Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Since the clock is winding down on this Mardi Gras season (and now that we have a chance to finally rest after three weeks of partying), Duffy and Shellie May wanted to show off some of the swag we caught during all the Mardi Gras festivities!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00925 (640x480) (560x420).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	7347980
    You can see three (3) of our new friends, a Hermes Gargoyle and two (2) Orpheus Leviathans. We caught some footballs, some Bacchus grape cluster beads, Mardi Gras cluster beads, Saints beads, a Tucks toilet squirt toy, another pair of Tucks toilet seat sunglasses, some Zulu coconuts (hooray!!), a Proteus LED trident, an Orpheus LED tambourine, and a whole bunch more. (We have six (6) filled-to-the-brim bags, so showing more would take forever).

Name:	DSC00929 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	7347981
    (So you can actually see the light-up/LED throws shine)

(Video of the light-up/LED throws in action in case anyone would like to see)
    Last edited by ZTRinZler; 02-12-2013, 09:53 PM. Reason: Oops, forgot to upload the video.

Comment

Awesome swag! I love the Orpheus Leviathans! One of them looks like an Ikea plush dragon I got a few years ago, but it doesn't have glow eyes.

Comment

Thank you, dazyhill! The Orpheus Leviathan is a coveted throw. Only members from the Leviathan float throw them, and you have to either hold a sign or shout "Throw me a Leviathan!" in order to get one. And even doing that does not guarantee a leviathan. It's not quite on the same scale as the Zulu coconut or the Muses shoe (oh no, I forgot to show off the shoe--oh well), but when you get two (2) bags filled with LED/light and plain Leviathans, everybody wants them.

Comment

Cool stuff! Looks like you had a great haul!
          Luv Duffy & Shellie May
          sigpic

Comment

I got Moe's for dinner the other night. Of course, Duffy tried to commandeer the bag.

What's in here?

BURRITO!!

Comment

OMG Ztrinzler, that is an amazing Mardi Gras haul! I love that glowing eyed gargoyle. The throw looks very cool, and what a neat thing for Duffy to play and snuggle with.

Aimster, I'm not sure how your Moe's is, but the one I've been to was kind of funny. Every time anybody walks in, all the employees yell out, "welcome to Moe's!", and then if you give them a tip, they had this really annoying ship's bell that they would ring. It was kind of like Cold Stone, where they sing if you tip them. It's funny, because I went to Moe's with friends, and one of them actually told the employee at the bell that he would tip him NOT to ring the bell. But, a minute later, the guy rang the bell anyway...oops!
              Meow

Comment

Yeah our Moe's they yell "Welcome to Moe's!" which always cracks me up, so I usually respond with "Hello Moe's!" which usually gets them laughing. Does your Moe's have a Coke Freestyle machine? Ours does and OMG... greatest invention ever! I got Sprite with peach flavor and it was AMAZEBALLS! They also had options for lime, orange, cherry, vanilla, strawberry or raspberry flavor (they also had lemon flavor available for Coke/Diet Coke). But that Sprite with peach... oh man I could have drank a gallon of it. YUM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                  ...Does your Moe's have a Coke Freestyle machine? Ours does and OMG... greatest invention ever! I got Sprite with peach flavor and it was AMAZEBALLS! They also had options for lime, orange, cherry, vanilla, strawberry or raspberry flavor (they also had lemon flavor available for Coke/Diet Coke). But that Sprite with peach... oh man I could have drank a gallon of it. YUM!!!
                  OMG, aimster, that sounds awesome. I only drink one (1) or two (2) soft drinks per week, but if more restaurants offered machines with customizable flavor combinations, well...yeah, I'd probably be fat and addicted to soft drinks.

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                  Aimster, I'm not sure how your Moe's is, but the one I've been to was kind of funny. Every time anybody walks in, all the employees yell out, "welcome to Moe's!", and then if you give them a tip, they had this really annoying ship's bell that they would ring. It was kind of like Cold Stone, where they sing if you tip them. It's funny, because I went to Moe's with friends, and one of them actually told the employee at the bell that he would tip him NOT to ring the bell. But, a minute later, the guy rang the bell anyway...oops!
                  That is a very big oops indeed! Haha!:lmao: Maybe your friend should have asked for his tip back.

