into planes.

things like this might hurt cook's career, though.

Comment

Well I am sure his performance in it is very clean. My post was in regards to his reputation and marketability for the film when it comes closer to release. Boston has been through a lot and don't take kindly to disrespect. If they hold a grudge, I can't see the film doing to well there if they see that he's the main voice in the film. Though a lot would still go see it for the family or entertainment value since it is Disney. But they could still lose $ for it. Yes he would hurt from it, and Disney may or may not have to do some damage control for it.

Comment

I don't see this little incident affecting Planes performance at all. It's still gonna be a terrible movie though. Brought to us by the same people who brought us such "classics" as Hunchback II and Cinderella III, everybody loved those movies, right?
            sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
              I don't see this little incident affecting Planes performance at all. It's still gonna be a terrible movie though. Brought to us by the same people who brought us such "classics" as Hunchback II and Cinderella III, everybody loved those movies, right?
              One thing I fear is that Brent Musburger (however you spell it) will be doing a voice in it. Probably the Cars equivalent to Bob "Cutlass". I don't care for Brent, especially since his whole Ms Alabama incident. One funny note is that both Val Kilmer and Anthony Edwards will also be doing guest voices in it, as a pair of Super Hornets. Hmmm, gee I wonder why? Guess their more aptly known co-star was lost in oblivion and couldn't make it.

Comment

I don't think Tom Cruise would settle for co-star status.
                sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                  I don't think Tom Cruise would settle for co-star status.
                  He made a co-star cameo appearance in Tropic Thunder.

Or at least as a supporting actor.

Comment

I don't think this will have much effect on Planes as there's plenty else to carry the film. And I'm certainly no Dane Cook fan, but as a comedian, I can see why he may not have had a choice in the matter. It takes 2-3 years to write an hour of material. And if he's selling his new special to HBO or whoever, then they won't want that material on TV before the special comes out. Comedy is a perishable item.

What he should have done was write a few minutes of stuff to do just for that special and not have to black himself out.
                    My website: www.RoadsideAttraction.com

Comment

Hey I'm just surprised this thread made this week's round up. I wasn't expecting it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X