Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

oh they could totally put a hidden mickey on the shoe. BAB has a big paw print on the bottom of some of the shoes! (like the white sequin shoes I have on shellie may right now)

is shellie's original outfit like the original minnie? I saw that and thought a bit of ol' minnie.... but I'm an amature so I have no idea why she had no top

I still was a bit baffled when at BAB they wanted me to buy undies LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
      It's so cool how BAB has so many location-specific offerings limited by country, city, and even store! While I sometimes wish some of them were easier to get (esp some of the Northern European outfits), the business model keeps things fresh, unique, and memorable.
      Ok I want ALL the Union Jack outfits from the UK BAB's. :lol: I have an obsession with the Union Jack flag.

But yeah I love how you can find regional exclusives at various BAB's. Here at the Tampa Bay stores you can find stuff for the local sports teams & colleges (Rays, Buccaneers, UF, USF). At the BAB at the Florida Mall in Orlando they even had Miami Marlins & Miami Dolphins stuff in addition to the Tampa Bay teams and Orlando Magic (NBA) and UCF (another college). Plus with them being in Orlando, they had one wall of nothing but Disney costumes, outfits & accessories. I grabbed the last Stitch costume they had along with Goofy & Pluto hats.

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
      Seriously! BAB's deals and customer rewards along with their consistent quality and pricing structure all make me wonder who in the world that company is making any money at all!:lmao:
      HA! I love their "Stuff Fur Stuff" rewards program. I've put those $10 reward certificates to good use! I just got another reward in my email today for a free animal up to $12 or $12 off the animal of my choice. I think I'm going to use it towards getting Paddington (who is $22) if he's still available. If not... I'll figure out a new friend to get. I also have a $5 off coupon and a coupon for a free accessory (up to $5) I still need to use. Plus they send you coupons via email every couple weeks.

Comment

I bought the pirate mickey ears... is there a tip to putting it on his head? lol it looks a bit.. well small rotfl

and my mariners hat barely fits as well - how funny the seahawks football helmet looked HAHA

Comment

I find that the head pieces from BaB are a bit small for Duffy and Shellie May. I found that out the hard way after buying Princess Mouse Ears for her. They just squish her head.
          And don't buy any costume that goes over his entire face as it doesn't work because of his nose! It's more prominent than the BaB animals.
          I find Duffy's lack of pants disturbing. I always end up buying or pairing up pants with the Disney outfits he has! Come on, no one wants to see a bare bear butt! :roll:
          Luv Duffy & Shellie May
          sigpic

Comment

ok I think I figured it out! just don't look at the back HAHA

I need a jack sparrow shirt. oh I have 1,000 pirate things... he should not be wearing that starwars shirt! I also took his shoes off.. I got excited and needed to share the photo in a hurry. lol

I had to have those ears. I have the human size red ones (and erm a few other pirate ears lol)

Comment

Originally posted by deependgirl View Post
              I bought the pirate mickey ears... is there a tip to putting it on his head? lol it looks a bit.. well small rotfl

and my mariners hat barely fits as well - how funny the seahawks football helmet looked HAHA
              I can't help with the pirate Mickey ears, but for your Mariners hat... take a pair of scissors and carefully cut the earholes bigger (cut a little on either side of each hole) so Duffy's ears can fit through better.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                I can't help with the pirate Mickey ears, but for your Mariners hat... take a pair of scissors and carefully cut the earholes bigger (cut a little on either side of each hole) so Duffy's ears can fit through better.
                oooooooooo that is an awesome tip! thank you!

you all are so friendly. I loved micechat for years, (huge lurker) but the duffy forum rocks!

Comment

Ok I just made the score of the month...

I was taking the trash out to the compactor and while I was there, some guy pulled up in a truck and was going to throw out a cute plushie rocking horse. I've been wanting to get a rocking horse for Duffy but they're expensive. This one was in good shape, so I told the guy I'd take it. He showed me the handles are missing but I can fix that easy if I want. So I carried it home, sprayed some Febreeze on it to get rid of any smells, brushed out the mane & tail....

Now Duffy and Shellie May have their own horsey!

