Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Hanks rumored to play Walt Disney in movie about the making of Mary Poppins

It's a very interesting idea for a movie, I would see it, but I don't see Tom Hanks as Walt.

Broadway.com | Tom Hanks Rumored to Play Walt Disney in New Film About Behind-the-Scenes Drama of Mary Poppins

How does everyone else feel about this? Any ideas who would be a good Walt?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Re: Tom Hanks rumored to play Walt Disney in movie about the making of Mary Poppins

Yah that's weird.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Re: Tom Hanks rumored to play Walt Disney in movie about the making of Mary Poppins

I feel like some no name actor is out there that looks and has Walts voice...I like Tom Hanks but rather see some one that looks more like Walt....play Walt
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I like Tom Hanks in pretty much anything he does. I have no comment on the casting since I don't feel him playing Walt will make or break the movie.

What I love, however, is that they are making the movie about the making of Mary Poppins. I like that instead of doing a huge biopic they are focusing on a specific time frame and going for it.
        What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tui View Post
          I like Tom Hanks in pretty much anything he does. I have no comment on the casting since I don't feel him playing Walt will make or break the movie.

What I love, however, is that they are making the movie about the making of Mary Poppins. I like that instead of doing a huge biopic they are focusing on a specific time frame and going for it.
          I agree it's a great idea to focus just on this one topic, and I'm sure Hanks will do a great job. I don't know, there's just nothing about him that screams, "he'd make a great Walt!" It'll be interesting to see if this even comes true, however. Alec Baldwin might be an interesting choice, he seems more "Waltesque" to me, but even that is something of a stretch perhaps.

And Meryl Streep as Travers seems like a brilliant move as well.
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I disagree far more with the concept of the movie than the casting of Tom Hanks. I love all the stories (good and "bad") of Mary Poppins but a making of movie. Pass.

Comment

Well...I've always anted to see a series of films about Walt.....one about his beginning...one about him getting into film...and one about him building the parks
              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                And Meryl Streep as Travers seems like a brilliant move as well.
                Got me thinking. Meryl Streep as Walt? Think about it.
                What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

I would much rather see a movie about building Disneyland.
                  "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Yeah, Mary Poppins is a cool movie and all, but I didn't think there was anything terribly interesting about how it was made. A bio of Walt's early career up to the release of Snow White, or heck, even just the debut of Mickey Mouse, would be more interesting to me.

Comment

I think it's a great idea, not sold on Hanks, but at least they didn't try to say Johnny Depp or something.

I think Alec Baldwin would be a pretty good choice as well. And I'm just gonna throw it out there ... Disney geek John Stamos.

Comment

I love the idea of Tom Hanks in this role. He's one of the best, in the not THE best, movie actors of our time. He would do a spectacular job playing Walt.

I also liked the other comment someone made of different movies dealing with different periods of Walt's life. I think that'd be much better than one big movie, trying to jam a bunch of things into it. Not to mention, if you don't like Tom Hanks in the role, someone else will play Walt in another movie.

Think about all the other casting choices too, though. Who'd play Julie Andrews? Dick Van Dyke? Heck, who'd play Roy Disney?? He'd have to be in it, too, I'd think.
                        Last edited by TodAZ1; 02-09-2012, 09:21 AM.
                        "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

Comment

sounds good...but,no comment on Tom.

Comment

How about the guys that played Howard Stark as Walt Disney. Either Dominic Cooper or John Slattery.

Comment

I thought the lead in The Artist has a good classic Walt Disney look to him. But of course wrong accent.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X