• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coheteboy
    replied
    Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
    For those of us that are just looking to get one of each character from the Cars2 line, I'd recommend the TRU exclusive 5 packs as a starting point They're on sale this week for $15.99 which is a better value than getting all those cars as singles.

Also, TRU has an exclusive McQueen with metallic finish so keep an eye out for those.

Those Lego sets look quite tempting, especially the V8 Cafe!

That's weird. The TRU i went to had them still listed at $22.99. Even when I scanned them! But I'm conflicted as to which exclusive sets to get because I'm tired of getting Lightning McQueen already! I think the TRU sets only had one exclusive car in there didn't they?

Here's so far what I did get:

SINGLES - $3.99 each ($4.14 at Toys'R'Us)
    -#5 Holley Shiftwell
    -#6 Professor Z
    -#12 Acer

DELUXE - $7.99 each
    -Red
    -Double Decker Bus

TWIN PACKS - $7.99 each ($8+ at ToysRUs)
    -Mater / Zen Master Pitty (exclusive car)
    -Darrel Cartrip / Brent Mustangburger (exclusive car)
    -Grem / "Damaged" Rod Torque Redline (exclusive car)
    -Luigi & Guido / Uncle Topolino (exclusive car)
    -Finn McMissile / Tomber (exclusive car) - purchased weeks ago for $10

EXCLUSIVES
    -Toys'R'Us Lighting McQueen w/ Metallic Finish - $6.99
    -Target Racing 4-Pack: Lightning McQueen, Max Schnell, Jeff Corvette, Carla Veloso - $18.99
    -Target Racing 4-Pack: Francesco Bernoulli, Shu Todoroki, Nigel Gearsley, Raoul CaRoule - $18.99

There's a THIRD Target Racing 4-Pack with the unfortunate combination: Lightning McQueen, Francesco Bernoulli, Shu Todoroki, and one exclusive vehicle unavailable anywhere else (Miguel Camino). It's making it a real pain to to "collect them all" without having any duplicates.

so far I'm missing:
    -Race Team Fillmore
    -#15 Race Team Sarge
    -#16 Rod Torque Redline (normal - easy to find just haven't picked it up)
    -#17 Miles Axelrod
    -Deluxe Kingpin Nobunaga
    -#18 Petrov Trunkov
    -Miguel Camino

But searching Ebay I found an upcoming 3packs release so... maybe you should decide if these "Character Stars 3packs" fit your fancy:
    -Mater, Lightning, Double Decker Bus
    -Grem, Professor Z, deluxe submarine Finn McMissle
    -Acer, Petrov, Holley Shiftwell w/ spy wings

there's also special Wal-Mart 2packs!
    -Finn McMissile w/ weapon & Grem
    -Mater w/ spy glasses & Acer

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

I went to TARGET and a scalper was out in full force. Filled his shopping basket.

I bought a few things.... Target had these Race Car 4packs, one of which included Lightning. I also bought the Deluxe carded RED.

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

For those of us that are just looking to get one of each character from the Cars2 line, I'd recommend the TRU exclusive 5 packs as a starting point They're on sale this week for $15.99 which is a better value than getting all those cars as singles.

Also, TRU has an exclusive McQueen with metallic finish so keep an eye out for those.

Those Lego sets look quite tempting, especially the V8 Cafe!

Leave a comment:

• justjohn
    replied

I'll swing by and take a look! Thanks for the tip! From what I'm seeing, the british flag Ramone is a Disney Store exclusive as well.

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
    its paired up with daryll cartrip i think... it must be the exclusive then.
    Hey justjohn, is it Brett Mustangberger that you're talking about? Disney Store has a slightly larger scaled version of him for $6.50.

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

I just ordered the TRU exclusive Ransburg McQueen + McMissile/Tomber (along with some Star Wars figures).

Leave a comment:

• justjohn
    replied

Got a 2010 Canada Convention Ramone for $16 shipped on eBay. Its supposed to be 1/25 so it looks like a custom. There is another listed at $100 so I probably got a decent deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-PIXAR-Cars-...c#ht_500wt_689

This guy has another convention ramone listed. Nice blue with flames but I'm not spending $100 on a car.
    Last edited by justjohn; 05-09-2011, 05:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• justjohn
    replied

its paired up with daryll cartrip i think... it must be the exclusive then.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
    I NEED the british flag Ramone!

They've hit our local WalMart now. Need to get the 65 mustang for
    Bree as a single. They only had it in a 2 pack

The two packs include ONE exclusive car. Not sure if the 65 mustang or the other car is the single as of yet.

Leave a comment:

• justjohn
    replied

I NEED the british flag Ramone!

They've hit our local WalMart now. Need to get the 65 mustang for
    Bree as a single. They only had it in a 2 pack

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
    When will target and walmart be able to put out the newest cars?

I believe the street date is May 15 or 16.

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied

When will target and walmart be able to put out the newest cars?

Leave a comment:

• Dr. G
    replied

Coheteboy: Nice score! Tomber makes me laugh--the word means "To Fall" in French

I found the first 10 singles of Cars 2 at a Family Dollar, but they were $5. May not keep them when the big release happens in a couple weeks. I'm still trying to figure out the most efficient way to purchase these (singles, 2-packs, 3-packs, etc) to avoid getting too many duplicates.

Leave a comment:

• Melonballer
    replied

YES! A Robin Reliant! I hope he falls over as funnily as he did in that episodes of Top Gear.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Here's Barry Diesel...he's actually pretty good scale. Almost bigger than the haulers.

And... I got this from scalpers.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. G
    replied

Glad I'm not the only one who picked up one of those puppies on clearance without knowing what to do with it

Barry Diesel arrived today from MattyCollector. He looks cool, but rather pricey with the shipping, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

My local Targets are completely wiped clean of their CARS product. I was able to snag one more set (the one with all the cameracars and photogs) for only $15 which is 50% off. Dunno what I'll do with it yet.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. G
    replied

I decided to call Disneyland Delivears about the 3 Cars and found out, at least for now, that they are only available at WDW. So I ordered them via phone and can check that off the list

Leave a comment:

• Dr. G
    replied

Nothing new here lately. I did get Barry Diesel ordered and he should be here soon. No sign of Miles or Leroy Traffik w/snow tires. I keep checking the Target codes at my local store to see if Cars 2 stuff is in back but no luck. I've got a friend headed to Disneyland next weekend and have asked him to look for Pirate Mater, Goofy Mater & Mickey McQueen for me. Anyone seen those at DL yet? He'll be in the Parks the first week of May.

That's about it. I'm expecting to see a lot of cars mid-May, and hope some of those are from the original Cars movie too

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Whoa, didn't know those were out already.
    They're not supposed to be but that particular Target location had no other Cars product to fill the shelves with and so they put them out early.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X