Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Mattel's Cars & Cars 2 - discussion

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

I got sucked in again with the Mater shorts. When K-Mart had their most recent event, didn't find anything there, but I did get the 4 set with Dr Mater, mia and tia and the Helicopter, and the Rescue Squad set too. Added the car with the nurses hat. The final lap set has been difficult to find, (and the re-runs I'm not interested in) but was able to locate Blowing Bubble Maynard. Found a chase card with Saluting Sarge. And was able to find the set of 6 Christmas Cars at one of my local Super Targets. - Great Set!

Oh, stopped by The Disney Store yesterday, and they had some of their oversized cars (about 2 to 3 times the size of the Mattel's cars) that were rather interesting. Each was a set of two, 4 different cars from Snott Rod and his gang, which had lights - from under the cars. And then they had a Really nice set with Mater and McQueen as Matadors! Each set of 2 was $15.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 11-15-2009, 07:14 AM.
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Found the No Stall and RPM Haulers at Target today. They have a bunch of the Mater Saves CMas sets too. No sign of the cousins or showgirls yet for me.

Comment

I went to TARGET and saw a bunch of new random sets... all of which I still won't get.

There's a new 4pack with the lenticular eyes.. it's Lightning, King, Chick Hicks (once again) but with some other race car.. I wanna say Viewzeen.

Then there's another 4 pack with normal Lightning and Chick, but two race cars. I'm starting to lose track of what I have!

In other news, if you want a book resource with all the CARS name and then some, I saw this book at Barnes & Noble called PIXARPEDIA. It's a picture book of all the films and shorts and goes through characters, even the extras. It's $40, probably less on amazon. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
          I went to TARGET and saw a bunch of new random sets... all of which I still won't get.

There's a new 4pack with the lenticular eyes.. it's Lightning, King, Chick Hicks (once again) but with some other race car.. I wanna say Viewzeen.

Then there's another 4 pack with normal Lightning and Chick, but two race cars. I'm starting to lose track of what I have!

In other news, if you want a book resource with all the CARS name and then some, I saw this book at Barnes & Noble called PIXARPEDIA. It's a picture book of all the films and shorts and goes through characters, even the extras. It's $40, probably less on amazon. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
          Those Target Cars 4 packs are going to be on sale on Black Friday and the following Saturday for $7.49. The lenticular eyes one does indeed have View Zeen while one of the regular sets has Fiber Fuel.

Comment

Found the Chase Darrell Cartrip and the lenticular Purple Ramone & Cruisin' McQueen today. Still looking for the cousins & showgirls.

Comment

We've got the lousiest selections of Cars around here right now. It's mostly Lightning McQueen variations.

Comment

I had to visit 3 different Targets to find them but I got the Fiber Fuel and Vitoline 4 packs for 7.49 each.

Comment

Found the three new 3-packs of Storytellers: Showgirls, Cousins, and Bubba/Mater this morning.

Comment

Finally found the Christmas set in Target. I love it, but don't know if I'm willing to buy the set yet. Might wait for it as a Christmas present or see if it goes onsale after the season.
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I found the Walmart hauler today!

Comment

Not Mattel Cars, but I saw the 20 car set in the Disney Store today. Mater doesn't look quite right, and there are 2 different Lightnings, but overall not a really bad set.

Comment

I found a Richard Clayton Kensington (one of the Piston Cup Security Guards) at WalMart today. So he his now hitting the market.

Comment

So I saw a few StoryTellers cars I've never seen or heard of at Target before. One is named Cousin Jud and the other one is Cousin Buford. They didn't have the third Cousin Cletus.

Anyone know the story behind these Mater looking rusty race cars?

Comment

Cool..did know the Materdors were out.
                              besides Stunt mater and Materdor.. have the others been released in the tall tales
                              My Art site
                              http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
                                Cool..did know the Materdors were out.
                                besides Stunt mater and Materdor.. have the others been released in the tall tales

Rescue Squad Mater has been out. Actually, that's the one I see most often.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                                  So I saw a few StoryTellers cars I've never seen or heard of at Target before. One is named Cousin Jud and the other one is Cousin Buford. They didn't have the third Cousin Cletus.

Anyone know the story behind these Mater looking rusty race cars?
                                  They are Mater's cousins as seen in the Boom Studios Cars comics (and the Storytellers book I presume)

I found some more Final Lap cars at Target today and got Antonio Veloce Ecclelente, this white sports sedan.

Comment

I had a good hunt this morning. I found Richard Clayton Kensington, Dinoco Chick Eyes, and the Chase DJ w/Ransburg paint. I also picked up the 4 color-change cars but don't know if I'll keep them. They are very light (doubt there's much metal in them) and they rang up at $5.97. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. G View Post
                                      I had a good hunt this morning. I found Richard Clayton Kensington, Dinoco Chick Eyes, and the Chase DJ w/Ransburg paint. I also picked up the 4 color-change cars but don't know if I'll keep them. They are very light (doubt there's much metal in them) and they rang up at $5.97. Ouch.
                                      There's supposed to be 24 color change Cars in all. I'd return those.

Comment

I saw a photo of the Chase Ransburg DJ and it's really, really nice.

I still have yet to find the Chase Darrell Cartrip, however.

Comment

I got 3 Christmas singles on clearance for 2.99 each - Sally, Doc and Sheriff but best of all, I finally found Frank!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X