X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

Originally posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    How do you get all these new ones?? Whenever I go to Wal-Mart, it's always the same, older cars, ones that I have already. And Target is HORRIBLE for Cars cars. I've barely found any there.

Best time to get new cars is in the morning. I was late for work one morning and I thought "what the heck... what's an extra 10 minutes gonna be?" so I went into Wal-Mart and there was both Axle Accelerator (three of em) and a Leroy Traffik.... and TONS of lightning mcqueen variants.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
      Best time to get new cars is in the morning. I was late for work one morning and I thought "what the heck... what's an extra 10 minutes gonna be?" so I went into Wal-Mart and there was both Axle Accelerator (three of em) and a Leroy Traffik.... and TONS of lightning mcqueen variants.
      I'll vouch for this. I went this morning to pick up some packing supplies and figured I might as well look, even though I'm only looking for Pizza Planet. They had Kathy Kopter, Ferrari, Leroy Traffik, Hamm, and the race officials 3 pack (Tow, Tom, and Al Oft)
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I found the 3 packs with Team No Stall and Tean Shiny Wax today at Fred Meyer in Bremerton.

Comment

At Walmart, I got Sally w. cone and Dexter Hoover (Piston Cup official w. flag)

Comment

I had a great time at the Kmart Cars collector event today!

Here's my haul

Comment

WOW! I didn't even know any of those existed yet! How do you find these??? Edwin Kranks looks realllllllllly cool (I think his last name is Kranks, if I'm seeing it right in the pic lol). Great finds!

Comment

Anybody have any creative ways of displaying your Cars? I'd be interested in seeing your displays.

Right now I got all my sealed Cars in a box, as well as the majority of my opened ones. I might be relocating to Calgary in the coming months so I started to put things away in case I have to move. Once I get settled n somewhere in my own place I'm going to put together some display case for them (along with my Indiana Jones stuff ).

Comment

Originally posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
                  WOW! I didn't even know any of those existed yet! How do you find these??? Edwin Kranks looks realllllllllly cool (I think his last name is Kranks, if I'm seeing it right in the pic lol). Great finds!
                  Those were all released at K-marts nationwide today. And the name is indeed Edwin Kranks on the one car you were talking about.

Btw, carsthetoys.com is where I keep up with all the latest developments in the Cars toy line.

Barbossa, my cars, for the most part are stored just like yours - in boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
                    Those were all released at K-marts nationwide today. And the name is indeed Edwin Kranks on the one car you were talking about.

Btw, carsthetoys.com is where I keep up with all the latest developments in the Cars toy line.

Barbossa, my cars, for the most part are stored just like yours - in boxes.
                    Ohhhh I see.... I don't have a K-mart near me, they all went out of business around my area years ago. Too bad..... I'll just have to wait patiently for them to show up one by one at Target and Wal-Mart.

Comment

I had a great time at the Kmart Cars collector event today!

Here's my haul

Sigh. I was in Vegas this weekend so I couldn't go. I need all of those except for Shiny Wax!

Comment

Sigh. I was in Vegas this weekend so I couldn't go. I need all of those except for Shiny Wax!
                        Well I think Sparemint is going to be in a 3 pack with his pit boss and a pitty. I can look for the rest for you tomorrow if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                          Well I think Sparemint is going to be in a 3 pack with his pit boss and a pitty. I can look for the rest for you tomorrow if you want.

That'd be great! And hmm... i wonder if every race car will be released as a 3pack with their crew chief and pitty. I guess until I hear about it, I'm gonna have to get all the race cars.

Comment

That'd be great! And hmm... i wonder if every race car will be released as a 3pack with their crew chief and pitty. I guess until I hear about it, I'm gonna have to get all the race cars.
                            Well the sparemint 3 pack was pictured on hte back of one of the 3 packs I sent you. Not sure about the others. I will check my local kmart and see if they have any in the next day or so.

Comment

Well, you probably won enough money in Vegas to buy these, right?

Not every racer will have a 3 pack with crew chief and pitty. At least the Apple racer will not as Mattel responded in a Q&A that due to legal/contractual matters, they won't be able to release it anytime soon.

Comment

Not every racer will have a 3 pack with crew chief and pitty. At least the Apple racer will not as Mattel responded in a Q&A that due to legal/contractual matters, they won't be able to release it anytime soon.
                                Has the Apple racer been released? Was it one of the Kmart Cars released last weekend?

Edit; Nevermind. I just saw he was in the big raceway set
                                Last edited by Melonballer; 10-20-2008, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                                  Has the Apple racer been released? Was it one of the Kmart Cars released last weekend?

The Apple car was released in the massive Speedway of the South set exclusive to hot wheels online whatever it was. I didn't buy it because it was like a few hundred dollars.

In retrospect, I shoulda because it sells for over a thousand now. The apple car goes on ebay for about $80.

Comment

The Apple car was released in the massive Speedway of the South set exclusive to hot wheels online whatever it was. I didn't buy it because it was like a few hundred dollars.

In retrospect, I shoulda because it sells for over a thousand now. The apple car goes on ebay for about $80.
                                    Maybe. Still I think it will happen one day. I mean they will probably be making toys based off Cars for years to come and someday Mattel with be able to convince Apple to do it.

Has there ever been a toy line based off a movie that has done this well (except Star Wars of course).

Comment

I went to Toys'R'Us and noticed that there's another promotion going on to buy 5 cars from them to redeem another exclusive racer.

N20 COLA is the race car. He's #68. The good thing about this one is that they're allowing you more than 2 months to hunt as the promotion ends on 12/31/08.

Comment

Couple of notes about new finds. My local Target had the Storytellers wave. It's a kind of prequel to Cars based on a children's book.

Also WalMart had got the larger scale Cars, Like the biplane and fighter jet. There are six in the wave and they had all six.

Comment

I bought a Ron Hover and a Storytellers Swell Smell McQueen from Target today.

Yes, the Storytellers singles are priced rather high at 5.99 but they're already NCF (non carry forward) on the tags and so I have a feeling they won't be available for very long.

Comment

Working...
                                          X