Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Then we took a walk and found some trees he could climb!

Click image for larger version

Name:	8486163427_d4e02e70d3_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	7348123
    (sorry it's a bit small but for some reason it wouldn't let me post the medium sized pic!)

Name:	8487254212_92385dd756.jpg
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	7348124

Duffy leads the way

Name:	8487253508_b84673f3c3.jpg
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	7348125

Not so much forest here

Name:	8486161601_dda78f4d6c.jpg
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	7348126

Photos from Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
      We stopped to watch a streetmosphere show and got a photo with the friendly police officers after (and got their autographs).
      ...And that's why good bears wear panties.:blush:

...They were playing Justin Bieber at the dance party in Tomorrowland. Duffy did NOT like that.
      :love:

Originally posted by Becx View Post
      Then we took a walk and found some trees he could climb!

(sorry it's a bit small but for some reason it wouldn't let me post the medium sized pic!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27403[/ATTACH]
      I :love: this one! And no worries. Smaller is better than too big, for page loading and for quoting.

Comment

Thanks Duffy D! Just wasn't sure if it would be easy to see it well enough!

Uh oh, he climbs but also falls!

Name:	8487248874_f08d628c10.jpg
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	7348127

We then decided to play Hide and Seek but Duffy didn't seem to get the idea, I can still see you! Silly bear!

Name:	8486156347_d253478606.jpg
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	7348129

Name:	8486157011_968c83fe0d.jpg
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	7348128

I had to make sure he didn't try and eat these! Once I explained that we didn't know what type of mushrooms they were and they could be poisonous he said ok and just wanted to get a good look

Name:	8487246838_82e25fd765.jpg
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	7348130

I also told him about fairy rings and we tried to find one but couldn't, so he settled for having his picture taken with these and his hat on!

Name:	8487245448_e845e85984.jpg
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	7348131

After all that walking he was a little bit tired, but luckily was able to hitch a lift!

Name:	8498147022_52b5dd0063.jpg
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	7348132

Photos from Flickr

Comment

On our way back to the car park we discovered they had a small fair ground with some kiddy rides and such, they also had this scary looking Friar Tuck!

Name:	8487244044_c7587595d8.jpg
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	7348133

Not exactly Star Tours! Unfortunately I was too tall to ride! I really need to find some kids so Duffy can get to try these rides out in future :lol:

Name:	8487243364_ca43d13830.jpg
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	7348134

Photos from Flickr

Comment

I love the tree-hanging, tree-hiding, bag-hitching and especially...SCARY Friar Tuck!:lol:

Comment

DAY TWO!

Yesterday, we spent the day at Epcot!

We stopped to see Chip & Dale. Dale saw Shellie May sticking out my bag and immediately pulled her out. Then Chip saw Duffy in my bag and pulled him out and was being a brat by holding him upside down and trying to eat him. His handler was all, "Chip! Be nice to Duffy!" It was all quite amusing.

They had a playground set up to promote the new "Oz: The Great and Powerful" movie that's coming out in a couple weeks (and for the Flower & Garden Festival, which starts next month).

They had this cool photo op as well... RUNAWAY BALLOON! HALP!

We stopped to see big Duffy! He got so excited when he saw Shellie. He kept giving her kisses and danced with her. It was so stinking cute. And as usual, he didn't want to give her back. :lol:

Hanging out at Victoria Gardens in Canada.

At the UK pavilion, while waiting in line to see Tigger & Pooh, a CM at the Kidcot station had taken a bunch of the Duffy paddles and was killing time between kids visiting by turning Duffy into all sorts of characters. He had him as Superman, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man.... And I saw this one lurking in the back.... Tigger! He was giving the paddles out to whoever wanted them and he let me have the Tigger one.

Duffy as Tigger! My two favorite characters combined! :yea:

We made our way around World Showcase to Japan.

Wandered around Mitsukoshi and several Japanese CMs of course went nuts seeing Duffy & Shellie May together and were asking me how I got Shellie and about their outfits. We also talked about Spring Voyage and TDL's 30th.

