X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melonballer
    replied
    Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

My Kmart got 18 cases in. They raffled them too. There was 1 family of 5 that each had a ticket and they all got called before me. Sigh. I did get a case, but was the last person called. They actually had a few extra cases so, no worries. I noticed that there was some cherry picking of the Mario Andretti Chase car as he was the only Car I could not get an extra of.

Then they raffled a poster with all the Mattel Cars on it. I got 1 of those. Then they raffled the rest of the cases.

I was able to get extras of all but the Mario Andretti. I have sent out messages to a couple people, but after they respond, I will post what I have left. They will be available on a first come first served basis. I only want back what they cost me, so basically cost + tax + shipping. I will consider trades.

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied

Went and am back. They did a raffle, and I was the fifth one called, which wasn't too bad. They gave me a case, and all I was looking for was Todd, the Pizza Planet truck. Luckily, there was one in the case I got. If there was more, I would have bought for anyone here, but the way the cases were going, I don't think there was going to be much left, so I left with my one car, which people couldn't believe. :lol:

Don't even know who else was in the case; I just saw the back of the truck and that was my only mission.

Leave a comment:

• Melonballer
    replied

If I get any extras I will be sure to let you all know.

Leave a comment:

• Barbossa
    replied

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
    Good luck to anyone else going to K-Mart Cars day tomorrow!

Depending on how many people show up, they may distribute raffle tickets so it may be wise to get there around 10 or 10:30.
    Wah *crying like a baby* We used to have Kmarts here in Canada, but thanks to Walmart, they shut down.

Leave a comment:

• Melonballer
    replied

Wow. I thought it started at store open. Ok that is much better. Now I do not have to get up at 7am.

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

Good luck to anyone else going to K-Mart Cars day tomorrow!

Depending on how many people show up, they may distribute raffle tickets so it may be wise to get there around 10 or 10:30.

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied

Hopefully I'll get me a Pizza Planet truck then, as it's the only car I'm still interested in!

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

I'm just so not close to Kmart anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Melonballer
    replied

Hey everyone! Next weekend (June 20th) they are hving another Cars event at Kmart with new cars. Here is a link.

DISNEY CARS KMART DAY EVENT JUNE 20th, 2009 Just JDM

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

I have to go see these lenticulars for myself. I know they looked bad in the photos but they must be really horrible based on reactions that I've read here and on other sites.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
    But the chase cars in that assortment are regulars! Don't tell me you passed those up. I think it's a chase Sarge btw.
    Anything good was picked clean.

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
    On a related note, I went to Walmart today and saw an entire case of the cars with the new lenticular eyes. Horrible looking. Easy pass.
    But the chase cars in that assortment are regulars! Don't tell me you passed those up. I think it's a chase Sarge btw.

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied

I saw the lenticular eyes McQueen at a Wal-Mart, here in Phoenix. UGH-Leeeeee!
    Last edited by Aladdin; 06-10-2009, 07:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• justjohn
    replied

We went to Frank and Sons and I found Wedding Day Ramone. They had the 3-pack Retro, but I want to find it as a single.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

On a related note, I went to Walmart today and saw an entire case of the cars with the new lenticular eyes. Horrible looking. Easy pass.

Leave a comment:

• Barbossa
    replied

In a 2nd hand store, I found these: McQueen and Mater key/zipper chains with light-up headlights. (I know, they ain't Mattel, but they are Cars)

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

While this isn't etched in stone yet, it's not pleasant news for the Cars line.

Mattel is going to make another line with lenticular eyes while the main line we're collecting is going to be Target exclusive.

So about me dropping the line after getting Pizza Planet and Frank, the Big M might be making that decision for me!

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
    I need a Retro Ramone and a Wedding Day Ramone. Am I going to find these on the shelf in the stores or do I need to go to the collectors for these cars?

I think Retro Ramone was the one that came with one of the Storyteller packs right? He was red with yellow highlights.

Ah yes... he was released both individually and in a 3pack. As was Wedding Day Ramone.

Cars Drive In Gallery - Free Reference Guide for Characters from the Disney Pixar movie Cars!

I'll keep an eye out for you, John as I frequent Frank n sons from time to time. do you have a price that you absolutely will not pay for? I recall these being $6 for the singles, $11 for the 3 packs when they were first released.

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
    I need a Retro Ramone and a Wedding Day Ramone. Am I going to find these on the shelf in the stores or do I need to go to the collectors for these cars?
    I've lost track of Ramone repaints so I'm not sure which one is "Retro". Wedding Day is gone from store shelves (it was only released at Target) however.

You may want to try the classifieds at carsthetoys.com. There are a lot of collectors there that may have extras for sale.

Leave a comment:

• justjohn
    replied

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X