Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Hanks to play Walt Disney in new Movie (based on making of Mary Poppins)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Hanks to play Walt Disney in new Movie (based on making of Mary Poppins)

I'll admit, I'm certainly curious about this, if it does get made.

Film will be titled 'Saving Mr. Banks'

Based on true events, Kelly MarcelWalt DisneyMary Poppins author P.L. TraversTom Hanks and Meryl Streep said to be among the top choices to play the leads and The Blind Side helmer John Lee Hancock boarding the picture in late February. Now casting has begun in earnest, with Hanks in talks to play Walt Disney and Emma Thompson negotiating for the role of Travers.

- A word of note, Disney Co. has declined to comment on any casting for the project, so its purely speculative at this point.
    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Tom Hanks is Walt Disney

Interesting.............

Tom Hanks in talks to play Walt Disney - MSN Movies News
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

Comment

Re: Tom Hanks is Walt Disney

For A movie based on Poppins and an older Walt I think thats a decent choice. But I will say I still like the Ryan Gossling playing a young Walt from the faked movie poster.
      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Hanks is definitely a good enough actor. But I don't really see any sort of likeness.

Comment

I read about this before...Tom Hanks is a great actor, but I don't see how they ever got "Walt Disney" from him. I just don't see it working at all.

Comment

Hanks is a great actor, but I would rather see a movie on the start to the point where the public had him then this snippet about the making of one film.
            “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Comment

Forest "Woody" Gump, the former manager of the Wonders and the owner of Playtone Records is ALSO Walt Disney?!

This just shatters my entire universe..

Comment

I've met Tom Hanks. His son goes to Northwestern University here in Chicago and my sister's boyfriend had classes with him. I met Hanks when he and his wife Rita something (not Hanks, she has another name) were here in 2010 for a football game.

Hanks was really rude to everyone and was really drunk. He kept shoving his way in the crowd and embarrassed his son by doing a lot of "don't you know who I am?". His wife Rita was really nice though. She apologized for him A LOT and did it like she was used to doing it all the time.

There was another famous person at that game and it was that lady from the Today Show named Meredith. She was really nice to everyone like that Rita was. It was Tom Hanks who was loud and rude to people. I will never forget it.

Comment

This is already being discussed here folks.

http://micechat.com/forums/movies/16...play-walt.html

There are other sections of the site everybody, come join us once in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by DragoHarley View Post
                    Hanks was really rude to everyone and was really drunk. He kept shoving his way in the crowd and embarrassed his son by doing a lot of "don't you know who I am?". His wife Rita was really nice though. She apologized for him A LOT and did it like she was used to doing it all the time.
                    Despite enjoying many of his films, in my experience when I was in the same room as him, I saw very similiar behavior.
                    Be Cool Stay in School!
                    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Re: Tom Hanks to play Walt Disney in new Movie (based on making of Mary Poppins)

While I agree Tom Hanks may not look like Walt, I don't think they necessarily are going for a look-a-likey cast.

Meryl Streep wasn't a dead ringer for Baroness Thatcher, but look how that turned out.

Best not to forget though that its not been confirmed he's signed on.
                      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                      Walt Disney

Comment

Re: Tom Hanks to play Walt Disney in new Movie (based on making of Mary Poppins)

When I read that article my first thought was that Tom and Walt do not look alike, but I do think that he is a good actor and could pull it off, and makeup can do amazing things.

As for his personal / real life behavior, I have no clue, but it would be to bad if he was generally as bad as some of you are saying.

Comment

As previously reported 'Saving Mr. Banks' will star 2-time Best Actor Oscar winner Tom Hanks as Walt Disney and Oscar winner Emma Thompson as 'Mary Poppins' author P.L. Travers.

Deadline Hollywood has just reported that Colin Farrell, star of the upcoming 'Total Recall' remake, is in talks to star in the film as Travers' father, the inspiration for her Mr. Banks character.
                          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Just announced:

Birthday boy B.J. Novak of 'The Office' will play Disney Legend Robert Sherman in the film!

Actor/Musician Jason Schwartzman will play Richard Sherman.
                            Last edited by ALIASd; 08-01-2012, 02:27 PM.
                            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

^I know they look different but at the same time for some reason...I think BJ's eyes are similar eyes...if you know what i mean

I really hope this movie is good
                              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X