This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

Los Angeles is just is the worst for collectors. we all just seem to live in the area so it's harder to get what you need.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ok here is a picture of all the Cars I picked up. Many are spoken for, but not all.

Comment

WOW! Congrats to all those that went to the K-mart event. Last Fall, we went to the first K-mart event. There was a raffle and quite a few people there. We still managed to get two complete sets for my sister and nephew. For this event, we really wavered about going to get the Cars, but we decided to wait since we were going camping in the afternoon.

On the way to our camp site, I thought it would be a good idea to go look for the Cars. When we got to there, we looked in the aisles for any leftover Cars. I assumed that they were completely sold out since I didn't see any. In the Fall, they sold out of most the Cars except the repeats. As we left the toy aisles, we saw three containers full of all the Cars. We got one of each new Car for my sister (sans a few extras since she doesn't care about the rubber tires). I got a Todd, the Pizza Planet Truck, for myself.

I wish I would have logged on Friday night or Saturday morning to see everyone's posts. There was a few more of all the Cars and one of the Mario Andretti's that we passed up since it was only chase packaging (besides the red rims). We went back this morning, and they were still there, but they were sold out of some of the race cars (definitely Clutch Aid and Lil' Torquey Pistons, not sure about the others) and Todd. The rest were still in the same containers.

Comment

Accidentally, double posted.

So that this won't be just a blank post, I'll add that I read about a third K-mart event on October 17th, which should include more racer cars with rubber tired.

Comment

According to my friends on Carsthetoys.com,

the Oct 17 K-Mart Day should have the following cars with rubber tires:
            Re-Volting
            Leak Less
            N2O Cola
            Octane Gain
            Rev-N-Go
            Vinyl Toupee
            Trunk Fresh

Comment

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
              According to my friends on Carsthetoys.com,

the Oct 17 K-Mart Day should have the following cars with rubber tires:
              Re-Volting
              Leak Less
              N2O Cola
              Octane Gain
              Rev-N-Go
              Vinyl Toupee
              Trunk Fresh

Hmm... a lot of repeat cars a lot of people already have. Don't think that event will be as popular.

Comment

Probably not, but I bet some of us will still be there. I felt it was a well organized event overall and I had fun going, even though what I was buying was not for me. Then again, maybe that is why I could enjoy it. It was not my money. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                  Hmm... a lot of repeat cars a lot of people already have. Don't think that event will be as popular.
                  But they feature rubber tires!!!! The popularity of this event depended upon your specific location. I read many stories from collectors where they were just part of a very small turnout or in some cases the only one who showed up at their local K-Mart for the Cars.

On a related note, I opened up Shifty Drug and the rubber tires aren't that much of a big deal to me. Getting it as a single pack and not having to buy a launcher was the real appeal.

Comment

I already bought a ton of launchers!

I'm going to stop now.

Comment

Here is a list of extras. If anyone is still looking for them, give me a PM.

Shifty Drug X2
                      Retread x1
                      Bumper Save x2
                      Mood Springs x2
                      Lil' Torquey Pistons x1
                      Vitoline Pitty x1
                      Clutch Aid x2
                      Tow Cap x2
                      No Stall x2
                      Easy Idle x1

Comment

Apparently, Sven the Governator is starting to show up (in the mega sized assortment). Seeing as how I haven't even seen Frank yet, it'll be a good 3 months before I'll get that one.

I finally saw the Lenticular eyed cars at TRU last Saturday. They're not as bad as I feared but still easy passes for me.

Unfortunately, with my collecting efforts so heavily reliant upon Target and with Target content to sit on the same pegwarmers for nearly 2 months now, I've been in an extreme dry spell, the KMart Cars day notwithstanding.

Comment

Apparently, Sven the Governator is starting to show up (in the mega sized assortment). Seeing as how I haven't even seen Frank yet, it'll be a good 3 months before I'll get that one.

I finally saw the Lenticular eyed cars at TRU last Saturday. They're not as bad as I feared but still easy passes for me.

Unfortunately, with my collecting efforts so heavily reliant upon Target and with Target content to sit on the same pegwarmers for nearly 2 months now, I've been in an extreme dry spell, the KMart Cars day notwithstanding.
                          Indeed, I'm in Pennsylvania, and I'm in the same problem. I check for new Cars at K-mart and Wal-mart. The newest ones that I've seen showed up just after Christmas, and I haven't seen a new car in ages (excluding the K-mart event). We didn't get the Lenticular eyed cars in our area. Without seeing them, they are an easy pass for my sister (since I'm getting them for her). Unfortunately, the closest Target is about thirty minutes from us so it'll be a little harder to get the newer ones. Thus far, we haven't resorted to getting any online, and we've done fairly well. However, things may change because of these lenticular eyes (and because I refuse to drive to Target unless I'm in the area) :unsure:

Comment

Even though I purchased them in February, I was able to successfully return my Tank Coat and Shifty Drug pit launchers back to Wal-Mart. They're still $9.97 and just WAY too much money for one new car.

I have kmart Shifty Drug now thanks to melonballer so i definitely don't need that one. Tank Coat.. well... i trust i'll be out eventually.

And Target seems to have raised the price of their pit launchers to $10.99. Do they really think they would sell any AT ALL??

Comment

I found Frank a few days ago at Fred Meyer, so he is hitting shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                                I found Frank a few days ago at Fred Meyer, so he is hitting shelves.
                                I found him too, a few weeks ago. I also saw the lenticular eyed- McQueen the other day, and I wasn't really impressed. I also found a 3-pack of the Spare-O-Mint race team recently too.

Comment

Somehow, those $10.99 Launchers are selling at my local Targets!

That's the same price as at the Disneyland resort shops btw.

Comment

Somehow, those $10.99 Launchers are selling at my local Targets!

That's the same price as at the Disneyland resort shops btw.

Well it's RIDICULOUS. Maybe if I was a kid and actually liked the launcher aspect, but even at that age, I KNEW math and that $10 is greater than 2 x $3.59. I'd RATHER have two cars.

But looking at the selection lately, sometimes you don't have a choice.

Comment

The second assortment of lenticular eyed Cars is starting to appear. While none of us seem to be interested in these, the Chase Car (has regular eyes) might be of interest - Dinoco McQueen with a piston cup trophy.

Comment

I picked up Saluting Sarge and Chase Ferrari today at Toys R Us. No sign of Dinoco Mc Queen. I hope I did not miss him.

Comment

$30 for the Comic Con Mater/Mia/Tia set???

I wasn't inclined to get it anyhow as they're not movie versions of the characters and I'm not looking to get any of the upcoming Cars Toons toys but at $30 it's an even easier pass for me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X