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                  OMG Ztrinzler, that is an amazing Mardi Gras haul! I love that glowing eyed gargoyle. The throw looks very cool, and what a neat thing for Duffy to play and snuggle with.
                  Oh yes, Duffy and Shellie May are enjoying their new friends from Mardi Gras. In fact, my bed got a little more crowded last night when Etien (the gargoyle), Levi (plain, non-LED Leviathan plush), Vypra (LED Leviathan plush), and Jormun (small Leviathan plush) decided to sleep with us.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    Yeah our Moe's they yell "Welcome to Moe's!" which always cracks me up, so I usually respond with "Hello Moe's!" which usually gets them laughing. Does your Moe's have a Coke Freestyle machine? Ours does and OMG... greatest invention ever! I got Sprite with peach flavor and it was AMAZEBALLS! They also had options for lime, orange, cherry, vanilla, strawberry or raspberry flavor (they also had lemon flavor available for Coke/Diet Coke). But that Sprite with peach... oh man I could have drank a gallon of it. YUM!!!
                    No, it doesn't, but the McDonalds by my college does, and I agree with you. So much choice! I love all the flavor combinations. I really try not to drink soda anymore, but when I do, this machine is the best ever. I love adding the different flavors to everything. I'm amazed all those syrups are tied to that one machine.
                    Meow

Comment

Mardi Gras swag is AWESOME! I had no idea that it's a magical time when cuddly gargoyles with glowing eyes drop from heaven — that's incredible! You racked up HUGE, ZT!

And Aimster! Such a real sense of movement in your poses! I love your foodie Duffy! These are some of your best shots yet, and that's saying something!:thumbup:

I've heard about those Freestyle machines, but I don't usually eat in chain restaurants, so I haven't seen one myself yet. I pretty much never drink sodas, but when I was a kid, I loved mixing the flavors together at places that had the open fountain, so I'd probably enjoy it!

Comment

Aimster, I love Duffy looking into the bag and the feel for his shirt, shorts and most of all his adorable flip flops in the canvas!

Well, I welcomed a new friend today. California Duffy (now known as "Little Buddy").

Duffy dressed up for the occasion and welcomed him.
                        "Well, hello, little buddy," said Duffy. "I like California, too. See my outfit?"
                        Pssst, pssst, what is Duffy whisperig in Little Buddy's ear?
                        I know they're up to something, as boys will be boys.
                        Yup, they are buddies.

Name:	032 - Look, a California Duffy (426x640).jpg
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	7347987Click image for larger version

Name:	036 - Well, hello, little buddy, I like California, too (640x480).jpg
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	7347988Click image for larger version

Name:	037 - Uh, oh, Duffy is whispering into Little Buddy's ear (425x640).jpg
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	7347989Click image for larger version

Name:	038 - Before long they will be into mischief (425x640).jpg
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	7347990Click image for larger version

Name:	039 - Yup, they are buddies for sure (426x640).jpg
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	7347991

Comment

Your Duffy is so sweet to welcome Little Buddy into the home.

Comment

To all Duffeteers that show love, happiness, luck and joy through Duffy and ShellieMay:

Happy Valentine's Day.

From Duffy, Mickey and Minnie.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

[QUOTE=MikkiMausu99;1056918269]To all Duffeteers that show love, happiness, luck and joy through Duffy and ShellieMay:

Adorable idea!

Happy Valentines Day to you, too!

Comment

Hats off to you, MikkiMausu! You finally got me with one o' your kissing shots. Those are totally adorable. You nailed it!:clap:

Happy Season of the Heart, everybody!!:love:

Comment

I saw this on Facebook and had to share...

At Disneyland Paris, Duffy got a cute baseball outfit for Valentine's Day!

It seems like the Paris park gives Duffy more special costumes for the walkaround character as well as special merchandise than the US parks do. I REALLY want that little Duffy in the purple sorcerers outfit. Plus they had the walkaround in a pirate costume for a special show...

Seems Paris gets it more than the US.

Comment

I don't understand why, but for some reason it seems that all the other Disney parks besides WDW get much better everything! Not just Duffy! I'm really frustrated with this Limited Time Magic thing this year in the US. DLC gets much better events. And WDW is bigger! I guess they figure that they don't have to try since WDW is such a huge tourist attraction.
                                    Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naelyan View Post
                                      I'm really frustrated with this Limited Time Magic thing this year in the US. DLC gets much better events. And WDW is bigger! I guess they figure that they don't have to try since WDW is such a huge tourist attraction.
                                      That's pretty much it. Disneyland is mainly visited by SoCal locals, while WDW is mainly tourists. Disneyland has like 1 million annual passholders... I have no idea how many WDW has. Anyhow, those Disneyland AP holders can be VERY vocal about things, so Disney is probably giving them better events to appease them because so many visit on a weekly basis. The tourists come maybe once a year, once every several years or maybe only once in their lifetime. The suits at WDW are a bunch of penny-pinching fools. Drunken monkeys could probably run the parks better.

Oh and I know a lot of WDW AP holders who think this Limited Time Magic thing is a total joke. It's gotten to the point some of us are calling it "Limited Magic" because it's so pathetic. What WDW needs is a LOT of guests (AP holders and regular guests alike) to go to Guest Relations/City Hall and complain about it.

Comment

^Yep! It seems like all they are doing at WDW for Limited Time Magic is various opportunities to get character pics that may not be available other times throughout the year. I want Mardi Gras parties and special events like the Oz hot air balloon tour!
                                        Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                                        sigpic

Comment

^WDW's is all like, "Oh here's a bunch of stuff we used to offer every day but are too cheap to do so now, but here you go for a week!"

Comment

Working...
                                          X