Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Mattel's Cars & Cars 2 - discussion

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

I agree, I think that set is well overpriced. $20 I could understand, $30 seems nuts.

Comment

Saw quite a few Hummer Svens in WDW this week. Would have picked some up if I knew anyone wanted one, but since I didn't have Internet, and since they were 9.95 (weren't sure if they jacked up the price) I decided to hold off.

My apologies to anyone who wanted one!
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I just found my Sven yesterday and my local Target had 6 of them so it looks like they're hitting in great quantities.

There were some cars revealed at comic con. Coheteboy has photos in his trip report and I will have some in mine as well.

Comment

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
          I just found my Sven yesterday and my local Target had 6 of them so it looks like they're hitting in great quantities.

There were some cars revealed at comic con. Coheteboy has photos in his trip report and I will have some in mine as well.
          Glad you got one Brand! And saw the photos from CB...looking forward to your TR too. But, I think Pizza Planet was my last Cars for now. We'll see what the sequel brings however.

Comment

If anyone still needs or wants any of the exclusive Cars from the Kmart event last month, let me know. I still have all of them and if I have not heard anything by the end of the week I am going to return them.

Comment

I found Sven AND Elvis RV today at Target! Made my day hahaha :oD

Comment

Originally posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
                I found Sven AND Elvis RV today at Target! Made my day hahaha :oD
                Congrats! I found a Sven last week but still haven't come across and Elvis RV or Frank yet. I'm glad to see Elvis is still hitting stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. G View Post
                  Congrats! I found a Sven last week but still haven't come across and Elvis RV or Frank yet. I'm glad to see Elvis is still hitting stores.
                  Yea, I guess he's still around.... that's the only time I've ever seen him on store shelves, so I don't know if other stores still have them. I got lucky, I guess. I found Frank a while back, at Target too lol.

Comment

I think Elvis is in the same assortment with Sven as I saw 2 of them on Saturday.

Comment

I think Elvis is in the same assortment with Sven as I saw 2 of them on Saturday.
                      While I saw plenty of Svens at WDW, I only saw Elvis twice, and Frank once. So, they are still out there, but are maybe more popular? I will saw they kept selling out at the cart I was watching them at.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                        While I saw plenty of Svens at WDW, I only saw Elvis twice, and Frank once. So, they are still out there, but are maybe more popular? I will saw they kept selling out at the cart I was watching them at.
                        I guess so! I almost didn't want to buy Sven because the real Governator is running my state into the ground but I haven't found any Cars I've needed since that K-mart Day so I figured why not?

Some of the newer Megas on display at Comic Con like the Crane and Bulldozer looked pretty nice. I was originally going to just stick to movie Cars and not the Cars Toons ones but I may make exceptions now.

Comment

Thanks for all the info on Elvis RV! Looks like I don't need to resort to ebay just yet. May need to start checking ebay deals for Frank.

Comment

I saw a bunch of lenticular eyes CARS at toysrus yesterday... and a chase card Ferrari with regular eyes.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                              I saw a bunch of lenticular eyes CARS at toysrus yesterday... and a chase card Ferrari with regular eyes.
                              I saw a bunch of them somewhere fairly recently.... can't really remember where though. It was the first time I'd seen them on CARS other than McQueen.... I still wasn't impressed. Not going to be buying those lol.

Comment

You know the one I was impressed with? DJ. That random blue racer that plays the CDs... he seems to have a better paint job now. But those eyes... eek.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I haven't seen him yet, with the eyes. I saw Mater, Guido, a bunch of McQueens, and a few others.... but not DJ. I'll keep an eye out for him. I think it might have been Boost I saw with the eyes... not quite sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. G View Post
                                    Thanks for all the info on Elvis RV! Looks like I don't need to resort to ebay just yet. May need to start checking ebay deals for Frank.
                                    Unless you can find a great deal on Frank, don't go to ebay just yet. The harder to find Mega Sized have always reappeared in other assortments like the Elvis RV is doing right now. Dustin Mellows used to be a tough find until recently so don't give up hope on Frank!

Comment

Unless you can find a great deal on Frank, don't go to ebay just yet. The harder to find Mega Sized have always reappeared in other assortments like the Elvis RV is doing right now. Dustin Mellows used to be a tough find until recently so don't give up hope on Frank!
                                      I second that! I found all the mega-sized cars (Mellows, Elvis RV, Sven, Frank, etc.) just by luck, being at Target or Wal-Mart at the right time pretty much. Just keep a weather eye out for them in your travels!

Comment

Originally posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
                                        I second that! I found all the mega-sized cars (Mellows, Elvis RV, Sven, Frank, etc.) just by luck, being at Target or Wal-Mart at the right time pretty much. Just keep a weather eye out for them in your travels!
                                        Hmmm...I never get lucky at my somewhat nearby Walmarts so maybe I should make the trip out to your local ones!

Comment

Thanks for the positive vibes! I'll get them eventually. I have an unwritten rule-of-thumb to not buy off ebay unless I can't find anything for 6 months after release--with the exception of finding a great deal if one exists--I don't mind paying an extra $1 or $2 including shipping to save the hunting time.

Happily, my local Smith's Marketplace had Launchers on sale for $3.40 each so I picked up RPM, Trunk Fresh & Leakless for the kids to play with

Comment

Working...
                                          X