This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disney animation lost

i dont no if u guys heard this but i was told by a tour guide at disneyland that the princess and the frog was the last animated movie that disney was going make and all there other movies are going be cgi like tangled

Re: disney animation lost

tour guides have been known to give some misinformation
    at the same time,
    I wouldn't be shocked.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Comment

i dont know if he was lying he said his friends work ad animators and imagineers for disney abd he seemed really disapointed when he said it

Comment

Traditional animation just doesn't bring in the money like it used to.
        This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Comment

it really is sad i dont get it original animation was so much better

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak88 View Post
            it really is sad i dont get it original animation was so much better
            Yes it is.

But it's not the first time Disney has hit the Animation hard w/ bad news.
            Quote by Al:
            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
            -Al Lutz

Comment

Except that Winnie the Pooh was released last year, which would be after The Princess and the Frog.

Comment

Not entirely dead from what I hear. Supposedly the current project Ron Clements and John Musker have been working on is a 2D/CG hybrid.
                M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                sigpic
                Flickr

Comment

really well we just have to wait then

Comment

I want Disney to make the following movies and I want them to be 2D traditional animation:

* Hansel & Gretal
                    * Rumplestiltskin
                    * Princess & the Pea
                    * Red Riding Hood
                    * A Hispanic Princess (based on a Spanish fairytale)
                    * An Eastern European Princess (based on a Russian folktale)
                    * Tom Sawyer & Huck Finn (based on Mark Twain books)

After they make these movies they can do whatever they want because I will be out of ideas.

Comment

Traditional animation is alive and well at Disney. While the next few projects Disney has slated are CGI, there are a number of 2D and CGI/2D hybrid projects well into story development.

Comment

I don't think that's true, because tour guides are only there for the park, not the movies.
                        sigpic
                        Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
                        My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

Comment

This thread should be moved to movies.....
                          But anyway, in my opinion I don't understand why cgi is complained about. It can still tell a story, like art has different mediums(statues, paintngs, ect.) why is cgi looked down upon? I am fine with 2d animation, but I think it is a dying trend, like original black and white films.

---------- Post added 04-15-2012 at 04:23 PM ----------

Originally posted by DragoHarley View Post
                          I want Disney to make the following movies and I want them to be 2D traditional animation:

* Hansel & Gretal
                          * Rumplestiltskin
                          * Princess & the Pea
                          * Red Riding Hood
                          * A Hispanic Princess (based on a Spanish fairytale)
                          * An Eastern European Princess (based on a Russian folktale)
                          * Tom Sawyer & Huck Finn (based on Mark Twain books)

After they make these movies they can do whatever they want because I will be out of ideas.
                          Disney did a live action version of tom sawyer and huck finn back in the 90s.
                          Last edited by Spongeocto4; 04-15-2012, 04:24 PM. Reason: spelled 'back' as abck.

Comment

oh my mistake it was the lights camera magic tour that went to the animation studios

Comment

Howdy Pards,

Well...it's a strange, but true fact that cast members working at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure don't know everything there is to know about the Walt Disney Company. I can't understand why...but they don't.

Anyways, there are a good many champions of character animation done the "old fashioned way". They recognize that that sort of thing has always been the heart and soul of the Walt Disney Company.
                              And...we need to support those movies that are made the old fashioned way. Yep, that's the best way for us to show those fellers way up thar in the corporate chairs that they never should have closed down the Animation Department. Open it up again...hire artists...keep the dream alive...and teach the old
                              fashion character driven animation that touches the heart...that's what Disney is known for...and that's a legacy and a reputation worth keepin'...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
                              "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn
                              I can see the campfires smokin at the breaking of the dawn,
                              I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
                              I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X