Duffy wanted all the Japanese chocolates! but it was really hot yesterday (in the 80s... too hot for Florida for February) and they would have melted so I told him no.

Then Shellie May wanted all the Hello Kitty marshmallow candies.

Stopped by Innoventions and the bears wanted to play in this little club house outside the Home of Future Living.

Saw the Chickie Duffy in the Mouse Gear shop. Kind of cute but not worth the $18 price tag. He's about the size of the new 8" Duffy they're selling at the Disney Store. You can take him out of the egg, but you can't take him out of the chickie costume because it's part of his body.

And that's it for our trip! Hope you enjoyed!

Comment

oh thanks for all the photos. really cheered me up! (bit sickie today )

Comment

Feel better, deependgirl!^^ And thanks for the photos, Aimster. Unfortunately, what you said about the chick costume being non-removable is seriously disappointing. I didn't think I could feel worse about that outfit, but that did it. And that…"thing" on the chicken head…what is that? Ugh. Oh well. That OZ stuff is awesome! Go Disney!:lol:

Comment

Then Shellie May wanted all the Hello Kitty marshmallow candies.
                    These are my favorites! I especially love the apple jelly filled marshmallows! Sometimes they are hard to find, but I saw them recently. Looks like you had a nice time. Too bad it was through the week and we couldn't meet up with you! Maybe next time!
                    Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                      Feel better, deependgirl!^^ And thanks for the photos, Aimster. Unfortunately, what you said about the chick costume being non-removable is seriously disappointing. I didn't think I could feel worse about that outfit, but that did it. And that…"thing" on the chicken head…what is that? Ugh. Oh well. That OZ stuff is awesome! Go Disney!:lol:
                      awww thanks! I'm feeling better now *grateful it wasn't the flu*

now I notice the "thing" on chick duffy and it does look weird LOL

Comment

Duffy Tigger! That was ADORABLE of the CM, Aimster! GREAT adventures for your bears!

Becx, your Duffy's adventure is also delightful!
                        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Aimster, as usual, GREAT pictures. I've printed out quite a few of your pics and have them hanging in my cubicle at work! One glance at Duffy and ShellyMay and there's an instant smile on my face.

Thanks to all who share these wonderful photos!

Comment

Aimster, I love the outfits you have on Duffy and Shellie May. Did your aunt make Shellie May's dress? I love the flowers. So feminine but not overdone! Loved the picture of Duffy hanging upside down in the tree and them at the kids only area.

Comment

Shellie May is so excited to have somewhere to store her pretty things!

Then she stood guard over it.

Duffy was less enthused, preferring to just stuff everything in and get back to hibernating. "See, everything fits."

"Hmmm, let me see." Um, not really!

Duffy then crawled into the warm, cozy bed.

Shellie May had to sit down after her effort.

It is hard to rouse the bears for more than an occasional activity.
                              They spend most of the day sleeping while I'm at work.
                              I'm sure they'll perk up come spring.

Name:	057 - Shellie May is excited to have somewhere to store her pretty things (433x640).jpg
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	7348140Click image for larger version

Name:	058 - Shellie May (427x640).jpg
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	7348141Click image for larger version

Name:	059 - Shellie May displaying her wardrobe (640x427).jpg
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	7348142Click image for larger version

Name:	060 - Shellie May guarding her closet (480x640).jpg
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	7348143Click image for larger version

Name:	061 - Close-up of Shellie May (426x640).jpg
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	7348144Click image for larger version

Name:	062 - Duffy is less enthused and prefers to just stuff everything in (431x640).jpg
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	7348145Click image for larger version

Name:	063 - See, it all fits (426x640).jpg
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	7348146Click image for larger version

Name:	064 - Well, let's see (426x640).jpg
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	7348147Click image for larger version

Name:	065 - Duffy (640x427).jpg
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	7348148Click image for larger version

