Olszewski Disneyland Rides/Attractions/Buildings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MickeysImagination View Post
    Living in the MIdwest, it has been hard keeping tabs on re-releases, though it appears to be slow. Two pieces are all that is needed to at least complete Main Street: Plaza Inn and Plaza Pavilion. The ebay prices have been insanely high. Fantasyland is in good shape and I can wait on the rest.
    I'll be listing my Plaza Inn and Plaza Pavilion on ebay shortly, but they'll be at whatever price the auction dictates. I know it sucks, but it's hard to tell whether Disney will re-release at this point or not. Given that Bob has handed over the production reins directly to them, coupled with the fact that I'm pretty sure I saw the full Main St. set up that used to be in the Disney Gallery as part of the upcoming auction catalog, did not bode well for reissues of Main St. in my opinion..
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post

I'll be listing my Plaza Inn and Plaza Pavilion on ebay shortly, but they'll be at whatever price the auction dictates. I know it sucks, but it's hard to tell whether Disney will re-release at this point or not. Given that Bob has handed over the production reins directly to them, coupled with the fact that I'm pretty sure I saw the full Main St. set up that used to be in the Disney Gallery as part of the upcoming auction catalog, did not bode well for reissues of Main St. in my opinion..
      The feeling in my gut tells me that Disney has moved on from this product line. A few pieces will be kept around for a while, like HM and SBC. Others will just be discontinued. The market is relatively small to support all of these pieces in inventory. Doubt we will see the remaining Fantasyland pieces of King Arthur or Casey Jr.. The MK pieces seem to gone for the most part.

For me it is sad. Finally I have the time, space and financial resources to finish the collection and build out the display. Now I am torn if it makes sense to continue without the few remaining pieces, even at ebay prices.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeysImagination View Post

The feeling in my gut tells me that Disney has moved on from this product line. A few pieces will be kept around for a while, like HM and SBC. Others will just be discontinued. The market is relatively small to support all of these pieces in inventory. Doubt we will see the remaining Fantasyland pieces of King Arthur or Casey Jr.. The MK pieces seem to gone for the most part.

For me it is sad. Finally I have the time, space and financial resources to finish the collection and build out the display. Now I am torn if it makes sense to continue without the few remaining pieces, even at ebay prices.
        I'm right there with you. I also have the time, space and resources, but am missing the now hard to find pieces. I just received the lighted Main Street Road this week, but have no platform. I think that D23 this year will either show the release of the remaining Fantasyland pieces, or be a sign that the future of the collection is dead. I always post "Olszewski future" questions on the Disney blog site when merchandise announcements are made, with no response ever being given. If Disney management has dropped the program, I at least hope that they allow Bob to do a one time run of the remaining Fantasyland pieces like they allowed the production of the lighted Main Street Road. Those of us that are still interested in these collections should really keep communicating with Disney and Bob what we would like to see. Either in person in the Parks, through Merchandise Guest Services, on the Disney Merchandise Blogs, or through emails to Bob himself. Bob seems like a really good man, and obviously a great artist. Everytime I walk through the park I see so many things that I wish were made in miniature... I guess just not enough of us feel that way...

Comment

Bob is wonderful. Travis was too, he was a wealth of information.

You received the road already, that's terrific. I sent the final payment a few days back. Hopefully will see a shipping notice soon. Did you get a shipping notice? Cannot wait to receive it, then I will at least have accurate dimensions to layout the full of Main Street. Construction on the layout is scheduled to begin in March; or when my sister-in-law's family moves in to their newly built house and their stuff leaves my basement.

Comment

I managed to pick up the Main Street Platform, Lighting Kit, and Plexiglass Cover for $1,100... a pretty good deal I think... Anyone out there looking to sell Tree packs #1 and #3?

Comment

Recently there were several bargain prices on eBay. You must have been the benefactor? I am not selling my tree packs. Sorry.

Comment

Here we are a year later...still no news. I talked with Bob at D23 last July, and all he would say was that it was a good run... While he has definitely moved on from this collection, he did say that King Arthur's Carousel and Storybookland were ready to produce, IF the powers that be decided to do so. He also said that the person capable of making that decision was at D23, but would not give his/her name. Does anyone here know who is in charge of merchandise for the Disneyland Resort? I've been bugging Michelle Harker, but she is only in charge of Merchandise Communication I think...

Comment

Working...
                X