Now I'm going to have to get Duffy that Woody costume from Build A Bear (I like BAB's version more than Disney's). :lol:

Comment

aimster-AWESOME! Lucky you!
                    I wish I could get a Jessie costume for Shellie May!
                    Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                    sigpic

Comment

awww so cuuute!

Comment

Aimster, you have all the LUCK! Naelyan, try to borrow some of Aimster's. Jessie's outfit does occasionally show up on the secondary market, but it's usually rather pricey.

Comment

Aww aimster you beat me to it! I was going to post a photo of Duffy (when I get one) on my BAB Clydesdale horse in riding gear! LOL
                          Your photo is adorable and great dumpster dive score! I frequent thrift shops a lot and have never come across a rocking horse in that good of shape. (I have found lots of others though-no Duffys though-good sign that people are holding on to them.)
                          I recommend BAB's stuffed animal cleaner. It works great on most plush. I had a large Simba that had a nasty stain and it worked like a charm. Johnson and Johnson's No More Tangles is fantastic for getting matts and tangles out of synthetic hair (like that on the horse)
                          I just got a BAB free bear (or $12 off) coupon too! I might get Bearemy. The coupon has such a short window for redemption that I can't save for a BAB summer release.

Comment

Just a Duffy photo I want to share to end the day:

No matter how you see Duffy (as a friend, brother, son, etc.), just remember, he always brings love, happiness and luck.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

This is a little late, but HAPPY VALENTINE'S!!!!
                              Duffy was on display with some special Valentine's gifts! So sweet of him

Hope you all had a very special day also. Thanks to Duffy for making my extra sweet!
                              sigpic

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                              Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                              :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by deependgirl View Post
                                ok I think I figured it out! just don't look at the back HAHA

I need a jack sparrow shirt. oh I have 1,000 pirate things... he should not be wearing that starwars shirt! I also took his shoes off.. I got excited and needed to share the photo in a hurry. lol

I had to have those ears. I have the human size red ones (and erm a few other pirate ears lol)
                                Pirates of the CaribbeanPirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger TidesPotCPotC crack when you dress and undress your Duffy. Also, if you can, before you iron on the transfer, determine the best way to dress your Duffy with the least amount of stretch to the fabric. Whether you decide to screen print or iron on your design, avoid ribbed t-shirts as the irregular surface promotes uneven design transfer. A smooth/non-ribbed shirt is much better. Oh, and not to further feed your addiction, but if you would like to add to your Duffy and Disney Bear pirate collection, I feel obligated to inform you that several years ago Disney released a PotCPirates of the Caribbean film. Should we make a pact to attend the premiere together with our pirate Duffies and/or Shellie Mays in tow? Oh, and I love your signature.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikkiMausu99 View Post
                                  No matter how you see Duffy (as a friend, brother, son, etc.), just remember, he always brings love, happiness and luck.
                                  MikkiMausu99, so true, so true.

Comment

Originally posted by dazyhill
                                    I recommend BAB's stuffed animal cleaner. It works great on most plush. I had a large Simba that had a nasty stain and it worked like a charm.
                                    Oh I completely agree. I use the build a bear cleaner on Duffy and it works great. A friend of mine even asked me to pick some up for him to use on his Duffy.

Comment

Originally posted by ZTRinZler View Post
                                      Deependgirl, I love the red Pirate Mickey ears and the dead man’s chest! Are you and your family as obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbean and Jack Sparrow as my family and I are? That is so arghh-some!! :captain: My Duffy was dressed as Captain Jack Bearrow—er, Sparrow—for the longest time after we attended the premiere for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. We just had to keep relivin’ the moment. I bought those red Pirate Mickey ears later that night when I adopted and dressed a BAB pirate bear from the BAB in Downtown Disney. Even though he technically wasn’t a “Duffy” bear, I rationalized that his adoption on Disney soil permitted him a pass, and so I named him Jack McDuff—excuse me, Captain Jack McDuff.

But I digress. Yeah, I always despised the fact that the ears didn’t really stay on either bear’s head. I can somewhat understand the Pirate Mickey ears not fitting Duffy, but not even Jack McDuff can wear the ears. And they were intended for him! What’s up with that?

