This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

Dale Jr. is very hard to get. I have been looking for months.

Comment

I found Guido today. One thing that bugs me about this one is that about a quarter of the front of the card is covered by a Warning/Choking Hazard labal. sure it's a choking hazard as it contains three parts, but does the warning really have to be that big and cover-up the art on the card?

Comment

I don't know if this is stateside as well, but here in BC, Toys R Us currently has Cars on sale for $1.97 this week.

Comment

I added Bob Cutlass and a second Tongue McQueen to my collection.

For some reason, the Cars on the World of Cars card are mislabeled here in Canada. All of the McQueens, whether its Bug Mouth McQueen or Tongue McQueen, they are all labeled Flash Lightning McQueen. The numbering does correspond to the right Car on the back though, it's just the title that is in error. So if there is anybody like Coheteboy that want to add something unique to their collection, do some shopping in Canada.

Comment

Haha, i think i'll pass!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I saw a few of the Cars Minis Screamin' Banshees at an LA area TRU a few days ago. It's large enough that it will work scalewise with the regular diecasts but it comes with a hefty pricetag of $33!!! I'd rather use that money towards an Interactive EVE from the Wall-E toy line.

Comment

I saw these at Target and they looked so awesome. I wanted to spend all my money on them, but Im trying to save up.

I am looking for VMK Cards! Please email me if you have some!

Comment

Fillmore lost his voice Rest in peace George. Thanks for the laughs.

Comment

BTW If you are looking for Yeti or Dale Earnhardt, it looks like they are shipping again. They seem to be in the new assortment with Stacy (one of Leakless' pit crew).

Comment

I found Van and the Dinoco pit crew member at Target. And this was at 8 pm no less!

Comment

I finally got a second Lizzie and a second Radiator Springs McQueen. These ones will be opened up and the Supercharged ones will stay sealed.

Any word yet if Sarge will be re-released?

Comment

I thought I'd post a few pics of how the World of Cars carded cars are mislabeled here in Canada. Here's Tongue McQueen:
                          Supercharged and World of Cars:

Closeup of label, number is right, label is wrong:

Anybody happen to know what the numbers are on Blu-Ray McQueen and the new Lightning Storm McQueen?

Comment

Here's an excerpt from my comic-con coverage. Cars fans have a lot to be happy about! Discuss!

CARS! I LOVE ME SOME DISNEY-PIXAR CARS!

No, it's not their best movie but gee, I don't know what it is about it. I like it and I love the toys. It's also fun that my good friend's son is so into it that I'm his official CAR purchaser. Seeing how excited he gets and how he loves to keep the packaging... I'm so proud.

Anyhoo... to start things off, it's DARTH MATER!!!

This is something that the mattel design team cooked up and it's gonna be sold for all the right reasons.

What's so special about it besides that it's the only one ever made? Well check out the people who signed it!

Yup, that's George Lucas and John Lasseter. Now THAT is a collectible!

Getting back to the regular Cars line, there's a lot to see. There's a ton of cars that I actually don't recognize.

Who are those cars??? Does anyone know? Are they from the video game?

Ok here's the real ones!

Cars with the boot are going to be chase figures. Translation: RARE

CARS with the Piston Cup are also chase figures... RARE!

NEW mack truck

A new Ramone:

This one cracks me up...

New updated helicopter

Updated Al Blimp and of course the Pizza Planet Truck!

Bunch of little helpers:

Plenty of trucks!

Sarge salutes.... hopefully not poisonous

Muddy McQueen

Not exactly sure what this one is about:

Uh oh!

Cozy Cone Sally

A Crew Chief

Lightning shopping around

Lightning with a bush on his head

A Variation on the Mack truck

Messed up King!

Another crew chief

Another truck

A fan of the King

Closer look at the Wal-Mart exclusive Truck

Lightning McQueen fan and race official

Alright NOW we're done with CARS. And yes FRANK is indeed in the works! I spoke to them in great lengths about it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Love the Pizza Planet truck and Elvis. I thought I was done collecting, but can't pass those up!

thanks for the updates!
                              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I LOVE the Darth Matar vehicle, too bad it's only an auction item.

I hope the Muddy McQueen turns out as good as the sample you saw.
                                (The Cactus McQueen preview sample I saw was MUCH nicer than the
                                ones with the sloppy paint job that ended up in the stores.)

Oh! I really need a Pizza Planet Truck!!!!!

And there was one other you had pictured in the Comic Con thread,
                                a McQueen in a case ! That one was cool, too! I'd love to find one like that.
                                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                                  I
                                  And there was one other you had pictured in the Comic Con thread,
                                  a McQueen in a case ! That one was cool, too! I'd love to find one like that.
                                  If it was the blue storm McQueen, I believe that was a Comic Con exclusive. It might show up online, but it'll be expensive and not in general release.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                                    If it was the blue storm McQueen, I believe that was a Comic Con exclusive. It might show up online, but it'll be expensive and not in general release.
                                    yeah, that's the one. I see ebay has them going with delivery, in the $40 to $50 range (and up)
                                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                                      yeah, that's the one. I see ebay has them going with delivery, in the $40 to $50 range (and up)
                                      Yeah. I'm glad I finally have a chance to relax from heavy collecting and being only an occassional collector. Although, when the new Nightmare Before Christmas figures produce a Sandy Claws, I will have to pick that up.

Comment

wow some great cars..... i love when a bunch of cars come out like that because parents need to buy them all..... that means my sales go up up UP!
                                        Think i will need to buy some too..... Great pics. thank you
                                        Snacks
                                        Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

• Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                                          Lightning Storm McQueen will in fact be a regular retail release but without the shiny paint and without the missile mount on top. I'm surprised Coheteboy missed the photo of it but here's one that I took

Comment

Working...
                                          X