No announcement yet.

Live-Action Dumbo planned

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Live-Action Dumbo planned

Live-Action 'Dumbo' in the Works From 'Transformers' Writer (Exclusive)

Disney is developing a live-action take on its 1941 animated classic Dumbo and has Transformers franchise writer Ehren Kruger penning the script.

Justin Springer, who worked on Tron: Legacy as well as Oblivion, is producing, as will Kruger.

The new take involves the adaptation of the original movie while adding a unique family story that parallels Dumbo's story. Also, the studio believes that because of the current state of CG technology, live-action movies featuring a soaring pachyderm (or any animal for that matter) are viable.

Among the projects in the pipeline, Disney has a live-action take on Cinderella opening March 13, is in preproduction on The Jungle Book that Jon Favreau is directing and just put Bill Condon on a live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast.
    Source: The Hollywood Reporter
    Live-Action 'Dumbo' in the Works From 'Transformers' Writer - Hollywood Reporter

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Re: Live-Action Dumbo planned

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr:

I need to stop reading things like this. Every time I do I get migraines from my eyes rolling out of their sockets.

Seriously, guys? Hey, why not reshoot Citizen Kane with Uwe Boll as director?
      Boggard LIEEEEF!

While I absolutely LOVE the original Dumbo, the idea of seeing a "live" elephant with proportionately huge ears would be not just a little disturbing. Hoping this gets shelved fairly quickly.
        Originally posted by migo
        I poop with joy!
        Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

"The happy haunts have recieved a faldric nomdage." ~Paul Frees

Originally posted by SOTSreleaseplease
          The more Paul Frees, the better I say.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.