I’ve never seen a Duffy-sized Jack Sparrow t-shirt, but if you want more PotC gear for your bears, you could purchase BAB’s pirate costume or Disney’s Jack Sparrow outfit but be informed that pants don’t come with the latter outfit. Or you could try to find a blank BAB shirt (even if the blank shirts aren’t displayed in the store, ask an associate if they have any because some BAB stores carry them in stock), or any blank teddy bear-sized shirt, and either screen print or iron on an apparel/fabric transfer of your favorite PotC- or Captain Jack Sparrow-related image. Screen printing will probably be more expensive, but the quality of the results is much better. It’s permanent, the colors are rich and are not subject to fading with repeated washes, and the design won’t crack when the fabric/apparel is stretched unlike some iron-on transfers. If you’d prefer an iron-on transfer, pick a set of transfers manufactured specifically for stretchable fabrics as they shouldn’t crack when you dress and undress your Duffy. Also, if you can, before you iron on the transfer, determine the best way to dress your Duffy with the least amount of stretch to the fabric. Whether you decide to screen print or iron on your design, avoid ribbed t-shirts as the irregular surface promotes uneven design transfer. A smooth/non-ribbed shirt is much better. Oh, and not to further feed your addiction, but if you would like to add to your Duffy and Disney Bear pirate collection, I feel obligated to inform you that several years ago Disney released a PotC-themed Disney Bear.

I can’t wait for the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean film. Should we make a pact to attend the premiere together with our pirate Duffies and/or Shellie Mays in tow? Oh, and I love your signature.
                                      WOW thank you for your post!!!! ok lemme go through it all haha. oh boy now we are talkin' pirates and duffy woohoo

I adore pirates since the first movie and I came to disneyland when #3 was out, and got all the pirate goodies plus went to the El Capitan (my one and only time I ehem met Jack. haha )

yes I have so much pirate stuff it is embarrassing. LOL. those things with duffy were the things i could grab that were not put a way for a while. haha.

I thought of iron on transfers! I learned how to put them on pretty well from a craft site, but alas right now I have the wrong printer(ok maybe I did a few custom pirate things in the past for myself rotfl) like I need more jack tshirts.... once again.. embarrassing to think how many I have over the past 3 movies (I never got anything from movie #1 alas!)

thank you for all your comments!!! oh you are so lucky to go to the premiere I would just die If I ever got to go to one. ACH If I could go to #5 premiere - I WOULD TOTALLY bring Duffy and Shellie and meet up! LOL

I did see the jack costume on BAB site... (or is that the right one? maybe that was different!) I was wondering about the headgear again. and yes I did get the disney bear with the pirate shirt (pre duffy right?) and that pirate costume disney put out (ok not my favorite and yes not at all jack like) I wonder if the pirate disney bear shirt would fit on my duffy... he could wear jeans. hum that is an idea... (ok eta It is WAY too small. HAHA I forgot that disneybear is pretty small)

I mean why did disney or BAB not have one tshirt for jack sparrow. EVERYONE loves jack sparrow right? sheesh. look at hot topic, thousands of them each time the movie comes out!

thank you again for your post!!!!!!! just like my huge collection of pirate stuff, my virtual avatars and sigs is just large (ahahaha) I finally stopped looking for them since erm it's embarrassing... I am a collector through and through and jack is my #1 collection. I have the cardboard jack.. just not the real jack YET
                                      Last edited by deependgirl; 02-20-2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I have so much pirate memorabilia that it's not even funny. I even have items given to cast and crew members. As for dressing Duffy as Captain Jack Sparrow, I want him to look more authentic. I plan to purchase a second Disney Captain Jack Sparrow outfit and a second BAB pirate outfit and cut the braids out of the BAB pirate hat and adhere them to the Disney pirate hat. Whenever I want to dress Duffy as the real Captain Jack Sparrow, I'll just put the Disney Captain Jack Sparrow coat over the BAB pirate outfit and include the hybrid hat. Hopefully, the execution works as intended, but even if it doesn't, I'll still have my original Disney and BAB pirate outfits. The fifth movie is scheduled for a release date of July 15, 2015, so we have time.

Comment

That sounds awesome, ZT. And now you have to do it because this post constitutes my official photo request submission!:thumbup:

Comment

Working...
                                          X