Name:	067 - Close-up of Duffy's slippers (640x427).jpg
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	7348149Click image for larger version

Name:	069 - Duffy and Shellie May in front of their closets (640x427).jpg
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	7348150Click image for larger version

Name:	070 - Duffy wants to get back to hibernating (640x426).jpg
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	7348151Click image for larger version

Name:	071 - Duffy crawling into bed (640x427).jpg
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	7348152Click image for larger version

Name:	073 - Duffy (640x426).jpg
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	7348153Click image for larger version

Name:	074 - Shellie May sat down after all that effort (427x640).jpg
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	7348154

Comment

Too cute, JillT!:clap:

Comment

Three hours later, I went to check on the bears.

Shellie May was looking in on Duffy, thinking, "hmmm, he does look mighty comfortable!"

She decided to drag a pillow over and join him.
                                  "This is sort of heavy," she said.

Then she prepared her spot.

Yes, it is definitely still hibernation season!

Name:	075 - Shellie May thinks hmmm, Duffy sure looks comfortable maybe I'll join him (640x427).jpg
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	7348155Click image for larger version

Name:	076 - Shellie May is so cute in her pajamas (426x640).jpg
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	7348156Click image for larger version

Name:	077 - Showcasing Shellie May's pajamas and bow (640x427).jpg
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	7348157Click image for larger version

Name:	078 - Shellie May dragging a pillow over (427x640).jpg
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	7348158Click image for larger version

Name:	079 - This is sort of heavy, says Shellie May (640x427).jpg
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	7348159Click image for larger version

Name:	080 - Shellie May preparing her spot (427x640).jpg
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	7348160Click image for larger version

Name:	081- Yes, it is still hibernation season (640x427).jpg
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	7348161
                                  Attached Files

Comment

JillT, wherever did you find that bear sized armoire? Too cute! I have been looking and looking for something like that to store Duffy and ShellieMay's clothes.

Comment

JillT, wherever did you find that bear sized armoire? Too cute! I have been looking and looking for something like that to store Duffy and ShellieMay's clothes.

They are sold on Amazon, at Sears, at Walmart, and the best price was at Meijer, a general/grocery type store (similar to Super Walmart). I painted some of the knobs blue from some leftover paint from my utility room for Duffy. The normal armoire comes with pink knobs. It's made by KidKraft.

It's not as deep as I'd like, though.

It will store their shirts, shorts, and pants, coats, and some of the shorter dresses, but it also only fits two pair of shoes. If you leave the shelf out you can store more long dresses.
                                      Last edited by JillT; 02-23-2013, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Aimster, that dress on Shellie May is so adorable! And I love the idea of hair clips for bows. Our Shellie May is now begging for some of her own!

JillT, that Tippy Blue pillow sure completes the scene, now I want to get all cozy!

Oh my, and Duffy climbing trees, so fun!
                                        Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                                          Aimster, I love the outfits you have on Duffy and Shellie May. Did your aunt make Shellie May's dress? I love the flowers. So feminine but not overdone!
                                          Nope. The dress is from Busch Gardens. They have a "build an animal" thing in one of the gift shops there and some outfits. I saw this dress during the Christmas Town event and my mom went back and got it for Shellie May for Christmas. It came with a matching hat, but Shellie wanted her ear bows this time instead.

And I'm going to have to look up that armorie on Meijer's site. I worked at Meijer ago when I was in college (like 20 years ago). Build A Bear has their own version but I want to check these out too.

And.... now.... PHOTOS!

Hey.... What's this?

Shellie, come check it out!

Hello? Anyone in there?

Hellooooo?

Oh! Hello there! And you are...?

Say hello to our new friend.... Bearemy!

I had a BAB reward thing for a free bear (or $12 off a bear of my choice) and decided to get Bearemy. I always thought he was pretty cute. And his feet kind of have toes like Duffy & Shellie May once get got his stuffing in!

Comment

Working...
                                          X