• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Just a Duffy photo to share:

Relaxing with the two.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Another old Duffy photo: Duffy tried and tried, but never could get the sword out of the stone!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	363 (480x640) (450x600).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	7347864
      Luv Duffy & Shellie May
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
        Yeah, I do wish this year's apron was removeable, so that ShellieMay would have the pink dress. I suppose it's still doable without the hat, but it definitely has a "look" that doesn't go with lots of her other separates. But I still love it, don't get me wrong!
        I have to admit to being both confused and disappointed by this. I wish I could just understand why??

This year's Sweet Duffy is my favorite Duffy event ever, for many reasons, but Shellie's attached apron is the unwelcome distraction. It just doesn't make sense to me. Looking closely at the construction, the apron is even lined on the underside and invisible seams are finished carefully. This clearly was not about cutting costs.

So why then? I dunno. I really can't understand it. And since the red ribbon accents on the dress are exactly the same red as last year, it would be so nice to use last year's pink apron with this year's pink dress. The same way you could use last year's brown dress with the brown apron from 2011 to create a kind of monochrome look.

I can see that they wanted this year's apron to be a button-on pinafore rather than a tie-behind-the-neck apron. That's clearly a design choice, and a fun one. The problem is, those buttons are sewn on top. This would actually be fairly easy to fix, but the belt of the apron is actually sewn into the gathered seam at the waistline of the dress. This would require skill that leans toward reconstruction rather than alteration. This choice really is inexplicable to me. It makes this dress/apron the one Sweet Duffy release in four years that is not fully swappable. There must be some reason for it, but I have no idea what it could be.

By the way, Naelyan, that's a cute photo. I wish we had that Excalibur photo spot in Fantasyland here.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
          By the way, Naelyan, that's a cute photo. I wish we had that Excalibur photo spot in Fantasyland here.
          My Duffy tried this too back in November:

Sadly, he didn't have any luck either.

Anyhow....

Duffy was hanging out with Chandler last night... much to Chandler's chagrin.

Shellie May is ready for spring.

Comment

Aimster, I just found the same outfit (Hawaiian shirt with shorts) on a bear at Goodwill a few weeks ago and bought it for Lil D. How funny!

Also LOVE Shellie's dress and hat. I have a dress in that same style but different floral pattern (I love your rose pattern much more!) that I found for Duffette, sans hat. Where did you get it?

Comment

Oh my goodness, Aimster. This has to be one of the cutest pics of Shellie May that I've ever seen! Is this outfit another example of your aunt's work? Absolutely gorgeous. And Duffy and the sword? So creative. I really love the glasses on Duffy, too. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                Aimster, I just found the same outfit (Hawaiian shirt with shorts) on a bear at Goodwill a few weeks ago and bought it for Lil D. How funny!

Also LOVE Shellie's dress and hat. I have a dress in that same style but different floral pattern (I love your rose pattern much more!) that I found for Duffette, sans hat. Where did you get it?
                Originally posted by TNutter View Post
                Oh my goodness, Aimster. This has to be one of the cutest pics of Shellie May that I've ever seen! Is this outfit another example of your aunt's work? Absolutely gorgeous. And Duffy and the sword? So creative. I really love the glasses on Duffy, too. Thanks for sharing.
                Both the Hawaiian outfit and Shellie May's dress/hat came from Busch Gardens. They have a small "Build An Animal" thingy in one of the gift shops and a small selection of costumes. I got the Hawaiian one for Duffy a couple years ago. My mom got Shellie May the dress/hat for Christmas. The dress is kind of big, but a few safety pins fixed that (since I can't sew to save my life).

Comment

Yeah I figured the Hawaiian outfit was from a Build a Bear style company, but wasn't sure where the dress came from. I had to sew the dress up a little to fit Duffette better (I can't really sew very well either, but I get by). Had no idea it originally came with a hat, that is too cute!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    My Duffy tried this too back in November:
                    Duffy was hanging out with Chandler last night... much to Chandler's chagrin.

Chandler and my Snickers are twins!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20121113_193930.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	7347868

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
                      Chandler and my Snickers are twins!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27084[/ATTACH]
                      Similar but not quite. Chandler has a white chest & tummy and white paws.

Comment

Time to share a Duffy/ShellieMay photo:

We have seen various official accessories for Duffy and ShellieMay's outfits. So, I decided to sketch out a concept drawing. Here are Duffy and ShellieMay's very own cell phones.

Their cell phone designs were based on the latest cell phone models seen in Japan. Duffy's is based on the latest Japanese smartphones based on their traditional layout. His phone has a background that shows his Mickey Paws and on the back is his silhouette.

ShellieMay's cell phone is based on the traditional clam-style cell phone. They are still in use in Japan. Her phone has a background that shows her heart-shaped heart cockle seashell, and when closed it shows the Mickey Paw Marks.

Finally, the two have their cell phone charm straps: Duffy's is the message bottle and ShellieMay's is the heart cockle seashell.

What do you guys think about this?

Comment

What is this? A brightly colored egg? I wonder what is inside?

Surprise! It is Duffy Bear!

Isn't he just a little ham bone? Or should I say chicken bone?

Duffy is also accompanied by a very pastel colored Mickey.

But what is this? A stylish St Patrick's Day outfit for my 17" Duffy is also available? Hazzah!

What a fine addition to the Duffy wardrobe. Nothing lame about it at all.

So long Duffy Lover's! I have a date with a duck!

sigpic

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by messica View Post
                            So long Duffy Lover's! I have a date with a duck!

TOO CUTE!!:thumbup:

Comment

How much is the St. Patrick's day outfit?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by messica View Post
                                But what is this? A stylish St Patrick's Day outfit for my 17" Duffy is also available? Hazzah!

I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning!!
                                Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                                sigpic

Comment

The St Patrick's Day outfit is $20. It is cute and the jacket is so soft!
                                  sigpic

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks

sigpic

Comment

messica, I love your Duffy with his Donald suite. Did you make it?

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                        Similar but not quite. Chandler has a white chest & tummy and white paws.
                                        ah ok...i couldn't see his chest and tummy

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
                                          ah ok...i couldn't see his chest and tummy
                                          They do look really similar, though. My cat looks like that, too. He said he wants to be twinses!

Comment

Working...
                                          X