This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disneyland Shadowboxes by Dave Avanzino Available

Someone mentioned a Haunted Mansion one was coming out in early December, but, nobody seems to have answers as to whether this is really happening or not. Anyone know??? I am headed there a week from today, and would LOVE to get one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by All4dISNEY View Post
      I vote for New Orleans Square to be the first re-release!! I'm in line!
      Oh yeah! Me too! That's the one, out of the ones I don't have, that I want the very most of all. Sigh.

Comment

I've been looking into getting some of the DL Shadowboxes (if I can find them) and was wondering what would be a fair price for each of the "Lands"? Also, is this the list of Shadowboxes?

Main Street USA
        Tomorrowland
        Fantasyland
        Toontown
        Adventureland
        Frontierland
        Critter Country
        New Orleans Square
        Disneyland

Thanks in advance!
        Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauison View Post
          I've been looking into getting some of the DL Shadowboxes (if I can find them) and was wondering what would be a fair price for each of the "Lands"? Also, is this the list of Shadowboxes?

Main Street USA
          Tomorrowland
          Fantasyland
          Toontown
          Adventureland
          Frontierland
          Critter Country
          New Orleans Square
          Disneyland

Thanks in advance!
          Bump. Anyone?
          Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.

Comment

That's a hard question to answer.

You can still find Disneyland at the park for $75.

Frontierland, Adventureland and Main Street seem to pop up on EBay quite a bit.

NOS, Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are getting pretty hard to find. The last time I saw NOS on Ebay it went for over $800 ... and I don't remember the exact price, but Tomorrowland and Fantasyland were at about $600 each.

I don't know about the others.
            One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
            Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

Hard to say what a 'fair' price is. My 'fair' price might be hundreds of dollars away from someone else's idea of 'fair'. I can tell you $800 for New Orleans Square was past my pucker and I'm hoping next time one comes up for sale it doesn't go for more than that. Critter Country recently went for $152. All about supply and demand. There is very little supply since they are mostly sold-out (Disneyland, Tinkerbell, POTC, NBC can all still be had within the Disney shopping arenas).
              Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Any news on the Haunted Mansion shadowbox??? Anyone know??

Comment

The Disneyland shadowbox is and has been at Disneyland for about a month now. They have them in all 3 locations.

Comment

I cannot wait for the HM box to come out either. I go to the park just to see if they have it yet about twice a week. Daves work is just awesome. Since he has started this thread, maybe he will come back here and let us know any updates. I am very fortunate in that I have seen a picture of the HM box, and it blows my mind at how good it really is. Once you see it you too will want to get one immediately, it is my favorite! I have all the lands and the POTC and also NBC but this one that is coming out (hopefully really soon) just is awesome!!!!!

Comment

Guess its now been released as there is one on Ebay, that HM Shadowbox that is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Avanzino-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

dang, I cannot seem to be able to post the picture
                        Last edited by dcs287; 01-06-2008, 12:23 AM. Reason: picture didn't load right

Comment

I'm happy I did get the New Orleans Square shadowbox when I did! It was the one I was looking forward to most. The only problem now is that I need most of the rest of them. I was only able to buy "Disneyland", "Fantasyland", and "New Orleans Square". I'd LOVE for Disney to re-release these so I could finish the collection.
                          Meow

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                            I'm happy I did get the New Orleans Square shadowbox when I did! It was the one I was looking forward to most. The only problem now is that I need most of the rest of them. I was only able to buy "Disneyland", "Fantasyland", and "New Orleans Square". I'd LOVE for Disney to re-release these so I could finish the collection.
                            Me too because the Fantasyland just sold on Ebay for over $500, so, if you are looking to SELL yours...you could make some serious cash! ha! Especially the NOS and the FL.

Comment

I went on the familiar hunt for Dave's pieces last year ... I happened to be on Main Street when E-bay notified my cell phone and I won Tomorrowland ... the last one I needed to complete the set. I was hunting E-bay Japan, emailing Dave begging him to make just one more ... the whole enchilada! I was fortunate enough to have Dave sign them all for my daughter when I was still pregnant, she is now 4 months old. They are hanging proudly to scale of the DL map with the Kinkade castle in the center of her bedroom wall. She has no idea that it will all probably pay for part of her college one day.

I haven't read every post in this thread, but in case it hasn't been mentioned, AMS Character's warehouse has some. I know they have frontierland, and possibly toontown. I think there are some others not in the series. If you go online and find the AMS site, they will list all the phone numbers to the warehouses up and down the west coast and you can call to see if any are available ... Good luck all, I totally know how it feels!

PS Go to Dave's website and see the personalized names he does ... they are out of this world!
                              Blessings!

Comment

Originally posted by Pen and Inkwell View Post
                                If you go online and find the AMS site, they will list all the phone numbers to the warehouses up and down the west coast and you can call to see if any are available ... !
                                How long ago did you find Toontown at a Warehouse????? And, where?? I'd like to call them, but, don't want to call them ALL.

Thanks in advance. I am missing several of the early ones, but, don't have $500 to invest in one.

Comment

Yesterday I tried Fullerton, Pomona, Las Vegas and Salt Lake, and none of those four have any Avanzino shadow boxes. So, that will save you four phone calls They all indicated it had been months since they've had any, which was discouraging. It may not do any good, but I'm going to be writing Disneyland asking that they re-release these. $500+ for a $75 original price seems to indicate there may be a market. Wasn't the "Disneyland" one unavailable for a long time and now the park has it again? I ordered it last week from DelivEARS, so maybe they'll make others available again eventually? I'm really late to this game but would love to have most of them eventually.

Comment

Looks like someone has just put their collection on Ebay. Right now there's a Main Street, Fantasyland, Frontierland and Adventureland up for sale.

Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

I've only been aware of these for a couple weeks now, so I don't have a feel for the market. Does anyone have any info on the following:

Adventureland: I notice one went on 3/4 for $470. Is this typical or is it a case of one-time emotional bidding (I've been guilty of that before )?

Fantasyland: 2 auctions recently at $525 and $662. I'm guessing this is typical since there have been two?

Frontierland: Seems to be the lowest-priced and easiest to get. Should I be able to get one for $100 or less?

Main Street: Going prices lately? I don't see any completed on ebay in the last month, but I'm watching the two up now on ebay with great curiosity.

Critter Country, , Tomorrowland, Toontown & New Orleans: Also don't see any completed auctions, nor are there any up right now. Has anyone noticed if these have been auctioned lately? I am particularly interested in Critter Country and what the market is getting. Out of all of these, Critter Country is the one we like the most.

If the prices above are typical, I'll have to hope for re-releases at Disneyland sometime. While these pieces are awesome, they're not $500 awesome to me--at least not yet . Thanks in advance for any help!

Comment

As the person who won the $500 Fantasyland auction, that seems to be the going rate for that particular one. Adventureland is a gorgeous sign and will probably go for about the same.

I purchased Frontierland and Main Street at the Character Warehouse (a couple of years ago) so there may be more of those out there than the others.

Critter Country, from what I have seen, is probably the toughest to find. I have a feeling that it will sell for a bundle is ever on EBay.

Good luck!

Comment

Thank you so much for the info and the quick reply! Unfortunatley, that's the info I was anticipating. Congrats on winning Fantasyland!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X